Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

This is going to be an exciting season...

Not just from a Norwich point of view, but from the point of view of the entire league.
Teams are making some really exciting signings, particularly when it comes to strikers. We are right up there with the best of the lot of course, but have to acknowledge that Bony is an amazing signing, and I''m looking forward to seeing Helenius at Villa who I think will be a beast.
There are several teams that I can see getting dragged into a relegation fight, and Cardiff in particular will be desperate not to leave Swansea as the only Welsh team in the EPL. The teams that I can see struggling are Stoke and Fulham. 
We have Ian Holloway back who is probably going to shake the league up with some sort of 2-2-6 formation and some cracking post match interviews. 
Newcastle could go from relegation threatened flops to European contenders for the fifth time in a couple of decades if they manage to pull off that French double signing up front. Then again, they could just as likely sack Pardew half way through the season with them in the top half of the table. Strange club. 
We''ve got Mourinho back, we all get to find out whether Martinez really is a good manager or a big pretender. Rooney is going to be moving to pastures new, hopefully either one of Arsenal and Chelsea. 
The top has been thrown wide open. There is just as much chance of Everton finishing bottom half as there is them breaking the top four with so many clubs up there in a period of transition.
Remains to be seen whether Spurs go into next season with Gareth Bale or not. If they don''t then they may struggle, if only for one year whilst they adapt to having to work out how the hell to score goals without Bale.
Arsene Wenger is pretending to try and sign players again, but if were to actually pull off the signing of Higuan and Rooney then they could actually be in with their best shot at the title in years. Wenger would be stupid not to give it a proper go this year.
Michu: One season wonder? Who knows, but Holt, Graham, Jelavic, there are numerous examples of strikers who flourish for one year and then struggle. Which brings me onto Southampton. Did they punch above their weight? If Lambert struggles then so will Southampton. 
Most importantly though, I''m most excited about our prospects for the season. I can see absolutely no reason why we should be able to finish comfortably in the top half, say 8th or 9th, and even if we don''t..... I can just see our games being a tad bit more exciting next year. Football is just entertainment afterall, so let''s be happy that we look likely to be entertained again.
Bring it on! 

Love the post! Buzzing too! It''s weird and defies logic, but despite us being miles better on paper this season, several teams could claim that which makes me wonder if we''ll improve on 11th. Personally, if we get 11th again, I think we''ve done well. I think the difference this year is the fact that if we do get up shit creek and have a bad run, we will have several ''paddles'' to shake things up. Last year I was genuinely worried until John Ruddy came back and we magically improved.

Also, look at the exciting signings in the prem last summer and you see that some make it and some don''t. For every michu there is an Adam Johnson (who may still come good but for £13m he has been poor so far).

Mich didn''t really surprise me actually, I thought he''d be class from the moment they got him, maybe not that good, but good. Benteke surprised me the most, bought on deadline day as a relative unknown and turned out class! Better than the 19 goals suggest too, the first half of the season, he played phenomenal and didn''t get the goals to justify it.

FFS, can you not just make your point in two paragraphs?

Or are you one of these obsessed with the ''e-praise'' you get from other posters?

[quote user="refjezdavies"]FFS, can you not just make your point in two paragraphs?

Or are you one of these obsessed with the ''e-praise'' you get from other posters?[/quote]
Just for you.....
Not just from a Norwich point of view, but from the point of view of the entire league. Teams are making some really exciting signings, particularly when it comes to strikers. We are right up there with the best of the lot of course, but have to acknowledge that Bony is an amazing signing, and I''m looking forward to seeing Helenius at Villa who I think will be a beast. There are several teams that I can see getting dragged into a relegation fight, and Cardiff in particular will be desperate not to leave Swansea as the only Welsh team in the EPL. The teams that I can see struggling are Stoke and Fulham.  We have Ian Holloway back who is probably going to shake the league up with some sort of 2-2-6 formation and some cracking post match interviews. Newcastle could go from relegation threatened flops to European contenders for the fifth time in a couple of decades if they manage to pull off that French double signing up front. Then again, they could just as likely sack Pardew half way through the season with them in the top half of the table. Strange club. We''ve got Mourinho back, we all get to find out whether Martinez really is a good manager or a big pretender. Rooney is going to be moving to pastures new, hopefully either one of Arsenal and Chelsea. The top has been thrown wide open. There is just as much chance of Everton finishing bottom half as there is them breaking the top four with so many clubs up there in a period of transition. 
Remains to be seen whether Spurs go into next season with Gareth Bale or not. If they don''t then they may struggle, if only for one year whilst they adapt to having to work out how the hell to score goals without Bale. Arsene Wenger is pretending to try and sign players again, but if were to actually pull off the signing of Higuan and Rooney then they could actually be in with their best shot at the title in years. Wenger would be stupid not to give it a proper go this year. Michu: One season wonder? Who knows, but Holt, Graham, Jelavic, there are numerous examples of strikers who flourish for one year and then struggle. Which brings me onto Southampton. Did they punch above their weight? If Lambert struggles then so will Southampton. Most importantly though, I''m most excited about our prospects for the season. I can see absolutely no reason why we should be able to finish comfortably in the top half, say 8th or 9th, and even if we don''t..... I can just see our games being a tad bit more exciting next year. Football is just entertainment afterall, so let''s be happy that we look likely to be entertained again. Bring it on! 

Good break down of the baby premiership teams in my eyes, more suited as an article/blog than a post on here though.

Quality post and just about sums up how I am feeling, plus many clubs certainly have not finished making signings yet.

I just differ in respect of expectation for City, sure I too would be delighted with a top half finish, it is possible......BUT, that middle ground in The Premier League can be crazy, you can be one or two wins away from the top 10 or a relegation battle. So, my feeling is that these signings have given us a great chance to match or just slightly improve on last seasons league position, thats how tough it will be.

Am more excited about this season than any of the last four, and so many before that!

Like you say we have vastly improved the squad, and that may just be to ''stand still'', but I am confident of at least finishing 10th.

Mourinho? Not sure at all, he should have gone back, as he may well want to  try and increase his media profile with something different, and that may distract things on the pitch.

Liverpool (apart from ourselves?) may well be the most improved team.

Newcastle are a car crash waiting to happen. So much going for them, but............. perhaps they need a Hughton/McNally partnership to make them great (?!!)

Fulham may turn out to be the new Wigan.

Sunderland, see Newcastle.

Anyway, it''s all about us, so let the fun begin!

I am a little more sceptical than most.

I think weve made seven great signings so far and suspect we havent finished yet.

But its down to hoots to make them work and set the team up to win. If he goes with two up top, and i think he will now we have hooper, then i think we will be fine and set for some exciting games and wins.

If we setup like we did for most of last season and like we did in those last two freindlies then i am a little worried still.

I know its early days in pre season, but we just looked the same in those two games as we did in most of last seasons games.

I trust hoots to get it right, but suspect it might take him 6-8 games for this to happen.

Hooper and rvw, neither have come to warm the bench and suspect both wanted some assurance of game time which makes me think we may go two up top at home and one up there away from home.

With the way the squad is shaping up I can see CH having acouple of sytems based on what opposition we are playing or even home and away, so I''m expecting a mix of one or two "up top", BUT primarily a more effective one when compared to last season when he really didnt have the options.

I am excited crabby, honestly.

But am also a realist and just tying not to get carried away.

I honestly beleive if we go two up top and setup like we did the last few games we will proper batter many team next season.

If we dont i think results will be indifferent.

Either way, cant wait!

A blog entry that I consider better written than the vast majority of the crap that the EDP, SSN and the BBC post... funny.

Anyway, couldn''t agree more.

Outside of NCFC - I can not wait to see Arsenal make their move... I have this weird feeling that this year, it''s just going to explode for them. I think the boys at the top most realize that another trophy-less year for them, and the fans voices will be undeniable - the prospect of seeing Suarez and Rooney in an Arsenal shirt is just... mind blowing!

Chelsea - I personally think that their current squad could be one of the best in Europe. With David Luiz played further forward along side Ramires... behind the likes of Schurlle, Hazard, Oscar, Mata, ROONEY? Incredible... oh - and I think they have a new manager or something?

Personally, I think this year will be about coasting. if we can coast to a 10th place finish, then NEXT year is the year we could possibly go for 6,7,8 - why not?

... and if Dale''s lucky balls fall kindly for us. There''s absolutely no reason that we could all be on the train to London in several months.

God, this thread has got me absolutely buzzing!

.......... time for some Fifa/Football Manager!