Sign in to follow this  
mbncfc1

steven caulker

Cardiff are apparently attempting to sign him

Young English premier league experiense with ch links with tottenham and are interest in the Ajax guy (can''t spell his name )think he has a big future ahead of him and think we should try sign him

Maybe spurs are just overvaluing their players?   £8m for caulker is well over the top,  as would be not taking £85m for Bale.

Great signing for them, 2 seasons in the Premiership under his belt and a full England international and only 21. Compared to what Jordan Rhodes, Jay Rodriguez and other ridiculously over inflated prices for young English players this looks like a decent deal all round.

Obviously desperate for game time and the chance to make a good impression with the World Cup coming up, i''m sure he''ll be a crackin'' player for them. Surprised Swansea haven''t gotten involved though. I would like to have seen him in Yellow and Green.

[quote user="pilksfanclub"]Who cares?[/quote]Rival premier league team buys very good defender (if at a high price)we should all care just a little what other Premier League teams to in the transfer window as it gives us a better understanding of how much a threat they will pose.

[quote user="Id fly over 1p5wich tomorrow"]Great signing for them. One of the main relegation candidates so this signing is of concern for us.[/quote]Why? We''re not relegation candidates! [*-)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Id fly over 1p5wich tomorrow"]Great signing for them. One of the main relegation candidates so this signing is of concern for us.[/quote]Why? We''re not relegation candidates! [*-)][/quote]

Right, ok.

This confuses me a great deal. At his age he is supposed to be a good up and coming player so why do Spurs want to sell him, he will have to be replaced and with the Bale cash coming in they wont be short of a bob or two. I suppose if we had signed him we would have been reasonably pleased but £8m is a lot of cash for a newly promoted side who really need to get in some strikers

Maybe the guy made it clear in a world cup year he has no desire to warm the bench Yorkshire?

I''d actually have wanted him here, he''s still very young with bags of potential, was really good at Swansea so Prem proven and English, always going to be expensive.

I can''t imagine it is 8 mil cash though, surely some of that is add ons?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Id fly over 1p5wich tomorrow"]Great signing for them. One of the main relegation candidates so this signing is of concern for us.[/quote]

Why? We''re not relegation candidates! [*-)]
[/quote]

As always, more than half the teams in the league will be happy to finish 17th.