Sign in to follow this  
tonythai

City vS Braga

Wonderful piece of skill by Fer, don''t care that he lost it in the end, good to see that he has good feet and a bit of sparkle.

Braga were ranked 29th by UEFA in 11/12 and 12/13, they drew 0-0 with Hull last week and play Newcastle next weekend - they are pretty decent. No idea what side they are playing against us in terms of first choice XI, but their new season starts the same weekend as ours so they should be building their intensity right now, and you''d imagine it was reasonably close to being their best side.

[quote user="Crispy"]4-4-2 ..... Hoots can''t handle it.

4 - 5 - 1 again this season[/quote]It''s not that he can''t hadle it.... it''s an outdated formation and just doesn''t work for us.

[quote user="Monty13"]Yep, we look noticeably less composed on the ball since Hoolahan has departed.[/quote]

That''s a shame as ''Che''s right hand man'' has told us Hoolahan''s time is up and he''s barely going to play.

Going to be a long season    lol

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="Crispy"]4-4-2 ..... Hoots can''t handle it. 4 - 5 - 1 again this season[/quote]

It''s not that he can''t hadle it.... it''s an outdated formation and just doesn''t work for us.
[/quote]

Bingo.

People crying about Hoolahan .... it''s wasn''t him we were missing it''s the formation.

Howson on for Hoops and go back to 4 5 1

Can''t keep the ball at all so far this half.Looking a bit of a mess, really. Better to discover this now, I suppose.

"People crying about Hoolahan .... it''s wasn''t him we were missing it''s the formation."

Not a fan then Crispy? Personally thought him and Fer ran the midfield first half.

Well I''m glad people are saying its the formation. I missed the first half and his second half is pretty woeful. We''ve hardly touched the ball and they''d all over us. Mmmmmm.

Wish I''d seen the first 45.

I would have liked to see how a central 2 of Howson and Fer would have played, think that might be our only chance of a 442 that can actually play the ball around.

[quote user="Crispy"]Fer and Hoops best players first half[/quote]No way. Snodgrass and Hooper were !Fer seemed a little distant after his early knock

Fer was fantastic, it;s only my opinion but I think he was the best player on the park first half.