Sign in to follow this  
Dave

7 summer signings - how many more?

How many more additions do you think we will see before the end of augustAlso the 7 signings in my opinion is actually 5. 1 was already here and another is a 3rd choice keeper/coach/pensioner!

FourNash - as you sayGarrido - already hereRVW - signed earlier in the year

Centre back definitelyStriker, out and out as with Hooper ... or maybe an attacking midfielder/ striker as with the swede ?

I''d safely say 1 more, 2 at a push if someone like Fox/Butterfield/Surman were to go - can see one of those 3 going at some point.

I think at least one more permanent, plus a loan. Who will be leaving us though is the question. Has Barny gone yet?

General feeling seems to be 1 attacking central midfielder and 1 high quality centre back. This would give us a really strong squad. I''d rather see a centre back than any other position as we lack a real quality partner for Bassong.

CodeNameCanary wrote - "General feeling seems to be 1 attacking central midfielder and 1 high quality centre back. This would give us a really strong squad. I''d rather see a centre back than any other position as we lack a real quality partner for Bassong."

Basically this. An ACM/SS to link our midfield with the CF and a Centre back to partner Seb. The only other player I can see us going for (and which was mentioned by RvW) is another winger in the mould of Redmond.

I thought that Michael Turner''s performances last season, especially towards the end, were sheer quality and would not justify another round of Turner-bashing, however mild.

I would be very reluctant to break up a fully-fit Bassong/Turner partnership as I feel that they are two quality defenders who complement each other excellently.

With Martin''s professed preference for that position and Bennett showing just why Lambert was willing to pay so much for his services I fail to see it as urgent as some seem to that we strengthen here.

However, if we could replace both Barnett (sorry Leon) and Ayala (who?) with Alderweireld then the Summer could hardly get any better.

[quote user="Eadie4England"]why on earth would we be after another winger, e.bennett snodgrass pilkington redmond.[/quote]
E. Bennett doesn''t quite seem good enough for a top half prem team. Plenty of effort but lacks a bit of ability. Pilkington is very hit and miss away from home and Redmond is still only 20.

I hope at least two - CB and striker, the former because Turner and Bassong can be injury prone, and the other CBs are inferior, at the moment. We need another striker - three is risky. It would not be impossible to image one having a long term injury and another our f or a week or two. Then we are left with Becchio!

This really depends on the formation CH is going to play this season.

If its the same old boring 4-4-1-1 then i don''t really think we need another striker but i do think we need another attacking midfielder.

If CH plans to go with 2 up front then definitely we need another striker.

All this talk about another centre back gets me thinking. If we signed a starting centre back then surly either Bassong or Turner will miss out and become unhappy after all they did ''clear up'' with the trophies come end of last season. I personally would love another starter but i don''t think it would be top of our agenda now. Maybe a centre back similar in status to Bassong or Turner.

yer but both turner and bassong were nursing injuries on a few occasions last year and still are now. so a centre back is a priority as i still dont think r.bennett is ready for the games against the top half of the table teams. still got alot to learn.

priceyrice wrote - "E. Bennett doesn''t quite seem good enough for a top half prem team. Plenty of effort but lacks a bit of ability. Pilkington is very hit and miss away from home and Redmond is still only 20."

And add to that that Redmond is a different type of player (pacey) from both Pilks and Snoddy.