Sign in to follow this  
tonythai

City vS Braga

2-2 decent display at times for city.certainly more positives than negatives for that game.

More than happy with the first half display, can''t see us playing 442 any time soon after that second half.

Have to agree feel sorry for the Wolf, would have bagged himself a couple in the first half but hasn''t had a sniff since coming on.

We looked OK first half...... then Braga put the first team on, and it was all downhill from there.

A real tale of two cities. Dynamic and creative in the first half. Slow and rigid in the second.Great first impression of Fer and Hooper. Didn''t even notice RvW. Not his fault though, and a reminder that strikers depend on a midfield capable of supplying them with the ball.

[quote user="Sooty57"]We looked OK first half...... then Braga put the first team on, and it was all downhill from there.[/quote]

Idiot.

What I learnt today ...

Hoots is a one trick Pony when it comes to formation .... BUT we played damn well. It will be enough again this year but hopefully as the season plays out he can learn another tactic.

Players wise. Fer is a boss. I think he is going to have a great season and help with our ball retention and in turn create more chances for us this season thru the middle, we really lacked that last season.

Hoops looks sharp and hungry.

Olsson looks decent going forward and has the pace to track back.

Tettey looking mediocre.

Whittaker was enjoying the fast pace and looked a bit sloppy in our box.

[quote user="Barking Mad Barclay Boy"][quote user="No1PantWetter"]

Well that''s it then we are getting relegated, hooton out, plus isn''t hooper carrying a few extra pounds

[/quote]

- its funny because you are a retard.[/quote]Give the troll a chance... it was his first post !!  [:D]

Really a great run out against a very decent team, played at what I thought was a good pace for a friendly,plenty of tackles going in and every one put in a decent shift. I would guess that CH and his coaching team got out of that what they wanted and for me and probably everyone else who watched it Fer and Hooper were our two stand out players with mention to Bunn who looked very assured.

Olsson seems to be the guy you ask to do a job and he does it for you quietly and in a professional manner. You can trust him to just get on with it.Garrido however is the guy you tell to do a job, he does it really well but every now and then you catch him nipping out for a 5 minute break. But then every few weeks he does something amazing and you just forgive him for everything

My only critism of these games is that CH has been talking alot about the side gelling together,For that to happen they need to be playing togther,Our better players and the players I feel will be starting against Everton, have not played much together.

Hooper impressed, a lot stronger than I had realised.

Fer also, great addition.

A good workout. Excellent first half but poor 2nd. I''m in Portugal & it''s pretty hot down here - still 30 degrees at 10.30pm when the game finished - so we were bound to fade a bit.Overall there were more positives than negatives and there will have been a few lessons learnt. Braga are no mugs so a 2-2 is more than satisfacory.Onwards & upwards.

Looked better with Turner at the back; less so in second half after he was subbed. Overall a pretty useful performance against a good side. Not forgetting there was still a lot of experimenting with personnel and formations, which is after all what pre season is all about.

my man of the match Leroy fer by a mile what a player,hooper took his goals very well.could not retain possession in the second half which was the main problem of the second half.just wished the wolf could have had more chances to prove himself

Apart from the first goal where he looked at least partly to blame (need to see it again) I thought Bennett R looked pretty good as well.

First half Fer, Hooper, Snodgrass and Hoolahan all looked very good imo. Some decent displays from Olsson and Whittaker. No one was particularly poor in that half. Bunn looked good throughout as well from what I saw.

Second half less said the better, friendly''s are all about experimentation though, now please don''t do it again.

2-0 up and comfortable. playing some brilliant football.Change the formaiton to 4 4 2 and bring on some new players and everything went downhill.But that wouldn''t happen in a Premier League game so I leave this one in a very happy mood.Hooper really does look exciting. Feel sorry for the Wolf. When will he be fed !

Apologies Sooty, was enjoying that game till the second half.

Think we need to seriously think about whether we need another striker or whether we need an AM.

Can''t see us playing 2 out and out strikers in a game, keeping 3 top class ones happy would be a struggle.

Think we need to go in heavier for Toivonen, really persuade him!

Well now, my previous posts re pre season and Hoots reveals my fears about our manager and our formations etc but I thought we looked really impressive first half and a class outfit.

Ok second half was disappointing but these friendlies always have a certain amount of ''arrangement''. As others have said poor old RVW drew the short straw for the second half but overall I felt much happier with that performance.

Are you reading this Lavanche (Avalanche) :-)

[quote user="CDMullins"]My only critism of these games is that CH has been talking alot about the side gelling together,For that to happen they need to be playing togther,Our better players and the players I feel will be starting against Everton, have not played much together.[/quote]
Very true CDM.  We certainly haven''t had a whiff of a starting line up yet, but I think injuries have played a part.  You would think CH would start with Turner and Seb, unless we sign another CB. And no Pilks at the moment too.  Still a while to go in the transfer window so a starting XI is anyone''s guess really. I expect there''ll be a thread once a week, at least, for all our selections.  Judging from tonight, if we started Saturday, Hoops Hooly and Fer would start.  No goals for RvW yet though.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]2-0 up and comfortable. playing some brilliant football.

Change the formaiton to 4 4 2 and bring on some new players and everything went downhill.

But that wouldn''t happen in a Premier League game so I leave this one in a very happy mood.

Hooper really does look exciting. Feel sorry for the Wolf. When will he be fed !
[/quote]

17th August.

Don''t forget that they flew down there this morning as well. I know it''s business class but they have done a lot of travelling the past few weeks.

Come on people 2-2 against a very well regarded team, ok we were 2 up but we trying to find our best team and formation! Give the lads a break! Getting boring seeing alot of people just moaning about pre season! And RVW has to adapt to new team, new pace and different culture!