Sign in to follow this  
ThatGirlFromNJ

Open letter to chris Hughton from an American fan.

[quote user="ThatGirlFromNJ"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="ThatGirlFromNJ"]sorry you felt embarrassed, but Im sure that everyone is well aware that I dont represent all American opinions. I represent my own. This isnt a popularity contest and I wish people would focus their comments on the points I made in the original post rather than on me. That main point is this: There should have been more offensive tactics employed in this game (and in all games). Defence is important, but only works for wins when balanced with attacks. You simply cannot win a game from your own end of the pitch.[/quote]

You can, go and watch Sunderland v Man City last season and tell me I''m wrong. This isn''t the NFL, field position and time of possession may be very important in some sports but in soccer, not so much.
[/quote] Maybe after watching longer, I will agree more readily with your assessment. Obviously, my viewpoints are heavily influenced by my knowledge of the NFL. But I also understand that these are in fact two different games. And, again, I say that I am learning more about those differences. But I also know that I am not alone in my stance that more offence is necessary. I just dont see how CH thinks that we stand a chance of scoring, when he is playing more players, whose primary goal is defence. Strikers will be more apt to look for opportunities to score. This opinion is one that I have formed by watching most of the games in which the only side of the pitch with any recurring action, is the one in which OUR goal keeper defends.[/quote]

Picky me here again. Don''t Americans write offense and defense rather than offence and defence? Perhaps that English bf is correcting your ''English''

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]

[quote user="ThatGirlFromNJ"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="ThatGirlFromNJ"]sorry you felt embarrassed, but Im sure that everyone is well aware that I dont represent all American opinions. I represent my own. This isnt a popularity contest and I wish people would focus their comments on the points I made in the original post rather than on me. That main point is this: There should have been more offensive tactics employed in this game (and in all games). Defence is important, but only works for wins when balanced with attacks. You simply cannot win a game from your own end of the pitch.[/quote]

You can, go and watch Sunderland v Man City last season and tell me I''m wrong. This isn''t the NFL, field position and time of possession may be very important in some sports but in soccer, not so much.
[/quote] Maybe after watching longer, I will agree more readily with your assessment. Obviously, my viewpoints are heavily influenced by my knowledge of the NFL. But I also understand that these are in fact two different games. And, again, I say that I am learning more about those differences. But I also know that I am not alone in my stance that more offence is necessary. I just dont see how CH thinks that we stand a chance of scoring, when he is playing more players, whose primary goal is defence. Strikers will be more apt to look for opportunities to score. This opinion is one that I have formed by watching most of the games in which the only side of the pitch with any recurring action, is the one in which OUR goal keeper defends.[/quote]

Picky me here again. Don''t Americans write offense and defense rather than offence and defence? Perhaps that English bf is correcting your ''English''

[/quote]

not when discussing sports lol

[quote user="ThatGirlFromNJ"]Dear Mr. Hughton, I am a loyal fan from New Jersey, USA. I have been watching football for only about 8 months, and readily admit that I have much to learn about the sport. However, what I have seen, thus far, has been less than inspiring. I do, however, feel quite qualified to offer you some choice advice concerning your decisions as manager of Norwich City Football Club. Let me begin my critique by pointing out the obvious: to win a game, one must play on the offensive more than the defensive. However, I do realize that this must seem a less than obvious strategy, as you rarely play a hard offensive line. I have observed your consistent choice to play only your defensive players. The result is that Norwich players hardly reach the final third of their opponent’s half. This, quite clearly, means that a goal by Norwich City is highly unlikely from the beginning! When they do manage to overcome this foresight in your management skills, the result is one of shock and awe, often most strongly exhibited by the players on the pitch themselves, as they have no idea what to do with the ball. Don’t get me wrong, I have seen Norwich make some wonderful plays. This, however, has been when they were allowed to play offence. My biggest qualm is that, due to your aforementioned strategy, Norwich players are often left playing defence when they have nothing to defend! How ridiculous! For example, in today’s (14 Sept.) most recent game against Tottenham, at the back end of the second half, Norwich was down 2-nill, yet you still insisted on almost no offensive plays! What did you have to lose? By choosing to forego a change in strategy, we had already lost the game. The only way to have a chance at even one goal would be to play like we were trying to score one! At that point, I was trying to decide which teams players you were trying to benefit from your managing choices; certainly not Norwich! Or maybe you do not realize that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results. I mean no disrespect. This intention of this letter is to simply point out the flaws in your decisions that you so blatantly refuse to acknowledge and to hold you accountable to your responsibilities as manager. I suggest you reconsider one of two things: 1) Your future choices as manager, or 2) your resignation. Sincerely, Pissed-Off Spectator P.S. I apologize for my Americanisms. I will gladly translate should the need arise.[/quote]

What the hell do yanks know about football anyway they get the game confused with Rugby, wear a suit of Armour and silly uniforms, we play Football and Rugby not Soccer or silly boys Rounders ie Baseball, girls game''s  

Yec we do. HAH!

The OP is neither American or female. His comments are too complex for some Johnny-come-lately, casual, foreign-based viewer.

What might be interesting is his reason for wanting to be identified as a young American girl.

thatgirlfromNJ. Your first post of today was at 7.02am EST. Awfully early posting for a Sunday morning?!

If you''re going to keep up this trolling game, I''d take the -5hours into consideration mate. Nabbed.

In the words of your countryman (not), Columbo, "dere''s still suumthin dat still baarttherin; me"

"Norwich was down 2-nill" ? I''ve never heard an American use this obvious grammatical error. Only less educated people from this side of the pond. Another clue perhaps as to the identity of our ''colonial cousin''?

Everyone is awefully concerned with who I am. I have not mis-represented myself at all. I am a 25 year old female from NJ, USA. My bf is from England and we have been watching Norwich for the past roughly 8 months via skype and the p2p live streams. He has been a fan for years. We discuss the games often as we watch together.

Really, lets get back to football. I''m much less interesting. Move on.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

What the hell do yanks know about football anyway they get the game confused with Rugby, wear a suit of Armour and silly uniforms, we play Football and Rugby not Soccer or silly boys Rounders ie Baseball, girls game''s  [/quote]

Ah..ya....that could well be a sound question there, Pete, however, the last I checked the US of A was four places above England in the world rankings and the Premier League catering to a record low of 34.1% of English players. Soooo, removing your armchair Football Manager''s cap and taking a fresh look at these changing times, your question might well be rephrased back on England. With all that England ''knows'' about football, it seems that the ''English'' game is beginning to add up to nothing more than pi55ing in the wind.

Thoughts?

[quote user="im spartacus"]you should stick to  cheer leading love  [:D]
[/quote]

Huzzah![Y]