Sign in to follow this  
Reverend Timothy Smallpiece

Our Finidi George

They thought he was worse than Elander? Think that does show that they don''t know football actually, Smallpiece.

It''s the middle of January and our club record signing still isn''t exactly pulling up trees. Perhaps the reverend was right all along. Perhaps Ricky really is our Finidi George.

this is what southampton fans said about jay rodriguez last season. over reaction again.

I don''t know how either of them score to be honest.

Hooper had a couple of great strikes but neither have had many one on ones or taps ins.

Out problems are not in the finish if you play like we do you need a powerful player of dribbler who can make their own chances as you not going to get any made for you.

The problem is he current Snodgrass/redmond role and in midfield. The ball never comes in the box when RVW and Hooper run in its always slow slow turn a few times ... everyone set and in place ....ok here it comes

Gradually you would get fed up making those runs and i feel that even with any player up front they are going to look rubbish.

Also two poachers up front is naff also as they fill the same space a number 10 with pace would be a requirement in our current system.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2537467/Ravel-Morrison-way-Fulham-ready-make-7-5million-bid.html

Would be after this player if the figures are correct

This is a daft thread. Why point your finger at Ricky.A guy who has been injured and also gets zero support from the tactics. How is a striker meant to score when hes sitting deep or no one can get the ball to him. Stick a defender to man mark him and thats him out of the game.I still think a Ricky / Hooper / Wes (Howson)  attacking 3 will win us points on its own   IF THEY ARE ALLOWED TO PLAY PROPERLYHootan ooot

* We could have Messi, Ratboy, C.Ronaldo or even Fat Ronaldo at his best up front at the moment and they would have a similar goal count to Ricky.

What about a nice sing song to cheer us all up on transfer deadline day. Here we go, altogether now, to the tune of the old Leon Mackenzie song ...

"He scored against Everton, he never scored again, Finidi, tra la la la, Finidi, tra la la la"

Still fingers crossed that we might be able to sort out a straight swap to get Cody Mac back. Derby have got a guy banging ''em in for fun as well. Chris something or other...

[quote user="Simple Jack"]Looks like the good reverend was right all along.[/quote]admittedly I was watching a stream on the tv at the Murderers but did he actually do anything to our advantage in the period we were encamped outside the penalty area.  I do recall him losing the ball weakly - i have totally given up on him..

Late March and still a pitiful solitary goal from Finidi van Georgewinkel. Looks like the vicar knows his onions. Should he be Director of Football?

He may well flop this season, but he still has two things in his favour. He''s not a washed up pro, he''s 25 and still can sort it out. Secondly, we are still (hard to believe i know) supposedly unlikely to get relegated still, so he can try again next season.