Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Joe Kinnear

Good good :) Nufc fans are in meltdown on twitter! I''m gonna tip them for the drop.

Llambias might be gone, but Keegan''s words in the aftermath of Hughton''s sacking are still relevant as regards Mike Ashley - [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifpb55bXkrg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifpb55bXkrg[/url]

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/1208995_614988921857320_389944421_n_zps3fee54a7.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/1208995_614988921857320_389944421_n_zps3fee54a7.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

And thats the noise of the final nail going into Newcastles season... going to be a long and ultimately sad season for them....

Portman road next season

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]And thats the noise of the final nail going into Newcastles season... going to be a long and ultimately sad season for them....

Portman road next season[/quote]It staggers me. Its a great club, with fantastic support, and they get let down, time and time again, by the people who run it.

Mike Ashley is the modern Robert Chase....

Sadly for Newcastle it''s going to get far worse before it gets better.... everyone said Leeds would never drop to league 1... I think Newcastle might be the next "Big" side to be playing Walsall and Crewe.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Mike Ashley is the modern Robert Chase....

Sadly for Newcastle it''s going to get far worse before it gets better.... everyone said Leeds would never drop to league 1... I think Newcastle might be the next "Big" side to be playing Walsall and Crewe.[/quote]You would have thought they would have learned the lesson from their last relegation. I know its probably not easy running a football club, but Ashley is making monumental blunders, it would appear.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Mike Ashley is the modern Robert Chase.... Sadly for Newcastle it''s going to get far worse before it gets better.... everyone said Leeds would never drop to league 1... I think Newcastle might be the next "Big" side to be playing Walsall and Crewe.[/quote]

Everyone said that after they got relegated, they then got promoted back and finished 5th.

Their squad is plenty good enough to keep them in the Premier League - they won''t be finishing 5th again, but expect them to have mid table safety. Although they failed to bring in anyone apart from Remy, they did manage to keep Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Anita, Sissoko, Debuchy etc. Those are top quality players and if they can be motivated then they should finish above most teams in this league, an up coming World Cup is usually good enough motivation.

Motivation, injuries and Ba going were the problems last season.

Is Remy going to make up for Ba going at last? As for the motivation bit, I''m not even sure that Pardew is fully motivated. It remains to be a bit of a shambles.

I can see them struggling like last season if I am honest. There hasn''t been much to indicate otherwise from the first three games.

Alan Shearer raised a good point though the other weekTheir team has no English core who will fight to the death to ensure they stay in the league. For the club and for the fans.If they have a few injuries and go on another poor run, it has been strongly suggested that the squad will start breaking up into mini groups (much like QPR)

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Alan Shearer raised a good point though the other weekTheir team has no English core who will fight to the death to ensure they stay in the league. For the club and for the fans.If they have a few injuries and go on another poor run, it has been strongly suggested that the squad will start breaking up into mini groups (much like QPR)

[/quote]It is an extremely important point, a lot of them raised the white flag towards the end of last season.

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]Sorry Bethnal but Anita isn''t fit to tie Tettey''s shoelaces.[/quote]

Hmm, not so sure about that. Wasn''t brilliant last season but he is an excellent player and should start to improve this season.

Newcastle have a huge amount of individual talent, blending them has been the problem (this seems to have been the case for such a long time) but I have a feeling the team will get better and better as the season goes on.

I think JK''s appointment and Newcastle''s subsequent lack of transfer activity is meant to force Pardew out of the door as Newcastle can''t sack him having given him an 8 year contract. Obviously Pardew won''t leave knowing the payout he''s likely to receive so I suppose Mike Ashley is trying to force him out of the door and feels Joe''s the man to make that happen.

Hasn''t worked so far. Maybe bringing Glenn Roeder in as joint manager might do the trick.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I think JK''s appointment and Newcastle''s subsequent lack of transfer activity is meant to force Pardew out of the door as Newcastle can''t sack him having given him an 8 year contract. Obviously Pardew won''t leave knowing the payout he''s likely to receive so I suppose Mike Ashley is trying to force him out of the door and feels Joe''s the man to make that happen.

Hasn''t worked so far. Maybe bringing Glenn Roeder in as joint manager might do the trick.[/quote]Think you''re right.I think Ashley is trying everything in the book to just make Pardew leave

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Alan Shearer raised a good point though the other weekTheir team has no English core who will fight to the death to ensure they stay in the league. For the club and for the fans.If they have a few injuries and go on another poor run, it has been strongly suggested that the squad will start breaking up into mini groups (much like QPR)

[/quote]Is there any evidence that you need an ''English core who will fight to the death''? Sounds like the usual banal horseshit you would expect from an ''expert'' who didn''t even know who Hatem Ben Arfa was when he signed for Newcastle. The idea that foreign players will roll over when the going gets tough without an English spine to the team is fairly insulting really.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Alan Shearer raised a good point though the other weekTheir team has no English core who will fight to the death to ensure they stay in the league. For the club and for the fans.If they have a few injuries and go on another poor run, it has been strongly suggested that the squad will start breaking up into mini groups (much like QPR)

[/quote]Is there any evidence that you need an ''English core who will fight to the death''? Sounds like the usual banal horseshit you would expect from an ''expert'' who didn''t even know who Hatem Ben Arfa was when he signed for Newcastle. The idea that foreign players will roll over when the going gets tough without an English spine to the team is fairly insulting really.[/quote]I think they were mainly looking at QPRAs soon as everything went tits upThe old boys (Clint Hill / Sean Derry) etc tried to steady the shipAll the foreign mercenaries however just gave up knowing they would be picked up by another club.

No real evidence of it, but I know what he means. Concerning times for Newcastle. Think they will struggle. They already need to spend in January.

I don''t think it''s necessarily foreigners, more people with not much association with the club. Mercenaries and other players who would simply find another top flight team if relegated.

I don''t know the Newcastle players personally, but I guess some of them are proud to play for them and others are just happily playing top flight football on a decent wage.

I suppose this is why the likes of Johnson and co are good for us to have. Not the most technically gifted but would have a lot of fight in them if faced with challenging times. Determination basically to use a football manager term.

This whole "foreigners will roll over" is just nonsense. Absolutely crazy.

If we get in a relegation scrap I fully trust all of our foreign lads (and that includes the new guys) to be up for the fight.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I think JK''s appointment and Newcastle''s subsequent lack of transfer activity is meant to force Pardew out of the door as Newcastle can''t sack him having given him an 8 year contract. Obviously Pardew won''t leave knowing the payout he''s likely to receive so I suppose Mike Ashley is trying to force him out of the door and feels Joe''s the man to make that happen.

Hasn''t worked so far. Maybe bringing Glenn Roeder in as joint manager might do the trick.[/quote]Think you''re right.I think Ashley is trying everything in the book to just make Pardew leave

[/quote]

interesting Viewpoint. I think Pardew should stick to his guns and see it out... big 2 fingers to Ashley then

You do wonder though how long Pardew will be able to bear it, it can''t be nice when it''s clear to the world that they have undermined him so much and apparently not provided any new blood. The team spirit doesn''t appear to be the strongest and English spine or French spine I can see huge cracks appearing if they don''t start to pick up points!