Sign in to follow this  
ncfc_ncfc

Salomon Kalou?

Only 2.6m release clause

Can play upfront, the number 10 role or as a wideman

Only turns 28 on August the 5th

Scored 14 in 28 last season

Well experienced for his age playing in Europe last season

Wages may be the only hiccup at roughly 40k but could probably be resolved.

Possibly a cheaper alternative to quag and may not need as much persuasion as quag would need

He''s not a good option for the number 10 role at all.

He is, or was, the pacey style striker. A poor mans Theo Walcott. Only his link up play at Chelsea wasn''t that great. They decided to play him out wide for his pace but his crossing wasn''t fantastic either.

He''d be a step up on Jackson, and a similar style player, but I would not see him as a number 10 at all. Just didn''t have the vision or the creative ability to play that role.

And if his buyout is £2.6million you''d have to ask why a team would be happy with a clause that low.

Good player but wages and ego might be a problem. From what I''ve seen of him he does seem very cocky on the ball and doesnt seem to want to pass. After what I''ve seen of Redmond, he looks like a better option.

I personally think Kalou is a much better player than many give him credit for, but he suffered at Chelsea from being regularly played far out on the wing or being asked to play a role that didn''t suit (much like Holt was for most of last season).At that price I think he''s be a genuine bargain and would definitely offer us something different upfront if we wanted to change things.This would give us goalpoachers in RvW and Hooper, a more physical option with Becchio, a quick option with Kalou, and if we brought Quag in as well - a technically gifted option to boot!That''s the sort of strike force that we couldn''t have even dreamed about 2-3 years ago, with enough quality to give even sides like Chelsea and Man Utd genuine concerns!Sign him up CH!

Always been regarded a donkey by a couple of hardcore Chelsea fans I know - they couldn''t wait to get rid of him so that speaks volumes. Only seen him play in the flesh once so like most can only comment from what I''ve seen of him on tv - and yes, I think the Chelsea boys had a very good point, looked out of his depth to be honest. May sound stupid but I don''t think he''s good enough for us currently and would end up as our modern day Clint Easton I reckon (whatever happened to him?!). It''s a no from me therefore too.

Yeah I would take him. Rumoured 40k a week though, don''t think he''s worth that. Good player. Looks like he''s off to WBA.