Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Steve Morison

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2383936/Steve-Morison-slams-Leeds-boss-Brian-McDermott.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490Oh Dear.Hughton and McDermott slammed by Morison.....

Obviously this is only one side of the story, but it seems fair enough really. I''d be pissed off if I''d waited 7 weeks for pre season just to be told I wasn''t needed.

Well you should say it to his face!!

I don''t see any problem with what he''s said.

[quote user="OT-F-BC"]Could some one do the good thing, and kindly point out to Steven that he''s an utter c*nt?[/quote]

You cannot beat good old obscene language from the comfort of sitting behind your laptop and this from someone who claims he works for NCFC.

Not clever.

Morison was an enigma - occasionally producing great goals - the one fired in on the run against Arsenal, and the lob from the edge of the area, but otherwise he could look very ordinary.

I could not work him out, although others were suggesting that he couldn''t be bothered at times, and it is possible that he had some kind of attitude problem, perhaps over-valuing himself or perhaps needing more delicate management.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="OT-F-BC"]Could some one do the good thing, and kindly point out to Steven that he''s an utter c*nt?[/quote]

You cannot beat good old obscene language from the comfort of sitting behind your laptop and this from someone who claims he works for NCFC.

Not clever.

[/quote]
When he says that he works in "hospitality" he probably means that he flogs people cornish pasties and bottles of carling at half time. 

To be fair, he didn''t criticise Hughton. He just said he wasn''t in favour, fair enough. He got his chance and got injured. I''d imagine these days with fitness such a massive thing in foorball at the elite level, 1 little injury can take a good year to properly recover from. I think the move to Millwall will do him good.

He''s entitled to his opinion. But the real reason is...

He''s just a lower championship quality player.

Sooner he realises that the better. Hence millwall

I was at the Wigan game on his debut and for someone who was making their first appearance for a new club, in the premier league, I was shocked at how lazy and uninterested he looked. I don''t buy into the cr@p that it was ''just his style'' or anything like that, talent aside, he has an attitude which isn''t compatible with most clubs, he was bad news for us and hughton could see that, Becchio coming here was simply to get rid of Moro. Not surprised he''s ended up back at Millwall.

Morrison seems to have a problem getting on with people and motivating himself all the time!

When he was on the mood he was very good but when he didn''t quite feel up for it he was a waste of space!

We were warned about this when he joined us!

Shame cause he''ll look back when his playing days are finished and realise he could have done much more!

OT-F-BC wrote the following post at 03/08/2013 9:36 AM:

Could some one do the good thing, and kindly point out to Steven that he''s an utter c*nt?

Didn''t slate norwich so I don''t know what your problem is?! All he said is he waited his turn an CH played 1 upfront and that was holty then Moro got his chance and torn his quad!

Some people are so fickle it''s annoying!! Does anybody call you a c*nt for speaking your mind?

[quote user="ncfc4eva"]I was at the Wigan game on his debut and for someone who was making their first appearance for a new club, in the premier league, I was shocked at how lazy and uninterested he looked. I don''t buy into the cr@p that it was ''just his style'' or anything like that, talent aside, he has an attitude which isn''t compatible with most clubs, he was bad news for us and hughton could see that, Becchio coming here was simply to get rid of Moro. Not surprised he''s ended up back at Millwall.[/quote]
I seem to remember him looking excellent against Wigan on his debut? In fact he was very good up until January, it was the last season and a half which were mostly terrible.
Against Wigan didn''t he chase a lost ball and then play it across the goal for Hoolahan to score our only goal? There was no problem with that Steve Morison, it was the Morison that became lazy and disinterested from January onwards. 
Personally I just think that he was out of depth and he knew it. Perhaps he is telling the truth about being unfit at Leeds and will do alright at Millwall. Playing for a small lower half Championship club is probably the level that he is suited to.

God some people talk utter tripe on here. By all accounts Morison was a popular member of the team and if you actually meet him, he''s a very nice guy.

He also very good at Wigan on the first day so not sure what game you were watching?

Just because a player doesn''t constantly chase down endless balls, doesn''t make him lazy

Here is the actual quote from the article;‘It’s up to him and he wanted to play one

up front. That was Grant. Each to their own. I never rang him up and

asked him because it’s not my place. I had to wait for my chance and

when it came I managed to tear my quad and that was it really.
What an absolute c**t! How dare he state that Hughton played one up front. So he didn''t play. And then when he did play he got injured. Wait. What are we angry about again?

He hasn''t said anything outrageous, but perhaps he could have scored a few more goals when his chances came.Reminds me of Bob Willis.  Not one of nature''s smilers.  The classic "type" of player to get the crowd on his back.  Getting paid big money by anyone''s standards, and looking like he''s hating every minute of it; plus not being very good - hardly a combination to get the fans on his side.

To the New Boy and others

Don''t get me wrong I do believe he is a talented player and can produce, you don''t get an international cap and score goals in the premier league if you haven''t got much about you.

It''s just I saw things in that game about him which I didn''t think suited the way NCFC were feeling as a club. We were on a real high you could see energy from so many players in the starting 11 v Wigan. I don''t think he is any kind of an animal and I''m sure he is a nice guy but you either need to be an exceptional footballer or be able to give at least a positive impressive. It seems I''m not the only one with a negative impressions about his attitude. I''m wish him well though.

OTBC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt2UI_JnzxAthere you go, all you need to remember.did a good job 90% of the time when he was given a chancetheres worse players out there, truth is lambert got more than the best out of some average players who just didnt/dont respond quite the same way under a manager with a different way of doing things

Iron stan that video shows Morison kicking the ball once. I''m afraid a lot more comes into it. Good finish though.

Holt won his place back, hughton and McDermott don''t want him. Not a bad player but you need more than that.

All opinions of course but mine is that we will never see him close to playing in the prem again.

[quote user="ncfc4eva"]To the New Boy and others

Don''t get me wrong I do believe he is a talented player and can produce, you don''t get an international cap and score goals in the premier league if you haven''t got much about you.

It''s just I saw things in that game about him which I didn''t think suited the way NCFC were feeling as a club. We were on a real high you could see energy from so many players in the starting 11 v Wigan. I don''t think he is any kind of an animal and I''m sure he is a nice guy but you either need to be an exceptional footballer or be able to give at least a positive impressive. It seems I''m not the only one with a negative impressions about his attitude. I''m wish him well though.

OTBC[/quote]
I''m not questioning the bad attitude / lack of motivation thing, I''m just disagreeing with when it started.... which in my opinion was several months after the Wigan game. His first half a season went well, he scored goals, and actually he outperformed Grant Holt for the first few months. It was the last eighteen months which were dire. If we saw the Steve Morison from the Wigan game last season then he might have got more football here.