Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

West Ham moving for Snodgrass

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-ham-transfers-robert-snodgrass-2097665?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitterHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAGood luck With That !!

You should try it Tilyou would be surprised how far you can get with storiesbearing in mind places like Sky, the Sun, Talksh ite and others of their ilk are staffed by teenage intern(s) scanning the net for stories ...... and that is about all

Imagine someone in the newsroom heard a very tedious rumourSlow newsday so they now have something to fill page 45 or whatever the sport is on

doesn''t need to be a slow newsdayit''s pretty much routine practice, based on the fact that they know that numpties who read these stories have the IQ and memory of a goldfish and will not wonder why the last 100 stories have not turned out to have either happened or have any follow up

Tempted by wages so could happen but would be surprised if wewere willing to let him go easily or cheaply

Our best attacking player last season by a country mile, the club would never sell. Is this another Nursey rumour? The club has played him like a fiddle all summer.

Flaw in the Mirror report - Snodgrass can only play on the right wing or up front. We tried him on the left a few times last season but he struggled.

£5m not to bad but we need him. We won''t let him go easily.

I''d question West Hams fair play financial fiasco after Fat Sam spat his dummy when originally couldn''t sign Carroll.

[quote user="Thorny"]Flaw in the Mirror report - Snodgrass can only play on the right wing or up front. We tried him on the left a few times last season but he struggled.

£5m not to bad but we need him. We won''t let him go easily.

I''d question West Hams fair play financial fiasco after Fat Sam spat his dummy when originally couldn''t sign Carroll.[/quote]
IMO £5M is not even close to his value to us. Don''t expect the club would even listen to anything less than £13M. Would take some real lazy scouting for the Hammers to think it''s a better deal than similar players from abroad

Trying to do the maths here. Fer we got at a decent price, how much for? Rumours £5m give or take. Going rate probably right but as West Ham (without a hamstring injury or similar) whack another £2m on as I think both around the same level but Fer may drive more. £13m is going crazy and is in the top six price range for buying players (minus Arsenal who no one can work out at the moment).

From watching Snodgrass last season, he still has the flaws. Left sided play and can over/under hit passes. When they come off...perfection. He''s getting there but not worth double figures yet

Double it and I think we''d begin to consider it.

The reason why I say £10m is because we have no need to sell and Snodgrass is tied to a long term contract. We hold all the cards and therefore can extort as much money out of the situation as we so wish.

How much did Matt Jarvis go to west Ham for? 10 mil?

If Jarvis is worth that snodgrass is worth at least 12

If we were to sell we have other options but don''t think he''ll sell

£5m? [:^)]If they were willing to pay over £10m for Matt Jarvis not too long ago, then they''d have to at least match that.And even then I''d take their bid and wipe my bum with it.

IMO enquiries go on between clubs go on all the time via agents etc.  However most of the time nothing comes of the them.  On this occasion the story does smell of a large dose of speculation, with a reporters value of £5m.  Even without NCFC bias Snoddy is worth far more than £5m. That lump Charlie Adam was what? £7m when he moved to Liverpool at the time.  A decent young Champ midfielder who''d never played PL football could cost £5m and it wouldn''t raise an eyebrow.
All in all a story hacked together on some rumour.

West Ham can ''move'' for Snodgrass as much as they want, but unless they show £20 million+ there is no reason we would listen.

It really shows how far our club has come. Much like Leeds, i would normally be very worried had West Ham come in for our players. Now, a few yrs on it isn''t even an issue. There are realistically only 6-7 teams in this league that could tempt our players. The rest are no better than us.

Banana, I think I speak for the vast majority of City fans when I say what I''d love to see happen is for you to f**k off and "support" someone else. Have you been on Twitter yet to give him some abuse?

Idiot.

I honestly don''t think the money would do it. Snodgrass is now entering his 2nd season at a club that he''ll feel did ok last term and with all the new players coming in it must be quite an exciting time to be at Norwich. Plus the fact that he has quite a few mates at the club.

No goer, what ever price.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Banana, I think I speak for the vast majority of City fans when I say what I''d love to see happen is for you to f**k off and "support" someone else. Have you been on Twitter yet to give him some abuse?

Idiot.[/quote]You certainly speak for me.

The cynic in me says that this is Snodgrass and his agent angling for an improved contract.

I recall Allardyce saying in January that he had made enquiries about a ridiculous number of players without success. 40 sticks in my mind but could have been 80. So known to use scattergun tactics to see if he gets any bites.

So I suspect nothing more than that, although the improved contract speculation could be a possibility.