Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Norwich vs Cambridge

I know it''s preseason and results don''t really matter and all that but we do seem to be stringing together a pretty underwhelming set of results. Can''t help thinking it would be more worthwhile building a bit of confidence by playing a string team and notching up a couple of wins.

With all the injuries and absences our pre season doesn''t feel like its gone that smoothly this summer.

Just remember only 6 1st team players played. Butterfield and ayala who spent most of last season injured or on loan. Nash whos 150 yrs old. Fox whos about 6th choice centre midfield. Hooper whos lacking match practise and well i aint gotta excuse for wes.

someone remind me why im going to portugal on friday?

I''m there at the moment so here goes.The weather is fantastic (currently at 9.25 it''s 28), the beaches are great & the sea is warm.Beer is only €1.50 a pint so you couldn''t care less about us not beating Cambridge in a friendly

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I know it''s preseason and results don''t really matter and all that but we do seem to be stringing together a pretty underwhelming set of results. [/quote]Can''t see us winning any of the remaining 3 friendlies either so it''s looks like we''ll go into the Everton game on a long winless run.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Jim Smith"]I know it''s preseason and results don''t really matter and all that but we do seem to be stringing together a pretty underwhelming set of results. [/quote]Can''t see us winning any of the remaining 3 friendlies either so it''s looks like we''ll go into the Everton game on a long winless run.[/quote]How on earth have you worked that one out lol

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Jim Smith"]I know it''s preseason and results don''t really matter and all that but we do seem to be stringing together a pretty underwhelming set of results. [/quote]Can''t see us winning any of the remaining 3 friendlies either so it''s looks like we''ll go into the Everton game on a long winless run.[/quote]A bit crap atm I know but winning every preseason game doesn''t always bode well  #1-7

So hooper and co lose to a conference outfit.

This years record against conference sides ain''t too good. 2 losses.

I don''t care that its a friendly. They should have spanked these. Fa cup youth winners and premier league players? Yeah ok

Your absolutely right Twitchy.

It''s always a bit difficult to see what anyone gets out of games like that, but I suppose Hooper had a run as did Wes. It fits games into the preseason fitness program which is also important for the players progress towards match fitness,for a game like that the result doesn''t matter.

What will be more important for me is to see how we play in the last couple of friendlies when presumably Hughton will be very close to formulating final combinations for the Everton game.

ideally from here on in we''d be using these last 3 friendlys to hone our first XI.......but with potentially 5 first teamers seemingly struggling for fitness at the monent (Bassong,Turner,Olsson,Johnson,Pilkington) it looks like it might still be a way off?

You are all pathetic. The goal for a friendly game is to gain fitness and gel as a team not necessarily win. We could lose our last three friendlies 10-0  and I still wouuldn''t be worried for the Everton game.

Winning is winning.

They should have beaten them doing handstands all game.

A kick about is something you do with mates in the park.

Players worth £5 million more than enough to buy the Cambridge team and ground should run the show and shine.

Not lose.

That''s 1 goal in the last 4. Oh dear

If I was gonna be worried about anything from this game, it''d be that our youngsters might not be as good as we first thought.

But quite frankly I couldn''t care less about pre-season, so I''m not worried

1993 Pre season in Scandinavia as the Pinkun have been tweeting all week:

Norwich City have beaten Krylbo IF 15-0 - the biggest win by a touring English club in Scandinavia

Wonder what happened that season????

Winning is a habit pre-season or not. I''m concerned. as I was last year, by the lack of goals again. Hope to be proved wrong with the next three games.

Tell you what, why don''t a few of us volunteer to get a team up of Pink Un posters to play out FIRST team?

That should get their confidence levels up.

I''ll go on the wing because I''m a big unit, can''t trap a medicine ball, and have no pace. Anyone with small hands want to be goalie?

If winning is a habit, what happened in our pre season before the league 1 campaign, oh yeah we won them all and we all know what happened in that 1st game. We didnt have a grear pre season last season and still managed to finish 11th.

Pre season games mean very little, if you win against glorified pub sides do you think it really helps much? in any case the more relevant pre-season would be the one from 92, when we did pretty shockingly and yet finished 3rd, 1993/4 was effectively the start of our downfall.

Yesterday''s game was an under 21 side with a couple of first teamers, along with Hooper who got a run-out after coming back from injury, as a more realistic ''first'' team had played the previous night. It will have no more bearing on our season than it would if we had won 3-0.

Pre season results mean NOTHING

The performance has some importance though IMHO. As long as there are signs of things being tried and taken on board that''s all that matters

Yup, scoring virtually no goals in pre-season means nothing..... it''s not even a concern is it ?. Let''s just hope we start scoring goals when we play Everton etc.

Funny thing is, if we had have beaten them everyone would be moaning about Cambridge only being a conference team and that the win doesnt matter!

[quote user="Nicko"]Funny thing is, if we had have beaten them everyone would be moaning about Cambridge only being a conference team and that the win doesnt matter![/quote]Well, the win doesn''t matter but constant defeats do IMO.

United and Villa have lost a few low key games - will they have a bad season? Are their fans worried?

Nothing but eventually reaching full match fitness matters in pre season ... it never has and it never will.

The only reason some fans scrutinise them to such a ridiculous degree is because they are bored that the COMPETITIVE season hasn''t started yet and finished a good while ago.

[quote user="Nicko"]United and Villa have lost a few low key games - will they have a bad season? Are their fans worried?[/quote]Nope, because they have proven Prem goalscores in Van Persie and Benteke. We don''t have that and so I am a bit concerned, but not worried yet.