Sign in to follow this  
Hackedoff

He was a right Tw@t but my my he could play!!

Following on from the he was a tryer thread, what players (doesn''t have to be City players) did you hate but admired for their all round ability.

Ian Wright - fantastic finisher and player but as soon as he opened his trap no end of trash came out of it.

Eric Cantona - ''A'' grade end of bell.

Matt Le Tiss - Just have to see him on Soccer sat these days to wind me up.

Hmmm not sure if it quite meets your criteria but Shearer. Loved him as a player, but every time I see him as a pundit it enrages me as he looks disinterested, has no real knowledge or input and yet is probably getting paid millions.

Viv Anderson springs immediately to mind.........was a terrific player, BUT sat next to him at a function over here a few years ago and was full of himse;f and not what I would call good company.

Met many other ex professionals that night too, and the opposite must be said for Ian Rush, Chris Waddle and Ruel Fox all of whom were terrific! 

Glenn hoddle  great player but what a prize helmet

Paul ince  the self proclaimed guvnor  

rio ferdinand  anyone remember that silly wind up show he did ? also thinks he''s a bit of a looker someone should have a word

roberto baggio  just looked like a Tw@t

[quote user="RichT - The Biscuit"]Roy Keane, say no more......[/quote]

This. Used to really annoy me he''d throw in these ultra hard tackles, not that there''s anything wrong with that., but my god didn''t he throw a wobbly if someone had the cheek to give him some of his own medicine. Also has there ever been a less charismatic TV pundit. On the upside did a  fantastic job at wasting Ipswich''s money.

George Best - complete waster off the pitch who threw his talent away.

Interesting the comments on Viv Anderson & Chris Waddle as I would have them the other way round, Waddle is a grade a **** absolute waste of space

Bellamy is the one that springs to mind most with this, I think there are quite a few German players that could make the list, Andreas Moeller, Ballack, Ziege and also people like Rijkaard who to this day I still cannot believe he spat in Rudi Voellers hair twice in a game

[quote user="JC"]Interesting the comments on Viv Anderson & Chris Waddle as I would have them the other way round, Waddle is a grade a **** absolute waste of space Bellamy is the one that springs to mind most with this, I think there are quite a few German players that could make the list, Andreas Moeller, Ballack, Ziege and also people like Rijkaard who to this day I still cannot believe he spat in Rudi Voellers hair twice in a game[/quote]

was rijkaard ever seen outside carrow road in the spring of 2006 ?

I do not agree re George Best and Bellamy in that I think George was a decent person who succumbed to an addiction and Bellamy is just hyper professional and gets angry with himself and others if they do not put the effort in, whereas individuals such as Keane and Ince are Grade A tw@ts.....

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

and Bellamy is just hyper professional and gets angry with himself and others if they do not put the effort in

[/quote]
He is an alleged serial woman beater, he also battered John Arne Riise with a golf club for asking him to sing at a karaoke. How does that relate to his profession or people not putting the effort in? 
He does have a decent streak in him, he isn''t selfish with his money and does a lot of charity work, but hardly a gentleman. 

[quote user="The New Boy"]David James is a complete egomaniac. [/quote]

Is he?

Never got that impression from him, the complete opposite actually, what have I missed?

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="The New Boy"]David James is a complete egomaniac. [/quote]

Is he?

Never got that impression from him, the complete opposite actually, what have I missed?[/quote]
Have you met him? I haven''t, but just want to clarify that neither of us have? It is easy for people to form differing perceptions of people in the public eye based on things that they see and hear, but there have been a few things which have given me the impression that David James is a complete nobhead.
The most substantial was his refusal to exchange shirts with a young Declan Rudd, can''t remember which fellow City player revealed that on twitter but it didn''t go down very well with the Norwich players.
He also comes across as a w*nker on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwV_kQLfGu0 
That and a couple of articles of his that I''ve read which come across as complete drivel. Other than that, not much, but reason enough. 

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="The New Boy"]David James is a complete egomaniac. [/quote]

Is he?

Never got that impression from him, the complete opposite actually, what have I missed?[/quote]
Have you met him? I haven''t, but just want to clarify that neither of us have? It is easy for people to form differing perceptions of people in the public eye based on things that they see and hear, but there have been a few things which have given me the impression that David James is a complete nobhead.
The most substantial was his refusal to exchange shirts with a young Declan Rudd, can''t remember which fellow City player revealed that on twitter but it didn''t go down very well with the Norwich players.
He also comes across as a w*nker on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwV_kQLfGu0 
That and a couple of articles of his that I''ve read which come across as complete drivel. Other than that, not much, but reason enough. 
[/quote]

No I haven''t met him.

But remember seeing him on a TV show where he was the only PL footballer who would give money to a charity (but think it might have been charity related to something about his mother or something). And have seen interviews in which he came across as a fairly decent an intelligent bloke,

But of course it does come down to what interviews etc you''ve seen/read. Loads of people seem to love AVB, but the couple of interviews I''ve seen on his, think he''s a jumped up disrespectful Mourinho wannabe,

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="The New Boy"]David James is a complete egomaniac. [/quote]

Is he?

[/quote]

No I haven''t met him.

But remember seeing him on a TV show where he was the only PL footballer who would give money to a charity (but think it might have been charity related to something about his mother or something). And have seen interviews in which he came across as a fairly decent an intelligent bloke,

But of course it does come down to what interviews etc you''ve seen/read. Loads of people seem to love AVB, but the couple of interviews I''ve seen on his, think he''s a jumped up disrespectful Mourinho wannabe,[/quote]
Agreed on AVB. 
At least Mourinho has something to be smug about, he has the trophy cabinet to match it. 

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="The New Boy"]David James is a complete egomaniac. [/quote]

Is he?

Never got that impression from him, the complete opposite actually, what have I missed?[/quote]Have you met him? I haven''t, but just want to clarify that neither of us have? It is easy for people to form differing perceptions of people in the public eye based on things that they see and hear, but there have been a few things which have given me the impression that David James is a complete nobhead.The most substantial was his refusal to exchange shirts with a young Declan Rudd, can''t remember which fellow City player revealed that on twitter but it didn''t go down very well with the Norwich players.He also comes across as a w*nker on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwV_kQLfGu0 That and a couple of articles of his that I''ve read which come across as complete drivel. Other than that, not much, but reason enough. [/quote]

Only opinions of course, but David James to me started out as a young goalkeeper who tried to live the footballer''s life with all the trappings, but was forced to take stock and re-evaluate his life after a tragic accident in which he was involved.   Since then he has shown to be an intelligent and deep thinker and appears to have a much better perspective on football and life in general.