Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Stadium Expansion

Webbo, you slightly misinterpret... [:D]Bullying is when you abuse a poster and that is why I accused you of bullying... simples. Try to demolish the point made, not the poster and you will not be accused of being a bullyboy. Have respect for other peoples'' comments even if you disagree. Then we can have a good debate.

[quote user="paul moy"]Webbo, you slightly misinterpret... [:D]Bullying is when you abuse a poster and that is why I accused you of bullying... simples. Try to demolish the point made, not the poster and you will not be accused of being a bullyboy. Have respect for other peoples'' comments even if you disagree. Then we can have a good debate. [/quote]
Oh puurrleeeessee, you are not being ''bullied''. To use that word so liberally is to cheapen it and devalue the true meaning, it is disrespectful to people who are actually the victims of bullying. E.g. not you.
Here is what google give as a definition of ''bullying'':
"Use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants".
That would be my understanding of the word also. Webbo isn''t threatening to beat you up if you don''t give him your sweets. I guess that it is another word we can consign to the dustbin of once meaningful but now cheapened and meaningless words. 
If anything Webbo was offering tired and perhaps slightly provocative banter. Nothing more, nothing less. I don''t think you can be taken very seriously personally.  

That is naive, TheNewBoy.  Bullying is done in many other ways... it can be mental as well as physical and mental can be far worse than physical as it can be very subtle and even unintentional and go on for a lifetime.   For instance to name a few other ways, constant disrespect, constant repetitive criticism, constant ridicule, constant verbal attacks, being constantly condescending, refusal to praise, denigrating achievement, ganging up, wrongfully blaming and rumour-mongering.  Basically, anything designed to lower a persons self-esteem in their own mind or others minds is in effect a form of bullying.  There are some very sad tales on this website :  http://familymatters.vision.org/FamilyMatters/bid/34439/Bullying-the-Family-Connection

Are people attacking you personally or attacking your opinions?

If someone keeps making daft comments, or being snide an constantly negative about the club then their words will be scrutinised, and they will get pulled up on them.

It is hard to tell, without knowing the person, if they are genuine or on a wind up.

Also on this site most are anonymous, so it is your forum persona that is getting the hits rather than you.

Bit early so hope that made sense.

[quote user="paul moy"]That is naive, TheNewBoy.  Bullying is done in many other ways... it can be mental as well as physical and mental can be far worse than physical as it can be very subtle and even unintentional and go on for a lifetime.   For instance to name a few other ways, constant disrespect, constant repetitive criticism, constant ridicule, constant verbal attacks, being constantly condescending, refusal to praise, denigrating achievement, ganging up, wrongfully blaming and rumour-mongering.  Basically, anything designed to lower a persons self-esteem in their own mind or others minds is in effect a form of bullying.  There are some very sad tales on this website :  http://familymatters.vision.org/FamilyMatters/bid/34439/Bullying-the-Family-Connection[/quote]
You can''t publicly suggest that it is realistic for Norwich to own and fill a 60,000 to 70,000 seater stadium within 10-20 years and expect not to open yourself up to ridicule and criticism. That would make the Norwich Stadium the second or third biggest domestic football stadium in England. Not sure if you have ever been to Old Trafford or not, but perhaps you should consider going so that you can see just how huge it is, and just how ridiculous the idea of Norwich being able to pretty much fill it in a decade or so is. We''d perhaps have a chance of filling a 70,000 seater if we sold tickets for £1 and gave ten thousand of them to away fans. 
This is the internet at the end of the day, it isn''t real life, and I assume that you are a mature man with plenty of life experience and a few hairs on your chest. I find it very difficult to equate criticism on a forum with any of the forms of bullying that you have listed above, and if you do feel that you are being personally bullied then perhaps it has something to do with your (rather unwise) choice of using your (presumably) real name as a username.
I suspect that most other people, who remain anonymous, would struggle to feel personally victimized or targeted in the way that you claim to if the entity getting bullied is a made up name and a stupid picture. You can turn a computer off, at the end of the day, it isn''t the same as being picked on in school, at work, or at home. It just isn''t. 
I still think that you are blurring the lines a lot here, and making a big deal out of nothing. Where is the boundary between criticising somebodies opinion/belief, and ''bullying'' them? If you suggest something ludicrious at work, and your boss tells you that your idea is ludicrious, then is he bullying? Or is your idea genuinely ludicrious?

[quote user="Herman "]Are people attacking you personally or attacking your opinions?

If someone keeps making daft comments, or being snide an constantly negative about the club then their words will be scrutinised, and they will get pulled up on them.

It is hard to tell, without knowing the person, if they are genuine or on a wind up.

Also on this site most are anonymous, so it is your forum persona that is getting the hits rather than you.

Bit early so hope that made sense.[/quote]
Herman posted this whilst I was typing my essay, but he pretty much says everything that I said in my less words. 

[quote user="Herman "]Are people attacking you personally or attacking your opinions?

Bit early so hope that made sense.[/quote]Just trying to educate some verbally aggressive posters on the benefits of respecting people and their opinions on the BB and the wisdom of avoiding abuse, that''s all. We can all disagree and continue to respect eachother can''t we. Here''s hoping......

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="paul moy"]That is naive, TheNewBoy.  Bullying is done in many other ways... it can be mental as well as physical and mental can be far worse than physical as it can be very subtle and even unintentional and go on for a lifetime.   For instance to name a few other ways, constant disrespect, constant repetitive criticism, constant ridicule, constant verbal attacks, being constantly condescending, refusal to praise, denigrating achievement, ganging up, wrongfully blaming and rumour-mongering.  Basically, anything designed to lower a persons self-esteem in their own mind or others minds is in effect a form of bullying.  There are some very sad tales on this website :  http://familymatters.vision.org/FamilyMatters/bid/34439/Bullying-the-Family-Connection[/quote]
You can''t publicly suggest that it is realistic for Norwich to own and fill a 60,000 to 70,000 seater stadium within 10-20 years and expect not to open yourself up to ridicule and criticism. That would make the Norwich Stadium the second or third biggest domestic football stadium in England. Not sure if you have ever been to Old Trafford or not, but perhaps you should consider going so that you can see just how huge it is, and just how ridiculous the idea of Norwich being able to pretty much fill it in a decade or so is. We''d perhaps have a chance of filling a 70,000 seater if we sold tickets for £1 and gave ten thousand of them to away fans. 
This is the internet at the end of the day, it isn''t real life, and I assume that you are a mature man with plenty of life experience and a few hairs on your chest. I find it very difficult to equate criticism on a forum with any of the forms of bullying that you have listed above, and if you do feel that you are being personally bullied then perhaps it has something to do with your (rather unwise) choice of using your (presumably) real name as a username.
I suspect that most other people, who remain anonymous, would struggle to feel personally victimized or targeted in the way that you claim to if the entity getting bullied is a made up name and a stupid picture. You can turn a computer off, at the end of the day, it isn''t the same as being picked on in school, at work, or at home. It just isn''t. 
I still think that you are blurring the lines a lot here, and making a big deal out of nothing. Where is the boundary between criticising somebodies opinion/belief, and ''bullying'' them? If you suggest something ludicrious at work, and your boss tells you that your idea is ludicrious, then is he bullying? Or is your idea genuinely ludicrious?
[/quote]

It''s a debate and there you go again saying that people deserve ridicule when they disagree with you. Ricardo, one of the most respected posters on here did not ridicule and I respect that. So you admit you were wrong on your narrow definition of bullying ?

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="paul moy"]That is naive, TheNewBoy.  Bullying is done in many other ways... it can be mental as well as physical and mental can be far worse than physical as it can be very subtle and even unintentional and go on for a lifetime.   For instance to name a few other ways, constant disrespect, constant repetitive criticism, constant ridicule, constant verbal attacks, being constantly condescending, refusal to praise, denigrating achievement, ganging up, wrongfully blaming and rumour-mongering.  Basically, anything designed to lower a persons self-esteem in their own mind or others minds is in effect a form of bullying.  There are some very sad tales on this website :  http://familymatters.vision.org/FamilyMatters/bid/34439/Bullying-the-Family-Connection[/quote]
[/quote]

It''s a debate and there you go again saying that people deserve ridicule when they disagree with you. Ricardo, one of the most respected posters on here did not ridicule and I respect that. So you admit you were wrong on your narrow definition of bullying ?[/quote]
I just think that you need to man up, get a sense of perspective, stop playing the victim, and keep your non-existent first world problems to yourself. There is far too much real suffering in this world, and indeed this country, for anybody to waste time having an in depth discussing about whether you are being ''bullied'' when quite clearly you are not. Thanks. 

First off I don''t think Paul Moy is that old or particularly mature. I''d say very early twenties at the very most. I say that because of the construction of posts and angle of his views not to mention naivety.

For what it is worth Paul, Ricardo wasn''t perhaps as harsh as others but there was definitely a bit of gentle ridiculing in his post:

"It''s nice to dream Paul but some of the ideas you''ve put forward are extreme even by Tom Cavendish standards."

Because Tom Cavendish was thought of highly of course . . . . .

I really can''t believe the "trouble" I appear to have caused. If I had even half thought that jokingly suggesting that the Royal Baby should be called Prince Cody would be construed as bullying, I would have been forced to wake myself up. All I can do is offer some advice to PM which my dear late father would have given to me - "grow a pair son".

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Herman "]Are people attacking you personally or attacking your opinions? If someone keeps making daft comments, or being snide an constantly negative about the club then their words will be scrutinised, and they will get pulled up on them. It is hard to tell, without knowing the person, if they are genuine or on a wind up. Also on this site most are anonymous, so it is your forum persona that is getting the hits rather than you. Bit early so hope that made sense.[/quote]

Just trying to educate some verbally aggressive posters on the benefits of respecting people and their opinions on the BB and the wisdom of avoiding abuse, that''s all. We can all disagree and continue to respect eachother can''t we. Here''s hoping......
[/quote]

I respect your right to an opinion but there is no way I will respect the actual opinion if I fundamentally disagree with it. I will, as I have done all my life, say so. It is rather important, probably for your future development, that you grasp this rather important difference.

[quote user="Herman "]Are people attacking you personally or attacking your opinions? If someone keeps making daft comments, or being snide an constantly negative about the club then their words will be scrutinised, and they will get pulled up on them. It is hard to tell, without knowing the person, if they are genuine or on a wind up. Also on this site most are anonymous, so it is your forum persona that is getting the hits rather than you. Bit early so hope that made sense.[/quote]

I think the Prince Cody/Royal Baby comment was probably the latter !

sooner or later work will need to be done at Carrow Road, the city stand can have a 2nd tier added apparently.

the River end is now over 30 years old and will need a face lift at some stage. I would envisage that many years down the lime we will have a 2 tiered River end, City Corner, City stand and snake pit.

taking capacity up to nearly 40,000... baby steps at this stage though...

Didn''t Kevin Reeves pay for the River End (in part. If not totally)? Maybe a Hooper or RVW will become just too valuable to hold onto and a chunk of transfer income could go towards ground redevelopment? I know the focus is on the playing squad and that''s absolutely the correct thing to do ATM, but if we ever did have a £20m plus player on our hands it could perhaps be an option?

60-70,000!

That super Canary stadium would have be built at the UEA - designed by pink un forum legend Tom Cavendish!!

Look on the bright side - the capacity s going up by 30 next season thanks to work on the Jarold stand!!

Whilst all attention is paid to improvements at Carrow Rd, is it not time to look at the provision of some form of shelter for those hardy souls who brave all weathers in the open to witness matches at Colney. Even if a small admission charge was made for attendance.

. Hardley 1