Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Our new players expectations?

I''ve just been thinking a lot about our new signings and with the expected arrival of Hooper I asked the question what do we expect from our new signings? I mean with hooper and his goals ( he has a great record scoring in England and Scotland ) is he the sort of signing we expect to create a chance and something out of nothing? If you look at his goals on youtube (!) many come from poor defending. In the PL Hooper wont get that. Same with RVW, Redmond and Fer. What do we as fans expect of our new signings now that we seem to have moved beyond signing players in Elliott Bennett, Holt, and PIlkingtons league? I''m pleased we are not chucking money at new players and paying sensible fees.

RVW and Hooper will do nothing without much better service than last years strikers got. However, Redmond looks like he will help that, as does Fer and if we can add Quag then the service and ability to hold the play a bit further away from our goal should be improved enough to create defensive errors and half chances that those two can thrive on. Quag or someone similarly dangerous from distance but with the ability to pass or shoot will bring a lot of problems to opposing defences.I don''t think we''ll see it even if they all sign but a midfield and attack of:                              Fer Snodgrass/Benno          Redmond/Pilks                           Quag                 RVW              Hooper

as a diamond would look very good to me.