Sign in to follow this  
| wolfswinkel |

Best and worst memories at NCFC

Best memory the last two matches of ;last season

Worst the numerous preceding weeks of negative defensive football watching our star striker running himself into the ground unsupported against three defenders, No wonder he wanted to leave. God forbid that we should be treated to theses tactics again,

hardley 1

Best memory the last two Premier Matches of last season.

Worsted the countless preceding week

As one of the old codgers on here ( only Nutty and Lapp are older [;)] ) there have been so many highs and lows this could be longer than an LDC post.[:P]

Highs.... Cup win at Old Trafford in 1967

Promotion at Orient in 1972.

First ever Wembley appearance in 1973.

Milk Cup semi win v Scum 1985.

Milk Cup win 1985.

First ever European game on foreign soil at Arnheim.

That win in Munich.

1-5 at Scum.

Those above and many more I remember like they were yesterday.

Lows....1973 League cup final v Villa.

1975 ditto v Spurs.

1989 FA Cup semi v Everton

1993 ditto v Sunderland.

2002 Play off v Brum.

2009 relegation to League One at Charlton.

2009 1-7.

Any defeat against the Scum when they only ever had to turn up to beat us all those light years away now when they did have a good team ( grinds teeth [:(] )

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

As one of the old codgers on here ( only Nutty and Lapp are older [;)] ) there have been so many highs and lows this could be longer than an LDC post.[:P]

Highs.... Cup win at Old Trafford in 1967

Promotion at Orient in 1972.

First ever Wembley appearance in 1973.

Milk Cup semi win v Scum 1985.

Milk Cup win 1985.

First ever European game on foreign soil at Arnheim.

That win in Munich.

1-5 at Scum.

Those above and many more I remember like they were yesterday.

Lows....1973 League cup final v Villa.

1975 ditto v Spurs.

1989 FA Cup semi v Everton

1993 ditto v Sunderland.

2002 Play off v Brum.

2009 relegation to League One at Charlton.

2009 1-7.

Any defeat against the Scum when they only ever had to turn up to beat us all those light years away now when they did have a good team ( grinds teeth [:(] )

[/quote]

It''s ok, I''ll keep it short.  Knowing how you like people to be correct with what they say - 1973 was Tottenham, 1975 was Villa. 

Sooo many highs but top of the chart for me is the 1-5 at scum. It really was that special[Y]

Don''t remember any lows...

Best : 2-1 win at Old Trafford FA Cup 4th Rnd1967, I was 10 years old, not at the game; I had been playing football on Drayton Rec all afternoon and got home just in time to see the score come up on the teleprinter on bottom of TV screen, I can still see it now. I think at the time Utd were top of Div 1 and unbeaten at home and we were maybe 4th from bottom Div 2. Keelan played a blinder against one of the best Utd sides I can remember with Law, Best, Charlton, Herd, Crerand, Stiles etc

Worst: losing to Bradford in 1976 FA Cup,5th Round I had just returned to Norwich after living in Australia since 1970 and was sure we were going to Wembley.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Ok, you beat me to it.................

[:(]

[/quote]

You really must focus more.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Ok, you beat me to it.................[:(][/quote]

[/quote]

It was a question of timing, not focus...............[:P]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Ok, you beat me to it.................
[:(]
[/quote]

[/quote]

It was a question of timing, not focus...............[:P]

[/quote]

In my opinion not but then again we should all know by now that anybody having a different opinion to you is only out to have a go at you. [:D]

As usual you will have the last word I am sure unless you want this to run into God knows how many pages ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]Ok, you beat me to it.................[:(] [/quote]You really must focus more. [/quote]It was a question of timing, not focus...............[:P] [/quote]In my opinion not but then again we should all know by now that anybody having a different opinion to you is only out to have a go at you. [:D] As usual you will have the last word I am sure unless you want this to run into God knows how many pages ?[/quote]

I was just having a little light hearted banter, as I thought you were. My mistake.  It seems you always want to have your fun at my expense, but if I reply in kind, you just want to rub my nose in it.    Not surprising we don''t get along, is it? 

[quote user="lake district canary"]

I was just having a little light hearted banter, as I thought you were. My mistake.  It seems you always want to have your fun at my expense, but if I reply in kind, you just want to rub my nose in it.    Not surprising we don''t get along, is it? 
[/quote]

As your last sentence was in the form of a question you obviously want to drag this out so no I am not rubbing your nose in it merely disagreeing with you which is clearly something you can never accept from me or anybody else for that matter on any thread you start or take part in.

Lapp where are you ? [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]I was just having a little light hearted banter, as I thought you were. My mistake.  It seems you always want to have your fun at my expense, but if I reply in kind, you just want to rub my nose in it.    Not surprising we don''t get along, is it?  [/quote]

As your last sentence was in the form of a question you obviously want to drag this out so no I am not rubbing your nose in it merely disagreeing with you which is clearly something you can never accept from me or anybody else for that matter on any thread you start or take part in.

Lapp where are you ? [;)]

[/quote]

I''ll do it for you.........Pong.......just like your attitude to me...it pongs.It was a rhetorical question.

Main highs: Spurs away, Liverpool away and Arsenal away in the first year back in the Prem.Derby at home. Oh and walking into sixth form after we''d battered the scum twice and after promotion. I was in a class FULL of scummers. Lows: Losing the playoff final and relegation to league 1.