Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Redmond

[quote user="City1st"]if he''s given the same freedom in the PL

[/quote]

All depends on the preparation and scouting ability of our opposition, I guess. He may enter the Premier League as an unknown quantity, but after (if) the plaudits come his way he''ll have some unwanted defensive attention coming his way as well.

Indeed it will! With the reports of RVW and Hooper''s quality of movement , it should hopefully lead to some good goal scoring opportunities that we weren''t really achieving often enough last season.

Agreed, looking forward to that. Hopefully less of the dilly-dallying with no ideas of how to break through!

I can''t see him playing week in week out next season. I think he will be used carefully, the perfect player to come on against tired legs or to start against a full back who is known to struggle against pace. 

He can be our Premier League version of McNamee! Introduced in the second half to terrorise defences with his pace and trickery.I''ve got a good feeling about this lad. He may even surpass early expectations and find himself a regular starter, which would be great for him.

let''s just hope he isn''t given the current coaching manual with the bit that says''when taking the ball down the wing be sure to stop after no more than 8 yards into the opposition half and pass the ball backwards, the ball should then proceed gradually via a number of other passes back towards your own penalty box''

[quote user="City1st"]let''s just hope he isn''t given the current coaching manual with the bit that says

''when taking the ball down the wing be sure to stop after no more than 8 yards into the opposition half and pass the ball backwards, the ball should then proceed gradually via a number of other passes back towards your own penalty box''

[/quote]

Or the Aaron Lennon manual of ''Get that ball, run down the wing, keep running, keep running, and you''ve run it out of play... Good boy!''

[quote user="City1st"]let''s just hope he isn''t given the current coaching manual with the bit that says

''when taking the ball down the wing be sure to stop after no more than 8 yards into the opposition half and pass the ball backwards, the ball should then proceed gradually via a number of other passes back towards your own penalty box''

[/quote]

The crucial thing is variety; i.e. knowing when to do it and when not to. If any player decides to take the opposition on every time they get the ball, they quickly get found out and achieve very little. Possession of the ball is very important with the aim being to get it to the players that can cause damage in the right areas and in potentially fruitful situations.

I think it won''t be long before Pilks is displaced by Redmond. However good Pilks can be on his day, its not regular enough. He drifts in and out of games and seems to have never ending injury probems/niggles. Now we have decent back up, i''d hope Hughton would drag Pilks off the pitch pretty quickly if he''s having one of his anonymous games. All it would take was a few of these and good perfomances from Redmond when he comes on and he''ll soon make the spot his own.

It would have made a huge difference if he had been available last year instead of switching Snods to the left when Pilks was injured. Redmond has been hugely impressive so far, but then he did have the advantage of match fitness from the U21 competition. Exciting prospect, all the same!