Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Done deal

No problem with another thread, we have signed him now so why not its a different topic...........

It had to be the longest on-off saga ever and I for one am well pleased he has finally signed for us.

I have mentioned a few times that I really believe he will be a big success with us, good age, worked his way up, English, excellent strike rate, from what I have seen puts in a lively shift. so an ideal replacement for Grant Holt...........we really are moving into another era, really exciting times OTBC   

According to Hooper, when he was younger he knew CH and possibly Calderwood at White Hart Lane. I wonder how far this acquaintance counted in Hooper''s determination to sign for NC. He knew what CH was like perhaps 10 or so years ago, and the renewal may bring out the best in the striker.

Well done, too, to Fraser Forster, who sold CR to Hooper - great club, great fans, nice place to live!!

I am pleased to see this bit of business done given that we had a very limited number of striker options.
But now that the deal is done I will now say that I have been intrigued as to why so few clubs were chasing him - believe it was just Hull, QPR and us (I know West Ham were mentioned but do not think that was ever a serious interest). Given how difficult it is for clubs to sign good strikers and there are other clubs that must be looking to strengthen in that department (WBA, Sunderland, Palace for starters) I am baffled, as well as being pleasantly surprised, as to why there was not more competition to get him. Why?
Could it be that he is still seen as a bit of a gamble, maybe that is why we have gone for a three year plus one deal as a slight hedge. Or have we paid over the perceived market value for him?
Lennon seemed well peed off that he had gone though and I am taking that as a recommendation that we have done a good bit of business here.
OTBC

Think he''ll be a great signing for us. glad he decided to come to us and not QPR just cause they''ve got the money think they can get whoever they want well they didn''t get hooper did they probably would have got more money at QPR but chose to come to NCFC for footballing reasons makes a change good on him