Sign in to follow this  
Izaak Hunt

92-93 season

Is on sky sports 1 at 4am. Premier league years its called should be a decent watch we had the highest lose that''s season 7-1 ( ahh how familiar) however its the score that reminds me of the massive upturn in fortunes. Also we were in the uefa cup.

I watched it earlier, 12:00 til 2:00 pm. It''s also on again tonight, 11:00 pm til 1:00 am & again at 4:00 am.

I''ve seen it loads of times, they''re always repeating it.

We do get plenty of coverage btw.

[quote user="Hoopers Winky Fer Goals"]Is on sky sports 1 at 4am. Premier league years its called should be a decent watch we had the highest lose that''s season 7-1 ( ahh how familiar) however its the score that reminds me of the massive upturn in fortunes. Also we were in the uefa cup.[/quote]

Great season, but that 7-1 at Blackburn still gives me nightmares, I was our mascot.... #jinxed

What a season that was, happy days. My favourite part was that we finished third.....with a minus four goal difference! You gotta love that.Away win at Arsenal, the double over Chelsea, Suttons Hat-trick vs Leeds. And the season I learned never to leave a match early when Lee Power scored his fantastic 89th minute goal vs Palace.

Modern day football is great. But does anybody miss this era? It had a kind of quaint naive charm to it. The vast majority of players were British, and long established names in the English game (not her for a year or two from another country then off again somewhere else).

This kind of football and the players seemed so much closer to the man in the street - it wasnt the elitist spectacle it is today. Whilst the modern game is fantastic, does anyone miss the romance of this era? I know I do...

Italia 90 was what really turned me onto football. I loved those England players, I was behind them fully and felt I could identify with them. The modern day England team has to be the biggest collection of vile selfish over-rated spoiled individuals you could ever imagine. When they play I almost want them to lose, cuz I feel like they are playing for themselves and not for our country, and I want them to get taken down a peg.

Football has changed. Thats one of the reasons I was proud to be a Norwich fan these last few years. Most of our players had dropped to the bottom and had to graft their way back up, and earn everything they achieved. And I was proud of them for that.

Supporting Norwich over the last 4 years has felt like supporting that England team in Italia 90, and that Norwich team from 92-93. Players I actually liked, respected and wanted to do well

This was a great bit of telly. Brought back some fantastic memories and god do I yearn for days like them again. Even if the closest we get is going to spain to watch us play mallorca on a tuesday night

I always enjoy the Oldham away game bit they cover on that, always see myself on there, albeit briefly!! 

I still have the Oldham programme with Robins'' signature on the back of it, which he signed on the plane journey home.  A good little piece of NCFC history there :)