Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Becchio to Spain

Passing on what my mate who works in the sports press industry had to tell me, he believes Becchio is off on loan to somewhere in spain and we''re still very much in for Quagliarella.

What do you lot make of that? I think we need at least three so i''d hate to see Becchio go before another striker was brought in.

Loan, why ?He is 29 so it would only be a sort of loan to buy dealIf so, why not simply sell him ''if'' he is no longer needed ?

[quote user="City1st"]Loan, why ?He is 29 so it would only be a sort of loan to buy dealIf so, why not simply sell him ''if'' he is no longer needed ?

[/quote]Cutting wages?

Jimmy, personally I do not believe a word of it... Becchio hasn''t even had a chance to show what he''s made of and Quag would cost us a fortune...I mean we still need to reinforce our midfield and defence too imo

Becchio seeks assurances over game time, he might well get them, but it''s understandable if he did want games that a loan would be the only way out, as I doubt many teams would be in a position to buy him off us that would want him.

As I said before though, just passing on info given to me. I personally hope he stays at least until we sort out suitable cover in the shape of Hooper and Quag and maybe even one more younger Quag or deep lying striker/ midfielder.

Can''t believe we''ll let another striker go unless we''re planning to bring in another two

We did with Holt... there''s still 6 weeks of the window left, i should think theres a lot more business to be done by everyone and i suspect we''re not done yet.

Jimmy, you''ve been on this board long enough to know that a ''my mate told me'' thread is going to be called as bullsh!t.Leave this type of manure to people who create new ITK accounts for the attention. I thought you were better than this!

I know, and I''ve been on the board long enough to know not to make this sort of stuff up. I was simply passing the message on. If I was going to make something up, it would be better than this. I''m talking about the same mate who is giving me the free programme (''re. £45 thread).

Maybe Hughton wants to see if he''s any good in a match situation (ie good enough to be on our bench), but doesn''t want to give him game time ahead of RvW/Hooper.

So loan him out until January, see how he does, if he scores a few, he comes back, sits on our bench, if he doesn''t score any, he''ll flog him in January and bring in a replacement.

Seems logical to me, provided another striker comes in.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I know, and I''ve been on the board long enough to know not to make this sort of stuff up. I was simply passing the message on. If I was going to make something up, it would be better than this. I''m talking about the same mate who is giving me the free programme (''re. £45 thread).[/quote]To be fair. I did the same with Quagliarella having an interview with Hughton in Milan (via video call)I was immediately shot down and slated as pretending I was "ITK" ..... but it all turned out to be true.It''s understandable though, it''s hard for people to trust random names on this board as the internet is full of 14 year olds pretending they are football agents now.