Sign in to follow this  
Gaz06

Savage Backtracking

Now thinks we will be ok after claiming a month or so ago saying we''ll go down.

Robbie Savage ‏@RobbieSavage8 8m

So if hooper goes to Norwich Ill have to have a rethink on who goes down , with signings and lack of my 3 now are palace, hull, Sunderland

"Also Fulham unless some good signings will be there or there abouts , Norwich I now think will be ok but amongst the relegation candidates"

"Can''t make my final decision until 31st aug when all teams have made there signings, the next month will decide where title goes"

For a man who works in football it''s quite embarrassing from his part that he doesn''t even know Hooper has completed his move to us, and the transfer window doesn''t shut on the 31st August ...

The mans a terrible pundit, surprised he still has a job regardless of what he said about us. He''s entitled to his opinion but what really riled me is when he took the piss out of Jake Humphrey on twitter for predicting we''d finish 10, saying he should stick to presenting. I can''t believe people. Like this guy and actually listens to what he says

To be fair no one should be asked for their predictions in May/early June before anyone has had a chance to venture into the transfer market: it is pretty obvious they will generally resort ''to type'' and predict the "big" sides being ok, the promoted or ''unfashionable'' ones struggling.

Actually, most of them will still revert to type after all the transfers are made, but it is surely fair enough if they want to revisit their predictions based on what''s been going on.

He''s an idiot.

He just tweeted to say the reason he didn''t know about Hooper signing is because he is on holiday and has no Internet.

For someone with no Internet, he''s managing to get a lot of access to a Twitter...

Don''t be too harsh on poor old Robbie, if he hadn''t have taken so long to leave the pitch 2 years back we might not be where we are now.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Don''t be too harsh on poor old Robbie, if he hadn''t have taken so long to leave the pitch 2 years back we might not be where we are now.

[/quote]I had him 4th in POTS for that! [:D]

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Didn''t Savage play in that famous Derby game where Simeon got That Goal.[/quote]That''s the one people are mentioning RC. Took an age to come off the pitch, and Simeon got ''that goal'' in the resulting extra time! [:D]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Didn''t Savage play in that famous Derby game where Simeon got That Goal.[/quote]That''s the one people are mentioning RC. Took an age to come off the pitch, and Simeon got ''that goal'' in the resulting extra time! [:D][/quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSx7dPHnofMhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9EMpaengQYhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okOubaqpHLsBrings it all back.... [:D]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]I had him 4th in POTS for that! [:D][/quote]
And he returned after the final whistle and shook every one of our players hands. 
I had the usual averse reaction to him before that game but changed my mind after that. I now find him quite an engaging personality when he is on TV. Not vouching for his intellect though.

I really like Savage, think he''s very good on 606 and not afraid to disagree with people or criticise the bigger clubs.

Perfectly entitled to his opinion and it''s worth remembering how bad we were at times last season - he made his prediction before all of the new signings.

His track record for predictions is also pretty good.

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]He''s an idiot.

He just tweeted to say the reason he didn''t know about Hooper signing is because he is on holiday and has no Internet.

For someone with no Internet, he''s managing to get a lot of access to a Twitter...[/quote]Classic !! Love Brownstones point as well about the time he took walking off, i remember watching the bastard, grrrr