Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Will the new GH be as good as the old GH

It''s a new era, no one will compare to the big man but at the same time hopefully hooper and the Wolf carve their own names into our history with long successful spells at the club!

[quote user="lake district canary"]The old GH is gone, long live the new GH !

[/quote]

This.[Y]

Ldc I agree with you on this one. Don''t care about holty career now I only care about Ncfc. What I will say is that I do think we could bring in another forward who is ahead of hooper. Or if fabio comes in then he is then that star player along with rvw. Hooper is going to be hungry and his eagerness is going to be on show from day 1.

But I do think in an ideal world he would be a number three as we could have two very talented forwards who are ahead of hooper.

Just think he is part of the team maybe not yet that number two striker, but if we bring no other competition in then he will be a number two.

We should not compare.No two players are the same. No one will replace grant but he''s gone lets just get on with it and hopefully when and if Gary leaves us we will talk about him as a legend and a hero too

Surely a step up from GH, not going to be the same charismatic player, but the quality is there for him to be a huge legend at the club

Remembering that Hooper hardly took any penalties for Celtic and so his goals nearly all came from open play, here''s how his League scoring record for the last 3 seasons compares:

Larsson: 29 (from 33) + 28 (from 35) + 30 (from 37)

Dalglish: 23 (from 32) + 18 (from 33) + 16 (from 33)

McClair: 19 (from 32) + 22 (from 34) + 35 (from 44)

Hooper: 20 (from 26) + 24 (from 37) + 19 (from 32)

you have to remember holt was helped by the way lambert teams play. very attactive and creating plenty of chances. thats why benteke was such a hit straight away.

It''s a shame that the new GH won''t be able to score 3 goals against the sum and then score another one, even if that was possible the song belongs to Grant Holt, plus Gary Hooper doesn''t sound right.

Just have a feeling that out of him and the wolf, Hooper is going to be the bigger success. Have nothing to back this up other than a feeling. I think he will score a bag full and be pushing for a world cup squad place.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]As long as it isn''t Glen Hoddle (too old) or Greg Ham (Men at Work keyboardist/sax player) (wrong career for team player) I think we''ll be ok.[/quote]

Geoff Hurst?

[quote user="Graham Paddon''s Beard"]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]As long as it isn''t Glen Hoddle (too old) or Greg Ham (Men at Work keyboardist/sax player) (wrong career for team player) I think we''ll be ok.[/quote]

Geoff Hurst?

Or George Harrison maybe?

[quote user="smooth"]Ldc I agree with you on this one. Don''t care about holty career now I only care about Ncfc. What I will say is that I do think we could bring in another forward who is ahead of hooper. Or if fabio comes in then he is then that star player along with rvw. Hooper is going to be hungry and his eagerness is going to be on show from day 1. But I do think in an ideal world he would be a number three as we could have two very talented forwards who are ahead of hooper. Just think he is part of the team maybe not yet that number two striker, but if we bring no other competition in then he will be a number two.[/quote]

i know we have come a long way in a short time but do you think the likes of gary hooper would sign for us in his prime if he thought he was going to be  3rd  choice ?  all of our strikers have done diddly squat in the premier so far and we have no idea how its going to pan out... but i am sure hooper has had assurances that he will get a fair crack of the whip before he put pen to paper...

I''m Spartacus, I agree we have come on so quickly but we have come on.

Yes hooper will have assurances and will play a lot of games, but I do feel that we can get another striker worthy on pushing for that second spot, pardew made it clear that four strikers was not enough last season and that he wants 5. So far we do not have 4.

If fabio joins then there will be times of him playing behind the single striker rvw, but I also feel we need another striker. Hooper will get his chances and play time, no question. But I think we need another. I do know that hooper played as one of three forward players for Celtic at times. So I would not be surprised if we did bring someone else in and if we did get another quality striker and. Fabio, we would not need to look at our strike force for new additions in the next two-4 windows, unless someone moves on.

Smooth  if we did get fabio it would certainly test hughtons man management skills to the limit keeping that lot happy, i don''t see becchio being happy with the aaron wilbraham club man role either

As good, but different, clearly!

The new one will not throw his weight about and terrorise defences in that way, but he is more mobile and they will be terrified of the consequences of letting him get past. He is not such a big man, but is surprisingly good with his head. Above all the new one will be a better converter of chances, especially in one-on-one situations.

What we have lost with Holt''s going is a inspirational captain and general good influence off the pitch. Whether the new one will rise to this, or whether some other player will, remains to be seen. Clearly CH has an important role in selecting the captain, with so many new players in. It may not inevitably be Russell Martin.

I certainly have a strong feeling that the "new GH" will be a big success.

BUT, the "old GH" achieved probably more than ANY OTHER player that has pulled on the yellow and green shirt, so unfair to make a comparsions.

To compare in this instance is difficult because they are at the club in different times.