Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

hughton is going no where !

I spoke to a director  ( not a major shareholder ) who I have known a few years a couple of weeks ago they told me we would not be signing any other strikers waiting till jan transfer window ( have since signed elmander on loan ) so must have meant a permanent signing ,

remember I know this person well so was blunt and didn''t beat around the bush  I got onto hughtons tactics I was told that he was the best they could afford Norwich do not have millions for managers / he was a fantastic nice man and board very happy with him and they thought even if Norwich went down the board would stick with him !

, I said what about the form of last season how we didn''t attack well and quick fluid enough a I preferred lambert they then said lambert is a gambler ie tactics transfers etc  hughton isn''t and this is becoming very true careful chris will never gamble and the club love this sees it as a safe pair of hands instead of a hot head / gambler

then told Norwich will always find it tough in this league ( which I agree )  the money wages that other clubs have is far more than us also was told the club had found it hard to attract player ( I don''t know who or when )

but I never knew this but I didn''t know a few seasons back we were so skint that some of the directors painted the changing rooms ,

I don''t agree with a lot what they told me but I do like hughton as a person they way the players are not out on town or in papers etc he just needs to attack more and let go of the reins then we could have a very good manager

just a insight into  a directors point of view

Interesting post with a real ring of truth, but the only Directors that I can think of that arent major shareholders are Bowkett, McNally and Fry. This doesnt fit the style of the first two, who are incredibly careful what they say to any fan. I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong about who is and isnt a Director though.

well this person got involved when the club needed money for hucks transfer / wages also the person was not talking to a fan talking to someone who they know that''s why I have only posted things that don''t really connect the person or let anyone know who it is !

also this was their opinion not the whole clubs remember ....

Well Directors can say what they want of course, about liking Hughton, backing Hughton, seeing Hughton as a ''safe pair of hands''. However, if that safe pair of hands becomes an unsafe pair of hands by our constant negative play and subsequent bad results and league position, I really don''t think (with the money at stake and the money spent this summer) that they''d let us slide too far down the table without taking the necessary action.

Whatever Director you''ve spoken to, McNally is the one who makes the footballing decisions at board level. If he falls out of love with Hughton and Hughton''s style, Hughton''s gone.

I think a lot of our trouble lies with Colin Calderwood. Someone in football I have never rated and probably a bit to do with why Holt wanted out taking into account their past.

i see why bother telling some people on here things just because you run after players please sign my shirt doesnt mean everyone knows nobody like your good self i am NOT a fan i am someone who has lived in norwich all my life and this is my local club whos result i look for first i dont really class myself as a norwich fan as i do not surport anyone but i LOVE football and i did say it was there opinion not mcnallys or delias just theirs !

norfolkngood wrote the following post at 2013-08-26 5:23 PM:

I spoke to a director ( not a major shareholder ) who I have known a few years a couple of weeks ago they told me we would not be signing any other strikers waiting till jan transfer window ( have since signed elmander on loan ) so must have meant a permanent signing ,

remember I know this person well so was blunt and didn''t beat around the bush I got onto hughtons tactics I was told that he was the best they could afford Norwich do not have millions for managers / he was a fantastic nice man and board very happy with him and they thought even if Norwich went down the board would stick with him !

, I said what about the form of last season how we didn''t attack well and quick fluid enough a I preferred lambert they then said lambert is a gambler ie tactics transfers etc hughton isn''t and this is becoming very true careful chris will never gamble and the club love this sees it as a safe pair of hands instead of a hot head / gambler

then told Norwich will always find it tough in this league ( which I agree ) the money wages that other clubs have is far more than us also was told the club had found it hard to attract player ( I don''t know who or when )

but I never knew this but I didn''t know a few seasons back we were so skint that some of the directors painted the changing rooms ,

I don''t agree with a lot what they told me but I do like hughton as a person they way the players are not out on town or in papers etc he just needs to attack more and let go of the reins then we could have a very good manager

just a insight into a directors point of view

Very very interesting: won''t be signing any more strikers......then we sign Elmander, who has cost money in the deal!

Hughton the best we can afford - the director negotiated his contract did he, and has an awareness of what all PL and championship managers contracts are worth?

Norwich will always find it tough in this league - along with most clubs outside the top six!

Hughton isn''t a gambler - obviously with the tactics he uses, no question.

So directors painted the changing rooms - many supporters dipped their hands in their pockets and did much more!

And you don''t agree with a lot of ''what THEY'' told me........

So was it one director or not?

Not that I disbelieve you at all ng, but the first statement you make in resecbf what HE said is overruled immediately which doesn''t give too much credibility to the rest.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]I spoke to a director..........remember I know this person well[/quote][quote user="norfolkngood"]well this person got involved when the club needed money for hucks transfer / wages also the person was not talking to a fan talking to someone who they know[/quote]I thought it was Carl Moore who helped with the Hucks transfer. Carl Moore was not a director.Are you sure you know this person well?

[quote user="City 2nd"]norfolkngood wrote the following post at 2013-08-26 5:23 PM: I spoke to a director ( not a major shareholder ) who I have known a few years a couple of weeks ago they told me we would not be signing any other strikers waiting till jan transfer window ( have since signed elmander on loan ) so must have meant a permanent signing , remember I know this person well so was blunt and didn''t beat around the bush I got onto hughtons tactics I was told that he was the best they could afford Norwich do not have millions for managers / he was a fantastic nice man and board very happy with him and they thought even if Norwich went down the board would stick with him ! , I said what about the form of last season how we didn''t attack well and quick fluid enough a I preferred lambert they then said lambert is a gambler ie tactics transfers etc hughton isn''t and this is becoming very true careful chris will never gamble and the club love this sees it as a safe pair of hands instead of a hot head / gambler then told Norwich will always find it tough in this league ( which I agree ) the money wages that other clubs have is far more than us also was told the club had found it hard to attract player ( I don''t know who or when ) but I never knew this but I didn''t know a few seasons back we were so skint that some of the directors painted the changing rooms , I don''t agree with a lot what they told me but I do like hughton as a person they way the players are not out on town or in papers etc he just needs to attack more and let go of the reins then we could have a very good manager just a insight into a directors point of view Very very interesting: won''t be signing any more strikers......then we sign Elmander, who has cost money in the deal! Hughton the best we can afford - the director negotiated his contract did he, and has an awareness of what all PL and championship managers contracts are worth? Norwich will always find it tough in this league - along with most clubs outside the top six! Hughton isn''t a gambler - obviously with the tactics he uses, no question. So directors painted the changing rooms - many supporters dipped their hands in their pockets and did much more! And you don''t agree with a lot of ''what THEY'' told me........ So was it one director or not? Not that I disbelieve you at all ng, but the first statement you make in resecbf what HE said is overruled immediately which doesn''t give too much credibility to the rest.[/quote]

It gives it no credibility

city4eva wrote the following post at 2013-08-26 6:31 PM:

It gives it no credibility.

Agree c4e, was just a bit wary if being so blunt!

this person and it is one person is a associate director who put money in at the hucks time ! fact

I forgot to write (and not back tracking ) that anything to do with the football side of club  is hughton and McNally ( which it should well be )

hughton are the only people that really know what will happen next eg signings but others have a good idea but it is really down to them two

I used they as not to give sex of the person away male or  female

like I said no new striker which a. they might of got wrong or elmander is loaned not a full signing ?

this person is well known to have put money into club with people that know them !

I am 42 and see no point in lieing to a pinkun message board ! FACT

I said I do not agree I think hughton needs to be told straight that Norwich have mostly played good entertaining football and that is what every person wants to see like I said on another thread that if hughton just took the break off the team and let them play he would have more backing from the fans

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]CUSDP - that was my first reaction too. We are quite a conservative club.
[/quote]

Yep.. mine too Louis and I didn''t say it either [;)]

Feckin'' Tories get everywhere[+o(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

"FACT!"

That seals it for me.

[/quote]

Well then folks, it appears The Pinkun messiah has spoken!!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Below the directors are associate directors. Probably truth in this to be fair.[/quote]

Not in any meaningful sense, I think. They are not part of the executive or non-executive structure of the club, and they don''t have any special voting powers by way of their qualifying £25,000 purchase of shares. Essentially it is a group of people who have bankrolled the club in a modest way but have no role in its decision-making. Transfer plans, for example, would not outlined for their approval. That is not to say they don''t hear stuff informally.

this mindset of the board is the reason we are in the trouble we are in now ! ok not a major shareholder but gives you a insight to how everyone else is wrong about hughton and they were right (the board ) so I hope people around the board now realise to get the head out of sand time and admit YOU WERE WRONG GET RID NOW !!!

List of Norwich Directors:

Mr Edward Michael Spencer Wynn-Jones

Ms Delia Ann Smith

Mr Michael Martin Foulger

Mr Stephan Phillips

Mr David Mcnally

Mr Alan John Bowkett

Ms Samantha Gordon

Mr Stephen Fry

I will not mention their name ! but for me to post this on 26/08/2013 just goes to show ever since then they have not taken the problem serious enough and buried their head in the sand MR NICE can do no wrong !

now the person I know will not be anywhere near making the decision to axe hughton that''s up to DM and others but it is so deep now it is going to get very interesting who is to blame if it all goes wrong !