Sign in to follow this  
tonythai

City vS Braga

[quote user="Barking Mad Barclay Boy"][quote user="No1PantWetter"]

Well that''s it then we are getting relegated, hooton out, plus isn''t hooper carrying a few extra pounds

[/quote]

- its funny because you are a retard.[/quote]

Oh yer I look like such a retard for your failing to spot the sarcasm in my post.

Just amazes me some of the post on here lately where in some peoples mind the results of a few friendlies has already decided our season.

Plus if Hooper hadn''t scored 2 tonight someone would of said he looks overweight!

[quote user="Crispy"]What I learnt today ...

Hoots is a one trick Pony when it comes to formation [/quote]I assume this is meant to be a joke?

Garrido and Whittaker are not true defenders as far as I can tell- both good when we have the ball neither up to it against a winger.What the hell was Garrido doing so far behind the defensive line for the equaliser? Olson has to be first choice on that side and I still think we need a right back with more pace. Maybe EB can be trained up??I am not worried about relegation but it still feels like a long hard season ahead to stay out of that mix. We looked capable at times in the first half (I missed the first 20 minutes so maybe we completely dominated that and I am being overly harsh?) but the second half team they had out would have still scored a couple and certainly a PL side would.RVW is looking like poor value for money so far, I''m sure there is plenty to come from him but with Hooper looking sharp how much will he get to play? He does not look a player who can create chances for himself against strong defenders- and he''ll meet plenty of them in England.Hoolahan''s spark is essential to creating anything but he is too lightweight physically and we can''t rely on him in every game, we need him to be high quality backup/sub against tired players and a new signing to be first choice there.On the plus side- Hooper looks sharp, Fer looks very good, as does Olson, and Bassong, Pilks and BJ all to come back into things.So far I''m sticking with a 14th place prediction with next summer''s signings to complete the picture.

We looked really sluggish after the break. Did the subs really make so much difference?

Without one of either Turner or Bassong our defence worries me.

And Wes. Still ludicrously underestimated by so many supporters. He can get out of tight situations like nobody else.

He is still our most creative player. Sometimes it doesn''t come off. What is frequently ignored is that we have no other player who could EVER provide that level of skill & creativity.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Crispy"]What I learnt today ...

Hoots is a one trick Pony when it comes to formation [/quote]I assume this is meant to be a joke?[/quote]

No I am not Joking .... only time Hoots has changed formation and gotten a possative outcome was KK Vs. Everton and that was down to the player and not the tactic. I think it''s plain to see Hoots is looking for a plan B to his 4 - 5 - 1 and is struggling.

Don''t take this negativly tho .. I feel his 4-5-1 can get us 9th Place

I think I am right in saying that quite a few of the players that played most of the game, hadn''t had much game time before today - so I can see why they may have trailed off energy wise towards the end.

Lots of positives to take away from the game to me.

Hooper and Fer not only class on the ball but they appear to be on the same wavelength as the likes of Hoolahan and Snodgrass. Fer is strong and powerful but also has quick feet and a healthy amount of technical ability.

Olsson looked sharp as well.

Second half was interesting. I think they were far more settled than us which led to a few issues.

But from what I can see Hooper and Wolfswinkel could both probably play either as the forward or as the player in the hole.

Wolfy didn''t get much in the way of service in the second half but there were plenty of examples of class, nice little one touch passing as well as dropping deep to hold up the play a little and then knocking it back to midfielders etc.

I was also impressed with Butterfield. I really didn''t know what to expect but he looked stronger than before and was instantly trying to make things happen going forward and to link with Wolfswinkel.

Redmond seemed pacey but raw. E.Bennett I thought looked shaky at times, really didn''t get into the game.

The defence was a bit at sixes and sevens. R.Bennett wasn''t able to stay in front of his man, Garrido possibly at fault for the second although it could also have been whoever was calling the line.

It was clear that we will need another solid centre back. R. Bennett is good but just needs to up his game a little bit more.

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]Yellow Shirt maybe you should wait until RVW has kicked a ball in a Premier League Game before you judge?

So far hes had fuck all service[/quote]

Did he not say ''RVW is looking like poor value for money so far'', I cant highlight the relevant bit but the clue is he also wrote ''so far''. I think this is fair as ''so far'' he hasn''t scored a goal and he is our record signing and is also a striker.

[quote user="HoltsDerbyDayHattrick"]Yellow Shirt maybe you should wait until RVW has kicked a ball in a Premier League Game before you judge?

So far hes had fuck all service[/quote]Not meant as judgement on him at all- sorry, it DID read like that.I just mean to say playing 1 up front will he get the nod over Hooper who looks more like hitting the ground running?His game isn''t about creating chances for himself but he looked like he felt he had to come deep and search for it tonight. When he did he looked fairly easily knocked off the ball.

It was great to see some of the new players in a more competitive situation, even though it was supposed to be a friendly.  Good first half too.  Second half was more of an exercise in giving players game time, lost cohesiveness completely - but then Braga had come out fighting to get  their self-respect back after being 2-0 down, so it was hardly a surprise they came back into it.  Hooper looks as if  he is the real deal.  Fer looks brilliant too.  Strength in depth is the key this season.  We look as if we may have that, once all the players are fit.

i think trying to judge any of them so far is a bit daft. next 2 games are more important. one thing that is for sure, the midfield will be much better this season, pace and power + technical ability (redmond and fer), something we lacked last seasongive it a rest on wolfswinkle, the bloke is the clubs biggest signing, hes probably quite aware of it as well what with all the press shoots etc etc, hooper under less pressure but wolf has been talked about for some time and with high expectations, some of you lot even dribbling on about top scorer in the division ffs. He wont need punters getting on his back if he has a slow start

lets face it if we are going 451 then one of hooper and wolf will be dissapointed, especially given hughtons inability to make a change before the 79th minute, could be even more interesting if we are genuinely after another striker like quagmire

also, if we are going to have a scapegoat this season, can we make it carlo nash, placing my dead grandfather in his coffin across the goal line would be more effective than that fatty tree like creature ;)

451 with hooper behind wolf or vice versa?! What does that do for wes? Or will we go 41212? Tough call I don''t want us to spend £14 mil on 2 strikers just to play 1

i think it will be one or the otheror A. N. Otherreckon we will see johnson, howson, fer as the midfield 3 with redmond and snoddy + one out of those 2 (or 3) as the lone striker.

hooper more suitable that more than wolf in many ways because hes got shoulders like a tank (no homo)

also its well worth considering that hooper knows english football, none of its new so the transition will be easier.

One good half and one poor one. Sounds a lot like too many games last season. Then, we often played flat til a halftime dressing down in the dressing room, or came out like gangbusters for the 1st 45 and shut down at halftime.

the point of a 4-4-1 / 4-5-1 , whichever we want to call it ,is that the player ''in the hole'' drops to act as an extra midfielder when required. If we''re playing Van Wolfswinkel and Hooper in the same side we should just call it 4-4-2 and be done with it as I just cant see either being comfortable in dropping back and playing that role. Anyway when did ''4-4-2'' become such a dirty phrase?!?...teams are still allowed to play it , what we need to ask ourselves is what is the right midfield to play behind it if/when we do?.....I think our best bet will be Snodgrass-Fer-Johnson-Pilkington......2 wide men who can track back and help out their full backs when necesarry, and probably our two physically strongest central midfielders to combat sides, who most of which may very well be outnumbering us in the midfield department. Fer will be absolutely key to any success with this as he appears to be a midfielder who can not only defend but break forward in support aswell...not something we have had in Johnson or Tettey or see enough of in Howson.

@GJL

On paper 442 sounds like a grand idea ..... but Hoots can''t get that to work.

Can only see it doing a job at Home Vs. a newly promoted or team out of form.

[quote user="Crispy"]@GJL

On paper 442 sounds like a grand idea ..... but Hoots can''t get that to work.

Can only see it doing a job at Home Vs. a newly promoted or team out of form.[/quote]

you say he can''t get it to work but the problem with the 2nd half in tonights game is that he didnt try it, instead when he brought RVW on he dropped a sharp looking Hooper back into the hole which totally nulified his game and he no longer was a threat.

My point is , if we have them both on the pitch, lets just be bold about what we''re doing and play 2 out and out strikers with 2 wingers to get crosses into them.

I''ve been watching NCFC fo 34 years now of which probably 28 of them featured us playing a 4-4-2.......this isn''t a new thing?..and I wonder whether the basics of this way of playing have been forgotten or whether coaches are overcomplicating the matter.

Man United still adopt this system, and it still seems to work for them??

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]Yeah, HC, let''s not factor in a complete change in tactical approach and a load of substitutions[/quote]

COTW, I was only pointing something out tbat hadn''t been mentioned on the pages I''d read. From those pages it was made obvious player and strategy changes had been made but It''s still worth pointing out this somewhat disconcerting trend. Why weren''t the subs jacked up like the team in the first half? Why can''t the team come out guns blazing both halves?

Whatever tactic fires up the team should be used both halves. It''s kinda frustrating to see 2 different attitudes from essentially the same team each game. Or most games. Get ''em fired up and keep it going for the entire game.

People that make predictions off the back of a pre-season friendly - MORONS.

People that are judging Gary Hooper based on his apparent size - MORONS

People predicting our final league position, BASED ON A PRE SEASON FRIENDLY - Cancerous Morons.

Norwich Fans with your STUPID negativity and pessimism.. STOP GIVING OTHER NORWICH FANS, AND THIS CLUB, A BAD REP.

Ring Canary Call or something, at least only a few thousand people listen to that, your posts on here are for the world to see.

F uck me.....

And you are giving City fans a good reputation?!

Argue with these people rather than barracking them.

[quote user="OT-F-BC"]People that make predictions off the back of a pre-season friendly - MORONS.

People that are judging Gary Hooper based on his apparent size - MORONS

People predicting our final league position, BASED ON A PRE SEASON FRIENDLY - Cancerous Morons.

Norwich Fans with your STUPID negativity and pessimism.. STOP GIVING OTHER NORWICH FANS, AND THIS CLUB, A BAD REP.

Ring Canary Call or something, at least only a few thousand people listen to that, your posts on here are for the world to see.

F uck me.....[/quote]You''re the MORON for using such language on a BB.   A BB is for debate so you will therefore get all types of opinions so respect them and accept them or please leave us alone to debate intelligently, tolerantly and without bullying and abuse, which is what the majority are here for. You are obviously not here for that, so troll off !!!