Sign in to follow this  
Izaak Hunt

McNally

Where would be if it wasnt for this man, he pulls the strings for this club. What would we do or who would we go for if McNally feels hes taken us as far as he can or decides he wants another challenge. I just hope when (hopefully many years away) the day comes we dont end up letting all the hard work go to waste and end up with a Doncaster-esc style CEO coming in. OTBC. Also i dont see Lambert doing much- considering we couldnt match his ambitions lol. P.S im not a pant wetter etc etc just wondered who could carry on the legacy and keep to the same if not better standards as MR McNally. Also must apologise for daring to mention '''' the Vile one''''  

or if we lost those who appointed himor as last years bleat ... Lambert

my suggestion would be to get away from the great man mythMcNally is part of a very well run machine, a cog, an important cog but that is allask Holt

if we''re going to the old machine cliche, then I see it like this.

you have those who purchase the machine, pay for repairs, improvements, altifications (the owners)

you have the cogs, wires, computer chips, etc, etc, which make the machine run how it does, sometimes the parts get broken, sometimes ''out dated'' and sometimes just have to be changed. (players, managers, coaching staff.)

Mcnally, however, he is the power supply.

I am sort of with City 1st on this one, sure McNally is clearly excellent at his job, but he certainly couldnt do it without what must be an exceptional team behind him. If he goes one day, then with a good talent search the club would I am sure bring in another excellent leader probably with different skills and strengths that would take the club to another level.  

McNally is the head, and driving force of an important team, and has to be rightly lauded.

We are , rightly, quick to big up the likes of Holt, but of course he could not do it without team around him, all contributing.

So, yes, a massive dose of recognition to Mr McNally, and I would have no hesitation in recommending him for a place in a list of one of the most influential people in our History.

McNally is a cog?! If we''re using analogies then is he not the brain that decides which way these cogs are being turned, and at what speed?

We always struggled without having someone as ruthless, calculated and decisive as McNally - There is no coincidence in him walking through the doors, to see Gunn marching our of them within weeks... Leading on to our amazing rise from League One to where we are today.

He wouldn''t have been sat in that board room, as a championship team, with Stringer as adviser giving Gunn the nod, i can guarantee that!

Tell you now, he''s predominately driven by his own pay cheque, and that''s what keeps him removed from having sympathy unlike the rest of the passionate board that we have. A damn good mercenary! And a damn fine mix of personnel :)