Sign in to follow this  
Mellow Yellow

Met Celtic Fan

I just met a Celtic fan in Manchester this morning, ironically wearing a Hooper shirt, so I could not help but talk to him. In summary he said "Norwich have a great buy and Hooper has/had almost hero status with Celtic fans. He is not blessed with blistering pace over long distances but is quick enough over 20m which is really what counts. He has good upper body strength so can hold the ball up well; seldom needs two touches and buries most chances...a natural finisher". Thinks we have a bargain!He also mentioned Celtic fans love going to Norwich, great place and great fans. They took 7,000 to a recent pre-season friendly in Brentford, which is amazing. He wants a British cup that takes the place of the league cup so we get the chance to play Scottish clubs.

Seem a really decent bunch judging by the comments on their forums, there is the odd comment running us down but the majority can understand why he left. They really rate him and having seen his stats for them ie top goalscorer 3 years on the trot and also in the top 3 for goals created for 3 years, he looks a superb buy at that price. Watching his youtube clips it''s his 1st touch that really stands out. Am exited by this signing.

Haha- British cup would be so pointlessly demoralising for the non english clubs- maybe in place of the Johnstones Paint Troph just let them join that perhaps?

Celtic would do alright in a pan Britain cup but not win it and most Scotish and Welsh teams would be knocked out within two rounds anyway- leaving the league cup but with more fixtures.

The only thing going for the idea is that maybe we could kick the Welsh teams out of the English league system. I will never agree that they should be in it.

[quote user="Mellow Yellow"]I just met a Celtic fan in Manchester this morning, ironically wearing a Hooper shirt, so I could not help but talk to him. In summary he said "Norwich have a great buy and Hooper has/had almost hero status with Celtic fans. He is not blessed with blistering pace over long distances but is quick enough over 20m which is really what counts. He has good upper body strength so can hold the ball up well; seldom needs two touches and buries most chances...a natural finisher". Thinks we have a bargain!He also mentioned Celtic fans love going to Norwich, great place and great fans. They took 7,000 to a recent pre-season friendly in Brentford, which is amazing. He wants a British cup that takes the place of the league cup so we get the chance to play Scottish clubs.

[/quote]

I was wondering if it was the hoops making him look bigger, but he does seem powerfully-built around the chest, which would fit in with the above. Perhaps he is a bit more of an all-round player than I for one had imagined.