Sign in to follow this  
Flying Dutchman

'The four year plan'

Has anybody else seen this documentary?

It focuses on QPR from the start of the 2008/09 season and the involvement of Flavio Briatore (the then owner) in such things as hiring, firing, team selection etc.

It''s absolutely unreal. It starts with Dowie in ''apparent'' charge, with them having aspirations toward the Champions League. I cannot believe some of the things I have just seen in this. It really is everything that is wrong with rich owners wanting to control everything.

No wonder their club is in the situation it is currently in.

My sincerest apologies, this was genuinely meant to be in the ''other football'' section. When I came to post it I was catching up on the main discussion forum...!

Seen it, great documentary about a complete joke of a club.
Things don''t seem too much better now, flogging Jamie Mackie for £1m and signing yet another crocked old journeyman (Richard Dunne). Going into next season with Bobby Zamora and Andy Johnson as your strikers (both crocked).
Harry Redknapp as full time football agent. Oh I mean ''manager''. 
The funniest thing about QPR is that after five or six years of billionaire owners they haven''t had any infrastructure improvements, and every penny of the money put in is recorded as a loan from the directors. So they are technically hundreds of millions of pounds in debt to the Mittals and Fernandes. 
They are a Portsmouth waiting to happen.