Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

QPR Journalists view on Hooper move.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/queensparkrangers/id/1096?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&cc=5739Not sure whether to laugh or be angry.Can''t believe ESPN have let someone write something as biased as this!

What a moronic article. The bit about the ''three England strikers at QPR'' made me laugh. It was even funnier when I realised he''d spelt Andy Johnson''s name wrong

That has got to be the severest case of sour grapes ever, and what comes over loud and clear is that the author is devasted that Norwich City are a Premier League club and his team (with three ex England forwards in their ranks) is not. Rather than venting his spleen at us, the author would be better to demand answers from the QPR owner, manager and bunch of football mercanaries that got his beloved team relegated....

That article really doesn''t make any sense and he quietly contradicts himself constantly.

He strangely declares that moving to the Premier League is for some reason a step down for Hooper and bizarrely criticises him for being unproven in the PL, but somehow believes that scoring goals in the Championship is the best way to prove that he can score goals in the PL - whilst all the time stating that Hooper is already proven in the Championship in a god awful Scunthorpe side.

Really, nothing much makes sense.

You have to wonder what the reason for writing something so rubbish was? Or, indeed, what the actual argument is? Oh no, wait - it''s just a tantrum.

Seems a rather cock-eyed look at things: surely Hooper is after the PL challenge, trying to prove he is capable of playing in the top league; if he wanted a ''lower'' level he could have stayed at Celtic (no disrespect intended!) but still have CL football on offer.

It is also somewhat laughable to say he''d be a certain starter but then go on about QPR''s stable of England ''strikers'' (Zamora, SWP, Johnson), as all that does is a) make you laugh and b) realise how badly off for strikers England have been in recent years.

Yup, QPR wasted their Prem experience (which really they should never have been allowed to have if the illegal third-party Faurlin case had been penalised fairly) by spending too much on injury-prone journeymen and it must create a bitter taste in their mouths to see a Norwich run on prudent lines earning success rather than buying  failure as QPR have done.....  [:D]

What annoys me is his blog has the ESPN tag.bet he tells all his mates he writes for ESPN when in fact it''s no different to some of the posts I read on here!

I''ve often wondered why more strikers don''t want to learn of such greats as Bobby Zamora and Andy Johnson

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

"Journalist" is pushing it a bit don''t you think?

Any bellend can have a blog.

[/quote]

"Sean Smith is a reporter for the Financial Times"

So yes, unbelievably, he IS a journalist, and gets paid to write.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]That article really doesn''t make any sense and he quietly contradicts himself constantly.

He strangely declares that moving to the Premier League is for some reason a step down for Hooper and bizarrely criticises him for being unproven in the PL, but somehow believes that scoring goals in the Championship is the best way to prove that he can score goals in the PL - whilst all the time stating that Hooper is already proven in the Championship in a god awful Scunthorpe side.

Really, nothing much makes sense.

You have to wonder what the reason for writing something so rubbish was? Or, indeed, what the actual argument is? Oh no, wait - it''s just a tantrum.[/quote]This is my favorite contradiction;"At QPR he would be pretty much guaranteed a start all season, and he

would be joining a club with the ambition to get straight back into the

Premier League -- which will get him where he wants to be at the age of

26."
So, in essence, he should join QPR, because next year they''ll be up and he''ll be living his dream of playing in the Premier League.Alternative, he could just join the Premier League side, who have bid the same and offered the same.No, you''re right. Joining QPR really does make sense. What a moron Hooper is.

I found this quite funny in a ''Naarge are gorn tu Hell'' way. As others have said there are so many contradictions;He shouldn''t go to Norwich because we already have two strikers so he should go to QPR where they have four (Mackie, Remy, Johnson and Zamora)He wants to prove himself in the Prem so he should move to the ChampionshipHe''s already proved himself in the Championship because he scored loads of goals for Scunny... in League OneNorwich are the money-orientated club and poor QPR are trying to drive hard bargains and go for young, English talent.

All i can picture is a sulky middle aged man sat with his box of tissues and on his 5th can of special brew, being let near  a computer. It was never really in doubt that he would come here if we matched what qpr offered. Great work McNally.

It''s a QPR blog, written by someone who admits he is a QPR fan. Why wouldn''t it be biased? The only reason to visit a QPR blog would be to get an alternative view on the Hooper saga - so why the outrage that he gives an alternative view?!

[quote user="tele"]It''s a QPR blog, written by someone who admits he is a QPR fan. Why wouldn''t it be biased? The only reason to visit a QPR blog would be to get an alternative view on the Hooper saga - so why the outrage that he gives an alternative view?![/quote]

There''s being bias or plain stupidity. I''ll go with the latar.

Please don''t confuse a ''blogger'' with a ''journalist''.

The amount of guff on websites like this ESPN Blogs or Bleacher Report etc is produced by unpaid guys who have no particular insight or unique view point. It just allows website to generate hits, claiming they have an ''expert'' for each team.

I''m not saying all of it is bad, some of the unpaid writers provide the greatest insight, as they have a greater knowledge of their club than any writer who has to cover a selection of teams can ever have, however just being a fan doesn''t make someone''s opinion valid.

Certainly agree with the sentiment in regards to Bleacher Report, Bethnal, however, the ESPN Blogs/Soccernet pay their writers. On the most part, these are professional writers/journalists, such as Paddy Davitt, or well-established bloggers.

What a complete and utter moron this guy is!! Wow, they have 3 ex average England players? We have Dutch internationals in our squad, I think that''s a lot more impressive than having 3 flops in the squad from a failing national set up. I think it''s funny that the man they call ''''Mr QPR'''' (Jamie Mackie) has decided to leave them for Forest...I can see this season going t*ts up for that lot, and they quite frankly deserve it!

How long before Harry heads off to Sanbanks and hands over to MacClaren! could be in another relegation fight before they know what''s hit them!

Ha ha haaaaa! That is one of the best examples of sour grapes I have ever seen. The poor guy sounds like somebody stole the bike he got for Christmas.

I love the bit about the three former England forwards they already have in Andrew Johnson, SWP and Zamora.

Sorry Sean Smith, they may have been capped in the past, but they were hardly main team and all have had their best days looooong ago.

I''d rather have two strikers now about to hit their prime, playing at the top of their game in Hooper and RVW, rather than three mercenary has-beens.

I read that yesterday it is wonderful. I was a bit surprised tbh as normally these bloggers seem to be a bit more straight up about it.

Bias aside, it is a spectacularly bad piece. Too many holes to pick in it. I''ll settle for one:As QPR fans wait to see if the club are going to push on with their desire to see the former Scunthorpe striker at Loftus Road, it is easy to see a rather heavy dose of hypo-criticism coming from the Canaries.I have no idea what he is trying to say. It just looks like a non sequitur. And that is without attempting to understand what "hypo-criticism" is. Hypos are what diabetics get when their blood-sugar levels go haywire. Does he think we are all fainting diabetics? Or does he mean "hyper-criticism" and just can''t spell? Totally baffled.But there is a serious point he touches on, which is the idea that if Hooper chooses us over QPR it will be despite better wages in west London. And according to the Express (not always the most reliable) this is the case. He has opted for playing in the Premier League over a bigger pay packet. Supposedly this is also why Julio Cesar is unsure about moving to Arsenal - he would earn more at Loftus Road in the Championship than he would at the Emirates in the Champions League!The point slowly arrived at is that if the above is true then QPR seem still so way from getting their financial house in order.