Sign in to follow this  
nochain09

Kamara

Lovely piece on him at this link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130726/kei-kamara-mls-norwich/index.html?eref=sircrc

Would anyone want him as our fourth striker? Just asking.....as I think we need some ariel ability up front, or is the opinion that he''s not quite good enough?

I don''t think he is as good as we all wanted him to be.Saying that - he has pace, aerial threat and bags of confidence - he could change a game and give the opposition something different to think about. Also has a bit of flexibility.RVW, Hooper, Beccio, Kamara - I would take that tbh.

[quote user="NWC"]I don''t think he is as good as we all wanted him to be.Saying that - he has pace, aerial threat and bags of confidence - he could change a game and give the opposition something different to think about. Also has a bit of flexibility.RVW, Hooper, Beccio, Kamara - I would take that tbh.[/quote]

Couldn''t agree with this more.

He''d be great as a sub at about 70 min of a low scoring, tight game when we need another approach to get a goal back or nick all 3 points. His attitude would also jolt some life into the team in such situations. Sign him up!!!

However, he''s not starter matetial.

I would prefer him on the bench to Becchio, but this resurrects old debates.

Kei Kamara contributed far far more to our eventual survival than Luciano did and for that I''m glad he came.

I am not sure that I am glad Becchio came, but I would like to see him given the opportunity to prove me wrong.

When he came on as a substitue in that game (was it Everton) Oh My God. The man was unstoppable. Pace power, I thought he was truly sensational. Must have been as he was fresh and playing against tired legs, but wow. Shame he never had quite the same impact as a starter but that would have been asking for a lot. Definitely a game changer though. Role as a super-sub? Think theres an argument for that!

I agree, that game against Everton... I''ve not seen many footballers influence the play quite like he did. He worked well with our players and fitted right in. I''d have him, but fourth/third choice would be about right.

Agreed, a BIG named striker as good as it sounds, will have to sit on the bench wait his turn, especially with a lone striker up front.

BIG named striker will turn sour waiting for an opportunity and turn into a potential rotten apple

On the other hand Kamara would be sitting on the bench buzzing with enthusiasm and passion every game

As a 4th striker I''d go for him

I agree with all of that. But for his influence and goal in the Everton game, City could well have gone down. Add to that the assist for Hoolahan''s goal and another precious point in spite of Bunn''s sending off against Sunderland. With Holt gone, City could certainly do with KK''s enthusiasm, but I doubt that it''ll happen.

No, time to move on.
He showed a few moments of brilliance but he didn''t do enough to justify signing him. 
I''d probably have expected Becchio to have just as much of an impact if he''d been given as many minutes (e.g. a goal and an assist, pretty much sums up his output).
He is a championship standard player in the grand scheme of things. I would hope that we have moved on from bringing him on for 10 minutes to try and steal a goal from a corner now.
I''d question a players ambition if they came here to be an occasional super sub anyway. He''d be better of going and being a bit of a star in the Championship or going to a continental league like Jacko. 

He adds something that we haven''t got up top, and as big a fan as I was of his, Kamara would need to work on his anticipation. Would be a no brainer for a lower order striker though.

I still have everything crossed for Gigetty though

I think KK''s speed of thought was a tad slow, but given time & coaching he might well have sharpened. He was tested as a starter, however he was not quite ready for that. In that respect I think it was rather unfair for the NCFC management to expect so much from him so soon.

He has the most wonderful personality - and was like a coiled spring on the occasions he came on with 25 mins to go. He would be a superb ''off the bench'' game-changer and I''d welcome KK as striker #4 this season. However, Hughton''s decision to send him back has been made & that''s not likely to change is it?

"Both Higgins and Heineman estimate that at least 20 clubs have inquired about him, including some in the Premier League. The transfer window is open for another month"

Could he be back in the EPL come the end of August? Interesting.
Also, could we be one of the clubs?

Hypothetically speaking if our strikeforce consisted of:RvW, Hooper, Becchio and KK I think I''d take that.

I would also mention his ability to play on the wings but Redmond/Snoddy, Pilks, Benno and Olsson all seem to provide adequate cover in those areas..

Best of luck to Kei though. His contribution to the Everton game was brilliant.

Not for me, not premiership quality, tactically naive, with the exception of the Everton game thought he looked out of his depth

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiB7kcvlbs4&feature=player_embedded[/url]

Here''s his everton game highlights ^

Respect where respect is due, that really shows how big an impact he made.

Hmmmm, some quite interesting views there...I thought (from previous posts) that this idea would have been shot down in flames. Nice to see that some people do have a good reasoned view as to why he would still be valuable to our team. I''m positive it won''t happen, but i''m of the opinion that he could still bring something to us!! I stumbled onto that video a while back and it still gives me a buzz...

He''d be alright as a benchwarmer, someone who can offer something and wouldn''t spitt his dummy at being a squad player!

Lets not forget he earned us 4 points last season  - Everton at home and the draw at Sunderland!

I''d have him back!

Put it this way I''d rather have Kamara back than some 30 year old Italian new to the Premiership, surplus to requirements at his current club who''d see Norwich as a pension topper up!

If (when) we get our AM/SS then there really is no need for a fifth striker. Most games we will have the new AM/SS, RvW and Hooper in the squad and Becchio in reserve. If things do go horrendously wrong we always have the January transfer window and our U-21 strikers to fill in to then.

This is how we view it at FCR.

- Would cost £1-2m

- Very low wages

- Would accept a very short contract

- Very popular with the fans, merch would virtually pay his wages/contract fees

- We all know what he adds to the dressing room, only had to see the communications from players to KK on Twitter!

And, may I remind you all. When Liverpool loaned A.C to West Ham everyone had the same reaction, WHY? He''s a great plan B.

Well, although our circumstances are significantly different as we have 2 quality forwards and L.B (no disrespect) we don''t have the big target man.

0-0 vs. a team like Everton, Swansea or Southhampton... 80 mins in... the ball has been on the deck all game, not much physicality - KK would be an incredible change of tact and in this scenario could be a game winner.

In my opinion, every club needs a battering ram Plan B - for that reason, I think KK would be a welcome addition.

OT-F-BC wrote - "This is how we view it at FCR."

FFS, stop with your bloody act. Just because you work there does not give you any elevated status here.

Not for me

I agree came in with energy and rawness. But as he gained fitness and had more game time his impact was less.

I am quite happy to say that ship has sailed and I would rather a 30year old experienced, technically gifted striker to come on to our books who also would add to our merchandising sales.

We need that cool head who can guide this young talented group with his technical ability and know-how of how to win big games. I think kamara is not the addition we need and I was glad we didn''t pursue following the loan

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]OT-F-BC wrote - "This is how we view it at FCR."

FFS, stop with your bloody act. Just because you work there does not give you any elevated status here.[/quote]

You mad?

Kei for me along with Pacheco joins a list of overrated bit part players I don''t want to have back.

Seriously if our strike force was injured and we had to rely on this man we would show relegation form.

No point signing players for the bench unless they are young with improvement on their side.

"Seriously if our strike force was injured and we had to rely on this man we would show relegation form."

Yes Crispy, but I would have exactly the same fears, perhaps even moreso, if we had to rely on Becchio and he is on the books.