Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

So Who Is Going To Wear The Number 88 Shirt This Season?

Nobody I hope.

I bloody hate that nonsense. Squad numbers in general suck but I see some logic to it.

No one should have a number over the number of players in the squad.

Still think you should have to earn 1-11 each week like the good old days.

Guarantee that if we sign Quagliarella, he''ll be promised the number 10 shirt, so if that one comes off I should imagine Hooper will keep 88. If not then yeah, Hoops will most probably take it. Numbers won''t be decided for a little while yet so plenty of time to see what''s gonna happen with Quagliarella before they assign anything.

I read somewhere he liked to wear 88 at Celtic because it was the year he was born and the year the club was formed (albeit 100 years earlier, but that might just be a coincidence).

I personally think he wears 88 because he''s partial to ménage a trois with ladies of the larger form. In which case someone had better point him in the direction of Chicago''s on Price of Wales Rd.    

[quote user="Stone"]

I read somewhere he liked to wear 88 at Celtic because it was the year he was born and the year the club was formed

[/quote]

Correct.

He wanted 10 at Celtic as well but it was already taken.  He then asked for 88 as it was the year of his birth - he hadn''t realised the significance to club at the time.