Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Brighton Vs Norwich Match Thread

[quote user="Stig"]Another anonymous pre-season game from RVW...?[/quote]Worrying stuff this alright better get his act together quick or else.

RVW showing good hold up play according to the bloke watching on Sky Sports News earlier.Very interested to see him play alongside the likes of Hooper in a two-man strikeforce before the season starts. Assuming Hughton gives this a go. I''m sure he will.

RVW has come very close in most games to scoring a few, he will find his shooting boots. The serious stuff starts at Everton, I''m sure he''s banging them in during training

Oh wow people getting doubts over RVW already. I thought it would be 20 mins into the Everton game before that would happen.

Pre-season results are meaningless. Barcelona just drew 2-2 to a Polish team and Neymar didn''t score. I bet they aren''t panicking.
Cardiff just lost 3-2 to Brentford, and that makes our result look good in comparison.

Haha, I''m not doubting the guy for the season ahead! I''m just looking forward to his first goal in a norwich shirt. Keep your wigs on :)

[quote user="paul moy"]Brighton are trying to avoid injuries so probably not giving 100%.
[/quote]

And I suppose we are trying to get injuries and are probably giving 100%. What a comment!

"Joanna Grey"Following the pinkun match stream. Jeez, where do these people come from? Worse than Canary Call.

Bit crap weren''t it. I see Ged Steero is still at it!

Prepared for the “binner alert” calls but genuinely worried for us this season. Last season our preseason was crap and looked at how we started, I don’t go with it’s all about fitness, winning is a mentality.

This is Houghton’s second season, so he should have the tactics nailed on by now, I don’t think we’ve learned the lessons from last year. It took two gung ho performances right at the death to save us, these left us in a flattering position by the end of the season. Our squad has improves significantly, but look at the stats, in our last 25 games including preseason, 3-4 wins?

I think Hughton will be sacked after this outlay within 15 games, simply because his tactics are too negative for the modern game.

Don''t fall into the "last xxx games" statistics trap, Bill. You could choose the number of games to go back any way you like in order to show how good/bad/indifferent our form is.

NCFC... unbeaten in 1!

"Prepared for the “binner alert” calls but genuinely worried for us this season. Last season our preseason was crap and looked at how we started, I don’t go with it’s all about fitness, winning is a mentality.

This is Houghton’s second season, so he should have the tactics nailed on by now, I don’t think we’ve learned the lessons from last year. It took two gung ho performances right at the death to save us, these left us in a flattering position by the end of the season. Our squad has improves significantly, but look at the stats, in our last 25 games including preseason, 3-4 wins?

I think Hughton will be sacked after this outlay within 15 games, simply because his tactics are too negative for the modern game. "

Binner

Just seen the goals on SSNBright scored a brilliant brilliant goal.Becchio and Wolfswinkel should have scored. Wolfswinkel needed to life his shot. Becchio... needs to header better !

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Just seen the goals on SSNBright scored a brilliant brilliant goal.Becchio and Wolfswinkel should have scored. Wolfswinkel needed to life his shot. Becchio... needs to header better ![/quote]Bright* Lift*And I need to learn to spell better

It took two gung ho performances right at the death to save usnot true at allwe could have been beaten 10 nil in each game and we would have still been safe

[quote user="Bill Car"]Prepared for the “binner alert” calls but genuinely worried for us this season. Last season our preseason was crap and looked at how we started, I don’t go with it’s all about fitness, winning is a mentality. This is Houghton’s second season, so he should have the tactics nailed on by now, I don’t think we’ve learned the lessons from last year. It took two gung ho performances right at the death to save us, these left us in a flattering position by the end of the season. Our squad has improves significantly, but look at the stats, in our last 25 games including preseason, 3-4 wins? I think Hughton will be sacked after this outlay within 15 games, simply because his tactics are too negative for the modern game.[/quote]

Absolutely not so. I''m afraid you are talking complete nonsense. Every team finishes in the position it deserves to finish. The season lasts for 38 games and you play every other team twice. Your position at the end of the season completely reflects the success, failure or otherwise of your season. To think anything other than this is simply ridiculous.

Fair point city first, but before the West Brom match we we’re far from safe after a disastrous run, our last two wins shot us up the table.

Webbo, frankly I disagree, in this context are you saying that if a team won all of its first half of matches and lost all of its second half of matches you shouldn’t be worried in the following season as the team earned a respectable league position? I know this is just an example but I do find our form worrying.

I do find it amusing that people actually take pre-season games as serious indicators of what is to come, rather than just the run around and getting to know how each other play, which is what it is

The problem is Bill the table is over 38 games, The dates you play teams will always distort the picture but it evens itself out at the end.You might just as well claim that the inside lane runner in the 400 yards was only saved from being beaten by having a shorter distance in the last bit of the race.Likewise we were not in a false position because it reflected what the clubs around us did, failed to add to their points atlly over those two games ie their points total was over the whole season as well.