Sign in to follow this  
Aveit

Anymore for Anymore

I believe that we have done some very good business so far this summer, but there is still areas that should be strengthened, then it would go from very good to brilliant.

Best close season for a very long time.

1. Even with Hooper another striker. (Permanent)

2. Quality Centre Back (Permanent)

3. Left Midfield with pace (Possible Loan)

What''s your thoughts?

To play at left back and right midfield, or do you think they will play at centre back and goal keeper.

Olsson is a left back, Redmond is a right sided player.

[quote user="Aveit"]To play at left back and right midfield, or do you think they will play at centre back and goal keeper. Olsson is a left back, Redmond is a right sided player.[/quote]

He played most of last season on the left hand side for Birmingham - and Hughton has said he can play in any position across the 3 attacking midfielders.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Aveit"]To play at left back and right midfield, or do you think they will play at centre back and goal keeper. Olsson is a left back, Redmond is a right sided player.[/quote]

He played most of last season on the left hand side for Birmingham - and Hughton has said he can play in any position across the 3 attacking midfielders.

[/quote]

Oh and Olsson has played left wing for Sweden.

Redmond''s left foot is for standing on only.

The attacking midfielder Olsson who plays left back has scored something like 5 goals for Blackburn in six years, and his assist record is not very good either.

Right Midfield and Left Back yeah good.

So I assume you don''t agree with any of my first comments that we still need more to add to the squad? we all have our opinions.

[quote user="Aveit"]To play at left back and right midfield, or do you think they will play at centre back and goal keeper.

Olsson is a left back, Redmond is a right sided player.[/quote]
You obviously didn''t watch the Portland game then, where Redmond was a revelation on the left? 
Ask Blackburn fans and they will tell you that Olsson is a better left winger than he is left back. I''m not sure if that is a good thing for us, as it suggests that he is a less than perfect defender, but it does pee all over your bonfire. 

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I reckon two more, attacking midfielder/forward and a centre back[/quote]
Agreed. We only need these two.
We would then have strengthened in every area of the pitch. 

Well New Boy, no I didn''t see the Portland game, and take your comments on board, based on what you said about Olsson, and me thinking he was Left Back cover, maybe my left sided midfielder needs to be LB then!!!

[quote user="Aveit"]Well New Boy, no I didn''t see the Portland game, and take your comments on board, based on what you said about Olsson, and me thinking he was Left Back cover, maybe my left sided midfielder needs to be LB then!!![/quote]
It should probably be noted that Blackburn fans were making those comments after Olsson had left. They may well be tainted with a little bitterness. 
Hell hath no fury like a football fan scorned. 

For me one more would be fine ideally someone like Toivonen who could play Number 10 or an out and out striker should the need arise.

I''d be happy with Ayala as 4/5th choice CB but seems a lot of talk about a CB if we are not looking.

Anybody know of any other players similar to Toivonen we could target ?

Our main problem last season was our soft central midfield - an inability to win the ball back compounded by a desire to give it back to the opposition too quickly and frequently.    Fer is a great start but ideally I would like another like him.

So CM,  a 4th striker and maybe a centre back with a little more pace.   

Creativity wise I think Pilks, Snoddy, Wes, Redmond, Bennett , Surman and Howson are more than up to the job if allowed to play a little higher up the pitch and actually given the ball there rather than having to collect it so deep from having to help defend. 

[quote user="Aveit". Redmond''s left foot is for standing on only.

quote]

And Snodders has a dynamite right foot doesn''t he, but plays on the erm ..... Right???

[quote user="Aveit"]Redmond''s left foot is for standing on only. The attacking midfielder Olsson who plays left back has scored something like 5 goals for Blackburn in six years, and his assist record is not very good either. Right Midfield and Left Back yeah good. So I assume you don''t agree with any of my first comments that we still need more to add to the squad? we all have our opinions.[/quote]

Snodgrass''s right foot is mainly decrative but he is a right winger and Huckerby didn''t do too much with his left foot but was always most effective on the left wing.

The amazing thing about some footballers is they can play more than one position - Norwich have no need for another winger as there are currently 4 at the club (not including the Murphys).

What Norwich need most now is someone to link it all up, the strikers are there, the midfielders are there, but someone between them is missing. It could end up being the most important transfer of the whole summer and it is the one we have heard a few bits about in either Quagliarella or Toivonen. Hopefully whoever it is, will be around (or damn close) this time next week.

Another CAM and CB and I''d be happy, but I''d be even happier, as Zipper suggests, with bringing in another solid CM.

Tettey and BJ both have their faults, will be interesting to see how we line up in our friendlies back here in the UK

Would echo the thoughts of some, with another CAM and CB to come in.

I wouldn''t be adversed to seeing a loan come in up front

Agreed Bethnal!

Just 1 more addition for me in the attacking midfield role would be great although l still feel people are being too quick to rule out Hoolahan. He shines in the presence of better players as they are more likely to be on the same wavelength! It will also mean less focus him being the ''only'' playmaker?

The squad is now looking very strong and with talented young players now emerging (Murphys) these are exciting times!

Snake

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

I''d be happy with Ayala as 4/5th choice CB but seems a lot of talk about a CB if we are not looking.

[/quote]
It is pretty obvious that we are looking at centre backs, isn''t it? We were turned down by that Ajax defender and have been pretty extensively linked to Cheikhou Kouyate.
I would not be happy with Ayala as 4th choice, I would rather we keep Leon Barnett. He was pants at Nottm Forest and spent most of the time on the bench (when he was fit).
He needs to go back to Spain, where there is a little less emphasis on physicality and the ball spends much more time on the floor rather than in the air.

Anyone saying Redmond''s left foot is only for standing obviously hasn''t seen him play enough, his goal vs Palace would show he is more than capable of using it

A creative attacking midfielder and another centre half and we would have enough. Obviously if there is the chance of getting a player of the fer/rvw ilk we should sign them and create space for them

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Our main problem last season was our soft central midfield - an inability to win the ball back compounded by a desire to give it back to the opposition too quickly and frequently.    Fer is a great start but ideally I would like another like him.

So CM,  a 4th striker and maybe a centre back with a little more pace.   

Creativity wise I think Pilks, Snoddy, Wes, Redmond, Bennett , Surman and Howson are more than up to the job if allowed to play a little higher up the pitch and actually given the ball there rather than having to collect it so deep from having to help defend. 

[/quote]I think this is a really good point.I would like to see another striker (we need four if not five in the squad), a centre mid (bit of an all rounder)and  a centre half of the caliber of Bassong (without him we look lost).All in though I have to say I am impressed, some really good players coming in and the squad is starting to look comfortably like a mid-table Prem team that might cause a few surprises.

I still think we could do with another right back.

Only Russ and Whittaker (who has been a bit injury prone).

Russell Martin may be seen as more of a centre back now.

The Naughton rumours seem to have died off lately.

Ayala played most games when he was fit, at the beginning of the season, under O''driscoll. He got injured and Ward went there as cover. Don''t think Ayala was fit again until the very end of the season. He may have played under McGleish, not sure. I agree another centreback is priority and that illusive number 10!

I think its pretty obvious and clear we''re after another CB and another AM. We''ve made 7 signings so far, wasn''t McNally quoted at some point as saying we''re after 9 new season this close season. I remember reading that somewhere but can''t remember where and if it was reliable. If that is the case then the CB/AM would now make sense.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]We are trying for at least 2 more.[/quote]Cheers CUSDP.

[quote user="henrik"]I think its pretty obvious and clear we''re after another CB and another AM. We''ve made 7 signings so far, wasn''t McNally quoted at some point as saying we''re after 9 new season this close season. I remember reading that somewhere but can''t remember where and if it was reliable. If that is the case then the CB/AM would now make sense.[/quote]

Was that 9 before sales?