Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Lawro demoted

Good, might not have to listen to him on Saturday nights anymorehttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2382538/Mark-Lawrenson-handed-reduced-role-BBC-coming-season.html

I''ve loathed Lawro for years, and not in a playful ''isn''t he a card'' kind of way. I actually want to punch him in the face. He''s a miserable, tossp0t and the sooner he gets off my TV the better.

Jonzey, couldn''t agree with you more!!!!!!!!!!

The man is an egotistical pr1ck IMO, Whenever I saw him being a "pundit" just turned over!

Now to get rid of Strachen as a "pundit"!!!!!

"Presenter Gary Lineker will be joined in the studio by Alan Shearer, Alan Hansen and a range of new faces, including Gianluca Vialli, Gus Poyet, Robbie Fowler, Les Ferdinand, Michael Owen and Robbie Savage."

Let''s rate the new boys!

Vialli - was very good during the Confed Cup coverage, thought he was an intelligent and likeable bloke.

Poyet - pretty good too from what I''ve seen.

Fowler - utterly bad pundit.

Ferdinand - never actually seen him as a pundit, so who knows.

Owen - Made by Geppetto, just like Shearer.

Savage - cockgoblin.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]"Presenter Gary Lineker will be joined in the studio by Alan Shearer, Alan Hansen and a range of new faces, including Gianluca Vialli, Gus Poyet, Robbie Fowler, Les Ferdinand, Michael Owen and Robbie Savage."[/quote]Could have been worse, they might have got Garth Crooks

looks like someone took jake humpreys comments to heart!

shearer is even worse than lawro - sooner he is ditched the better

just need townsend to get the push now

Presenter Gary Lineker will be joined in the studio by Alan Shearer, Alan Hansen and a range of new faces, including Gianluca Vialli, Gus Poyet, Robbie Fowler, Les Ferdinand, Michael Owen and Robbie Savage." .
Yes! First decent pundit the BBC have had since they let Lee Dickson go.

Delighted we''ll see less of Lawro next season. I surely don''t need to list the vast number of reasons why this pleases me so much.The MOTD pundit line-up just looks so devoid of personality and charisma though. Vialli is alright, and I do like how Savage speaks his mind rather than read directly out of the standard ''How to be a football pundit'' manual, but the others don''t excite me at all. Shearer and Owen... good God. I''ve seen more interesting sticks.Sky have the trump card in Gary Neville. Never thought I''d enjoy his punditry when I first heard he was joining the Sky team, but he is the one they should all look up to. The in-depth analysis he provides and the knowledge of the game he displays is almost unrivaled on our TV screens. Not many even come close.

Problem with ex players etc as pundits is bias. Some will like, most will hate. Like a good scripted villain in a film. You go back to hate them more. It''s bad though when the villains tend to be from high profile clubs.

Didn''t like Lawro, though he had some weird humour in his Euro/World Cup games (if you listened closely in SA). Townsend though is the worst for us being a Judas....Danny Mills closely behind.

bit disapointed Colin Murray has been axed from MOTD 2.Hopefully this mean a return to channel 5 NFL, he was very good on there.

yes the amount of times he said ''''no doubt about that whatsoever'''' only to be proved wrong or be well wide of the mark, was laughable. Most are very good at stating the obvious, but sometimes he couldn''t even do that.

I don''t mind Lawro - he doesn''t take it too seriously which is what I find nice about him. Sometimes Sky Sports or other pundits try to hype things up to a ridiculous level, making it sound like life or death or that every minor thing is ''vital'' or ''monumental''. Lawro is a lot more sedate which is refreshing.

Having said that, I love Garth Crooks for the exactly opposite reason. He tried and tested method of;

1) lean forward

2) Say something contraversial

3) lean back

4) grin while Savage, Logan et al go crazy

Gets me everytime.

good article here

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/13289#.Ufuj843tbDE

MotD is nothing more than a tired, old boys club and has been for years, just like the presenters. Shearer offers nothing more than the tedious "never get *insert anyone* to buy a drink" etc. Preferred Lawro to him or Hanson., who is clearly a ****.

[quote user="mr lister"]oops Strachan I meant! Little bloke with a chip on his shoulder!!!![/quote]

Just thought I would point out Mr Lister, Red Dwarf is 3 million YEARS from earth. Mr Rimmer will confirm this.

Best news of the week. Just Shearer and Hanson to go now