Sign in to follow this  
Kangaroo Court

Richard West, Arsenal v Norwich, Tottenham, Bale

Anyone considered this. If that dodgy linesman Richard West hadn''t given the game to Arsenal, Tottenham would have been in the CL and none of this Bale saga would be happening. And how many penalties did Tottenham get last season?

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Anyone considered this. If that dodgy linesman Richard West hadn''t given the game to Arsenal, Tottenham would have been in the CL and none of this Bale saga would be happening. And how many penalties did Tottenham get last season?[/quote]

Do we care?  

Water under the bridge........

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]Anyone considered this. If that dodgy linesman Richard West hadn''t given the game to Arsenal, Tottenham would have been in the CL and none of this Bale saga would be happening. And how many penalties did Tottenham get last season?[/quote]

I still cannot understand why Arsenal got that penalty.

I was at the game, have seen it replayed since and I just dont get it.

He was a terrible linesman. The worst decisions that I can remember.

But as you say it was last season so we move on. Just remember his name........

I hate to say it but he had a poor game but it wasn''t near the worst performances I have seen. We should never have got the FK for our goal. The penalty was the correct decision possibly not a corner but I could never work out which way it should have gone. My instinct said it should''t have been but I don''t remember seeing anything conclusive.

Anyway as I said last season doesn''t matter we didn''t lost out by it and Spurs would have lost another game at some point to throw it away like the season before. Bale would have probably moved anyway

I wouldn''t mind seeing it again now the dust has settled because I and a lot of others were fuming at the time.

I also had Spurs brothers giving me grief, which made me ultra defensive.

I tend to be quite good at being rational about ref''s decisions as at the end of the day some swing our way and some against. Also I watch the incident and I complain but when I see the replay I change my mind quite quickly

My uncle is an Arsenal fan (most of that side of the family are from London, he grew up in North London) and even he was laughing at how he felt that Arsenal needed the help of the officials in that game.

Says a lot when you have Arsenal fans stating the decisions shouldn''t have been given and clearly helped them.

I had another look on youtube and initial reactions about the penalty were justified,but the ref should take a lot of flak as well.Gutless.

I did find this clip which is amusing.Colin having a kick-off[:D]

http://youtu.be/-mllRcW1wLE

I can see why people think it isn''t a pen at first but it just was you can''t pull the player down. Have to say though I don''t know one Arsenal fan who feels the ref helped them out any more than Norwich and I know a lot of Arsenal fans

No you can''t just pull another player down which is why it was more galling that he didn''t give us a free kick when Bassong was hauled down for their second.

(And the third was clearly offside, but it was the 2nd that made the difference)

If the ref has a better view of an incident then the linesman should leave it to him. He wasn''t even following the rules. And three bad calls in a row from the same clown is unforgivable and completely changed the outcome of the season (not ours fortunately but it could have been).

Yeah but the right call was made. Have to admit I have forgotten about the second goal. Shouldn''t be forgotten that we should never have got the free kick for our goal

As the away tickets were over subscribed, the only way I could see this game was by borrowing a season ticket (three actually for myself & two of my sons) & sitting amongst the Arsenal fans in the North Bank with a perfect view of the corner.

It shouldn''t have been a corner & I suspect the penalty was given because of the conversation between the linesman & Robert Snodgrass, it clearly hit a nerve! The penalty of course came from the corner.Anyone with any doubt over the linesman''s bias can be reassured that some of his decisions up to that point had been dreadful & in favour of Arsenal including not giving us a throw in even though the ball had crossed the line by a good two feet some time previous.

The Arsenal fans were definitely puzzled as to the penalty but obviously very happy to have got it as we would have been.

I even had a conversation about it just this morning with a colleague who is an Arsenal fan who felt we had been unlucky & robbed.

Yes it was last season, nothing can be done about it & we should get over it but it still rankles & I hope this man has no part in officiating Premiership football this year.