Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Am I The Only One Who ......

Am I the only one who hasn''t started a thread on an average player we might buy from up north?

Cant be many posters who have not felt the urge.

It''s doing my head in, its not like he''s Ronaldo or something.

Hmmm this post could make me the last person on this board who hasn''t.
Davo

Your willpower is fading, you gonna post about a medical being finished yet, or a phantom presser.

Sorry its not interesting Mrs M, just lamenting the 5000 posts about an average player that might sign for us.

You seem very intent on letting us know he''s ''average''... whatever the hell that means. Average among which set of players? All of them? Because that would obviously be wrong. SPL strikers? Again, no.

It must be some set of players of your own choosing, which kind of invalidates your opinion, don''t you think?

Yep, in MY opinion, he''s average.

Ie, not outstanding like some of the players we have bid for over the past few weeks.

I hope that any player who signs for us will do well and fulfill their potential, I have, however, been amazed by the sheer number of different posts as which have been generated by an ''average'' player.

Example, Nash, an average player who barely got a mention.

Football is subjective and often about opinion.

If one was to counter that opinion with negative comments concerning the grammar, diction, semantics etc, it may appear to onlookers that one was either not in possession of a valid opinion oneself, or, was just trying to start an argument.

My opinion is, that Hooper is average, not outstanding, compared to others we have bid for.

All you had to say was "compared to others we have bid for" to define what "average" meant to you. Simple. Unfortunately that just makes what you''re saying even worse, why would you quibble and moan over how much people are discussing one signing over another?

Oh and thanks for clearing up that football is often about opinions, I hadn''t realised that because I''m a four year old.

shall we just see?

The thing is hooper hasn''t been tested regularly at the highest level. He did well in the champions league, but the question is can he do it in the prem week in week out. Only time will tell is the answer. He''s proven that he can score in the championship and the SPL which is ok. I think he''ll be ok, not outstanding. I think he will be £5.5m worth....but who knows

[quote user="mrs miggins"]shall we just see?

The thing is hooper hasn''t been tested regularly at the highest level. He did well in the champions league, but the question is can he do it in the prem week in week out. Only time will tell is the answer. He''s proven that he can score in the championship and the SPL which is ok. I think he''ll be ok, not outstanding. I think he will be £5.5m worth....but who knows[/quote]Exactly this. Leigh Griffiths who is younger & scored more league goals than Hooper will struggle to get in a league one team this season

I would be completely underwhelmed if we have signed Hooper as I don''t think he''ll cut it in the premiership.

[quote user="InchY van Foxtodger"]I would be completely underwhelmed if we have signed Hooper as I don''t think he''ll cut it in the premiership.[/quote]

Good for you sir

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]All you had to say was "compared to others we have bid for" to define what "average" meant to you. Simple. Unfortunately that just makes what you''re saying even worse, why would you quibble and moan over how much people are discussing one signing over another?

Oh and thanks for clearing up that football is often about opinions, I hadn''t realised that because I''m a four year old.[/quote]

I did sir,

Yep, in MY opinion, he''s average. Ie, not outstanding like some of the players we have bid for over the past few weeks.