Sign in to follow this  
tonythai

City vS Braga

Even last year whenever Hoots would chase a game by going 4 4 2 we wouldn''t see the ball.

It''s 4 - 5 - 1 or we look clueless.

Fer will be a HUGE player for us this season, great signing. How did Olsson play? Another player I think will allow us to counter attack quicker from the back.

This is like the polar opposite Ricardo, we bossed the first half and looked very good.

We looked good first half am happy with that.

Think players are confused with formation since break, retention been a problem.

City passing the ball quickly and to feet again now - good stufff!!

[quote user="Crispy"]We looked good first half am happy with that.

Think players are confused with formation since break, retention been a problem.[/quote]Unfortunately it''s a game of 2 halves.

Butterfield looks like he has been hitting the weights with Bradley Johnson.

With a bit of strength I think he could possibly be a useful player to have around.

I think Braga have stepped up second half, too, and as others have said this is a team who finished 4th in their league last season, won the league cup too.

confused with formation? looks confused on how to play football, cant get possession in their half, cant pass a few times without giving it away, every ball that gets pumped into our box makes me worry as they look un nervy at the back.... dont think ive seen a shot from our players second half

Too slow and too square, no penetration and leaving ourselves wide open to the counter. Odds on to lose this now.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Crispy"]We looked good first half am happy with that.

Think players are confused with formation since break, retention been a problem.[/quote]Unfortunately it''s a game of 2 halves.[/quote]

Yes but it is meaningless as Hoots would not revert to 4 4 2 at half time in a real game when leading 2 - 0 so result now is meaningless. Am excited and more confident after the first half display than I have been for a while.

This is really a great run out and plenty of positives, we only lost a way as a result of the changes and experimentation, which is expected when they are trying new players etc. Shape is back again now albeit not like in the first half. 

We have changed half the team. It makes a difference! Good passing is based on anticipation and understanding, it''s easily upset by changes to people and formations.

Feel sorry for RVW .... had he been in the starting 11 he''d have been given a few chances. This 11 now are sluggish.

Hoping he gets a fair crack in 1 of the remaining home games

feel sorry for wolf, hasn''t even had a sighter, really poor attacking play this half. 1st braga goal was poor defending, hope we get another centre half in.