Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Who is next

Now Hooper is in the bag who is next to wear the yellow and green. Be good to have them all in prior to final two home friendlies

West Ham should bugger off! We should get Diamanti to put a word in Quags ear and warn him off them. Quagliarella would be a monumental signing for us.

With Barnett gone, I count 8. Ayala is the one that looks like we''d replace though. I guess we ''could do'' with a centre back but it''s not essential. Bass, Turner and Bennett did alright last season.

Was assuming Ayala was a complete non-starter.

So I''d still make it 7.

Barnett''s been told he can find another club, so I can''t see us playing him and Ayala hasn''t even played to Barnett''s level.

Would be an unnecessary risk to only go in with 7 defenders when 8 is the rule of thumb if you are playing 4 at the back.

I reckon IF we get Quagliarella (which will be tough with big wage spending competition coming in now), that might be that the sign that Alderweireld needs to be convinced we''re making real strides towards achieving our ambitions.Which would be a brilliant transfer window. Very speculative though. I suspect we will get in a striker (for the second striker role) and a defender in anyhow, even if it isn''t them two.

Ayala is more likely to be happily 4th choice, Barnett is arguably too good and experienced to sit around our reserves waiting for a go and will be on more money. If we got another CB in, where does that leave Turner and Bennett? Would they be alright with less games?

It was interesting to note that Elliot Bennett was used as a full back (wing back) for the last game. Whether expediency or not, I personally feel that he would eventually make a super defender in that position and with R. Martin making greater than ever waves as a central defender the conversion of EB would increase options at the back. 

Hey, i''m okay with Ayala/Barnett being a backup 4th choice, I was just working on the assumption that both wouldn''t be played full-stop.

I''m also okay with having decent backups, still want a decent third striker and then someone there will have to suffice with less game-time.

Its the name of the game in the Prem, you''re just unlikely to play every game.

I''ll settle for whoever is signed. My only concern is that this summer''s transfer budget can''t have much in it, even if the RvW and even Hooper money came from last years.

Surely we can''t afford an expensive striker, a good midfielder and a good CB? I think that we have central midfielders in plenty - Wes, Surman, Fox, Fer, Howson, Johnson, Tettey - nearly four for two central midfielder''s positions. Looks like Fer and one other.

Given their proneness to injury, do we need a backup for Bassong and Turrner . Will Ayala be staying, or is it merely Bennett and Martin? We are not as strong with Bassong or Turner missing, but perhaps we can muddle through to next year''s money for a new CB?

The obvious position which we must is surely fill is striker, although Wes, Surman and Bennett E could play behind a single striker, if we were reduced to Becchio as the only available striker, we could be in trouble.

I am suggesting that at minimum we need one more striker.

Not sure how much is in the West Ham interest. Sky are reporting that they are after 1 more player and Alladyce has said they are after Kalou.