Sign in to follow this  
peateabee

no10 and centre back

With hooper having now arrived, the only other areas we have been linked with is someone for that number 10 position and a centre back. Does anyone think we''ve still got enough money to up the quality in both these areas?

As for the number 10 position so far we''ve been looking at strikers who can play deeper - and I agree we ideally need more goals from that position, but today I was wondering if it''s worth widening the net. Swansea signed a midfielder in Michu last year, but he had such an eye for goal they ended playing him upfront! Bale moved inside from the wing last season and got a load more goals as a result. Its all about the qualities a player has rather than the position they''ve traditionally played. If i had Hughton''s ear I might encourage him to look closely at maybe MARIUS ALEXE or MAXIME LESTIENNE. The second of who often plays on the wing but he looks like a player who would enjoy moving inside and has some real ability and an eye for goal. Also he''s belgian, and we haven''t got one of those yet! Actually thinking about it I wonder if having snubbed Cardiff, Tom Ince would come? From what i''ve seen of him i''m sure he''d be more dangerous in that position than on the wing. 8 million is a lot, but would a 30 year old Quagliarella cost much less? Although to be fair with Quagliarella, he would certainly add some top flight nouse to the squad.

Yes I think there is still money in the pot for 2 maybe 3 more new faces.

Really want to see Quag would be a massive step up in class from what we have ATM.

Would love to see another QUALITY CB come in.

Kouyote from Anderlecht would be an awesome addition imho

And is available for 6-7 mil

I would guess more like the 25-25 million mark left in transfers but that including January. I have no inside info or anything, just think our budget for this season would have been around the 30-35 million mark. With around 4.5 on fer, 4.5 hooper, 2 redmond and 2 on olsson, id say we have a fair chunk left. That''s assuming RVW and Garrido were from last seasons''s budget and Nash on a free. Also a huge amount of wages offloaded not to forget!

Toby what''s his name is still a potential. Nothing about Red Scouces going for him yet, even with our approach and his agent stirring things up.

Agreed on the quality centre back. If we could add real class in both areas then the spine of our team would look pretty awesome.

Kouyate does look a bit of a beast. Also I was noticing that there has been no other bids for Alderweireld. I wonder if it gets to the end of the transfer window and the situation is the same if he might have a change of heart on joining us. As i understand it Ajax have signed a player who was pretty much his replacement, so he''s not guaranteed football there.

If we could get someone in of the stature of Quagliarella pretty soonish then maybe Alderweireld might not think we have such a chance of relegation as he did before.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Quality CB - Toby,Quality No.10 - QuagRight Back - Sam Byram

Would give us one hell of a side.[/quote]
A Leeds seethe would round off a brill pre season.