Sign in to follow this  
OT-F-BC

Being compared to QPR..

Just had a very interesting debate with the guys at work, those of you who have seen my previous thread, I work out of FCR.

Seen a lot of posts on Twitter with people (I say people, I mean moronic lemons) saying that they can see us ''doing a QPR, buying lots of players and hoping to create a team from them and going straight down, ala QPR.''''

Well, this is just silly.

When under Paul Lambert, the club took up the tactic of buying young hungry players. Determined to prove them self at either L1 or Champ level... in turn this has got us to the premier league.

It''s great to see that we''re still adopting the SAME transfer stratergy... but as the club is now at it''s highest ever point, rather than spending £700,000 on a Promising League 1 winger, we''re now spending £5m on a young promising English forward, or £4.5m for a young dutch dynamo.

Fantastic stuff!

That being said, we at the office, all agree on 1 thing... with all these young guns, these top european players coming in - desperate to prove themselves in the Prem, we need a talisman, veteran of the game, Captain (or dressing room leader should he not be a regular).

Grant Holt left a HUGE gap in this regard - although I am confident the likes of Rus Martin, Ruddy and Bassong can provide this leadership... I would love our own Giggs esque player.

What do you guys think?

Sorry for the grammar, posted from my phone!

From my end, have only seen bitter fans upset we signed a player they wanted.

Or, fans saying how good our signings are and how good we''ll be this season.

[quote user="OT-F-BC"]Just had a very interesting debate with the guys at work, those of you who have seen my previous thread, I work out of FCR.

Seen a lot of posts on Twitter with people (I say people, I mean moronic lemons) saying that they can see us ''doing a QPR, buying lots of players and hoping to create a team from them and going straight down, ala QPR.''[/quote]

The two points of difference with QPR are these:Firstly, QPR (certainly once they sacked Warnock) didn''t try to develop organically, building slowly on stable foundations. Instead under Hughes they made wholesale changes. Then Redknapp, who said that was the last thing he was going to do, quite predictably went ahead with more massive changes.The second difference is exemplified by the likelihood that Hooper joined us despite being offered more wages at QPR. It is the wage bill that kills you.Both points are evidence that at QPR there has not been sufficient oversight by the non-executive directors of what the executive managemnt is allowed to do. That is plainly not the case at Nortwich City, where the non-execs have decades of experience.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="OT-F-BC"]Just had a very interesting debate with the guys at work, those of you who have seen my previous thread, I work out of FCR.

Seen a lot of posts on Twitter with people (I say people, I mean moronic lemons) saying that they can see us ''doing a QPR, buying lots of players and hoping to create a team from them and going straight down, ala QPR.''[/quote]

The two points of difference with QPR are these:Firstly, QPR (certainly once they sacked Warnock) didn''t try to develop organically, building slowly on stable foundations. Instead under Hughes they made wholesale changes. Then Redknapp, who said that was the last thing he was going to do, quite predictably went ahead with more massive changes.The second difference is exemplified by the likelihood that Hooper joined us despite being offered more wages at QPR. It is the wage bill that kills you.Both points are evidence that at QPR there has not been sufficient oversight by the non-executive directors of what the executive managemnt is allowed to do. That is plainly not the case at Nortwich City, where the non-execs have decades of experience.

[/quote]

Oops. Just invented a new club - Nortwich City.[:$]

Quags your man!

The defence and keepers whilst still young have an impressive variety of experience amongst them, the midfield are still mostly the ''young and hungry'' mould and the forwards are a nice balance. Quagliarella would be the one guy we need.

Gotta agree Jimmy!

Quagliarella gives us that experience, and the cool head that maybe required in the big 6 pointers through out the season.

Vs. your Uniteds, Chelsea, Arsenal etc - young and the desire to win is great, but when the crunch comes a little be of experience and a cool head will go miles.

A few years ago it was Taylor and now It''s Hooper-man who didn''t want to go to QPR and did want to come to Norwich.

Hooper-man is an registration-pending trademark and may not be used without express written consent of Ricky Bobby and/or Ricky Bobby susidiary industries.