Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Canary

Turner to Hull?

According to one of the papers Turner is going to Hull on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

Is there any truth in this?

I would have thought that the way Bennett played towards the ned of the season and the fact that we are looking at expensive centre halves I would that thought this might have legs as Turner is too slow for modern PL football although he did well in the end after a shaky start.

[quote user="Jersey Canary"]According to one of the papers Turner is going to Hull on loan with a view to a permanent deal. Is there any truth in this? I would have thought that the way Bennett played towards the ned of the season and the fact that we are looking at expensive centre halves I would that thought this might have legs as Turner is too slow for modern PL football although he did well in the end after a shaky start.[/quote]

Like Snodders its all tabloid rubbish again.

3 bad games does not equal a shakeup start. And if he struggles with "modern Prem football" ten why was he one of our stand out performers and Player''s POTS? There is no truth to this whatsoever, Turner is one of our better players and we''d be idiots to let him go.

As McNally said last night. Players are not for sale unless the club wants to sell them....Why on earth would we sell one of our 1st choice CB''s

Which paper? Can''t see it being discussed anywhere. Would be very disappointed if true, I felt he was better than Bassong for the most part after Christmas.

Yep all this tabloid rubbish, can''t trust any of it........look at the Hooper rubbish they reported on, Going to Norwich, then joining QPR.........

But they all get the story from somewhere and if Toby reports (more tabloid rubbish - Dutch this time) have some legs and he is considering a move to Norwich if Liverpool don''t come in, then I think this might be one to keep an eye on.

To be honest I would not be devestated to see Turner go, he did a great job once he settled but Bennett was outstadning the last few games.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]You don''t have to be Usain Bolt to play centre half (ask Rio Ferdinand)[/quote]

To be fair Ferdinand was quite quick in his time.

[quote user="Indy"]

To be honest I would not be devestated to see Turner go, he did a great job once he settled but Bennett was outstadning the last few games.

[/quote]

Not that I was there, but didn''t I read somewhere that Bennett was outstanding (not) over in the States?

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]As McNally said last night. Players are not for sale unless the club wants to sell them....Why on earth would we sell one of our 1st choice CBs[/quote]
Perhaps we''ve a couple of upgrades lined up.

Well Bassong''s not particularly quick and Bennett is definitely not quick. So we could be in trouble.

Other than that, Turner was absolutely immense last season. He''s probably the best defender at the club and is much better than Bennett.

If Turner goes we would need someone very good to come in because Bennett is not the answer, not for a full season in the Prem.

I really can''t see Turner moving unless we have someone else in first.    We need two very good centre backs and while Bennett  Martin Ayala and Barnett are good back ups, we need Turner in there - unless someone else is coming in  who would displace him from the team.

I''ll get slaughtered for this, but I don''t understand all the Turner hype. He''s not that good! He did have a shaky start and a minority of fans we''re on his back. But that''s only because he actually did make notable errors which may of cost us points. Nobody can deny that, and the minority of fans did have evidence to support their view. But credit where credit is due, he did improve, get better, looked sharper and did put in some MOTM performances. I also think Turner is player who improves throughout the season, the more games he gets the better he gets. Saying that, I think Bennett would be the same if was given the chance, he proved he is more than good enough towards the end of last season. Personally I''d prefer to see Bennett start games over Turner, and hopefully if we do buy another quality center back it will be interesting to see where he is in the picking order.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]"According to one of the papers..." "According to Twitter..." etc, etc. How hard is it to actually state the source?[/quote]

I was thinking exactly the same. Not saying people have to start referencing their posts, but a link to where they have read these stories or at least name the paper.

I pretty much disregarded this as soon as I saw no name of paper, let alone a link.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]"According to one of the papers..." "According to Twitter..." etc, etc. How hard is it to actually state the source?[/quote]

I was thinking exactly the same. Not saying people have to start referencing their posts, but a link to where they have read these stories or at least name the paper.

I pretty much disregarded this as soon as I saw no name of paper, let alone a link.

[/quote]A Google news search returns nothing.

Load of Bull.We only have 3 decent centre halves and he is one of them , he had a good season after a difficult start and  and it was this manager that signed him, no way he is off to Hull in any capacity

There is no way Tuner will go unless we sign someone better (Alderweireld ?)

Question:

How long has he left on his contract - 2 years? - if so last time to see profitably, and put the money towards another CB

Is he good enough? - generally, yes, -he certainly scored some useful goals, though perhaps we don''t need them quite so much now we have at least two good strikers. He is, however, slow, but not more than Bassong.

Is he too old? Probably not and will probably not deteriorate

Is he committed to the cause? - without any doubt, a loyal, courageous and whole-hearted player.

Haven''t you noticed? Trolling binners never do.

He was imo our best defender after Xmas, Hull wish they could loan him! Would be more upset than Holt moving on if he goes and that''s how good a player I think he is. Holt at least I can make sense of the situation, this would make no sense whatsoever.

There is not a chance we would let one of our two best CB''s go out on loan to a potential League rival!! For the last 3/4 months of the season he was probably our best defender! Can''t see any truth in this at all

[quote user="Webbo118"]

Haven''t you noticed? Trolling binners never do.

[/quote]

How hard is it to do some research for yourself? Those who found the article will know I am telling the truth. Whether the article has any foundation is another point. But to go around accusing people and stating things aren''t for you liking is a bit sad.

I don''t mind about the article just your conception of turner as a defender...

You really don''t have a clue but I fear your not alone

[quote user="refjezdavies"]I don''t mind about the article just your conception of turner as a defender...

You really don''t have a clue but I fear your not alone[/quote]

And your opinion is obviously more valid than everyone else''s. You''re just arrogant.