Sign in to follow this  
Evil Monkey

Time to move one... Reasons to look forward to 2005/6

As a wise man once said: Look to the future now, it''s only just beguuuuun...

So the season is over, and we''re back in Division One (Championship, my arse!).  A number of players have been released, for good or bad, and there have been numerous complaints about Worthy''s tactics and signings (yeah, that Ashton, he''s terrible isn''t he?! Tw*ts).

As much as I''d love to sit here and get involved in long, protracted debates and any of the above, I think its time we, as supporters, moved on and started looking forward to next season, just as the players and staff now are.

So, to get the ball rolling, here are some of the reasons I''m looking forward to next season:

1) Bring on the Luton! - We dicked on a lot of teams in this division in our championship season with players half as good as we''ve got now, so imagine Ashton against some of the promoted clubs?!

2) More Tickets - No Yarmouth Man Utd supporters taking up our seats!

3) New signings - Whoever they may be, and despite the odd turkey, Worthy''s signings have always been something to get excited about (Hucks, Ashton, McKenzie, Bentley, Francis...) - despite what the boo-boys say!

4) East Anglian Derby - With Kuqi going on National Service, Bent probably looking to move and a number of the squad players too old/rubbish to receive new contracts, the future''s bright - but it sure ain''t blue!

I''m sure I could go on all afternoon listing what we can look forward to, but hopefully I''ve got people thinking about the positives and what we have to look forward to.  I think some of us were in danger of getting "Premiership Club Syndrome", believing we have some divine right to moan because we''re no longer in the league, so let''s all pull together, get behind Worthy and the team, whoever it may consist of, and take a deep breath...

All together now...

KICK IT OFF.....................

[quote]As a wise man once said: Look to the future now, it''s only just beguuuuun... So the season is over, and we''re back in Division One (Championship, my arse!). A number of players have been released, f...[/quote]

Since when has Noddy Holder been a wise man ? 

I''m looking forward to going to away grounds and actually hearing their fans sing some songs. the quality of the home support in the Premiership was pretty dire. The away fans from the promoted teams will come to Carrow road in droves, just as we went to the Premier grounds in droves.

I reckon there will be some great chanting battles next season. About time.

Having the occasional game where we go to town on some struggling team will be nice as well.

Yeah it will be interesting to see what happens. Like if we are one of those teams that will come straight back up or one of them who don''t! I agree that the Prem supporters ain''t half as loud as the Division 1 supporters!

!!!OTBC!!!

[quote]I''m looking forward to going to away grounds and actually hearing their fans sing some songs. the quality of the home support in the Premiership was pretty dire. The away fans from the promoted teams ...[/quote]

Same, i loved the atmosphere at games last time. Its something you dont get in the premiership. And some of the grounds are far more fun to go to. (eg rotherham although they arent there anymore)