Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

i hope preston win promotion to premiership!

does anybody else agree with me? does anybody else care? the reasons i would like preston to gain promotion are twofold: 1) they seem to have a nice bunch of supporters and; 2) it''s 40 odd years since they last played in the top flight, so you could argue that it''s their turn to join the gravy-train. also i have no great love of the hammers and their arrogant fans. who needs yet another london club in the premiership,anyway? besides which,west ham have had a good long run in the top league in recent years. come on preston!you can do it.

I''m cheering on preston too, for two reasons. I went to uninear there and so have a little affinity towards them. In additionthe fact that I think they''re a better team than west hamand would rather play the hammers than them next season.

No I disagree. Nothing against Preston but I would rather face them than West Ham next season. Preston have overperformed and good luck to them. I like the club.

West Ham are a bigger club and if they go up I think it aids our cause. So come on you Hammers!!

I just dont want the hammers to return - their arrogance is astounding and a return to the prem would be disappointing.  Another season in the fizzy pop without a parachute payment this time is what they need - another club overhyped by london media.

Preston does have its downsides too  - a crowing lawrenceson for preston and liverpool now; not sure i can bear that.  How many games will he predict they would win in the prem - more than city I better.

Anyway - comeon you lillywhites!

OTBC

Arent they one of the two clubs who can wear their home colours at any away ground so dont nee an away strip?  Reading by royal charter being the other. 

[quote]No I disagree. Nothing against Preston but I would rather face them than West Ham next season. Preston have overperformed and good luck to them. I like the club. West Ham are a bigger club and if th...[/quote]

I agree with the Vicar. If West Ham go up it improves our chances next season. On top of that, from what I saw of Preston last night, and assuming that they don''t go up, I don''t think they''ll be challenging at the top of the Championship again next season. They looked no more than an average side to me.

I''m not really bothered who goes up, because which ever one of them doesn''t make it, either will be a tough challenge to come up against next season. They''re not in the playoff final for nothing.

I mean obviously both will be tough, I would just think
west ham would be more than likely to split if they don''t go
up. etherington would leave, ferdinand may go too. maybe
harewood. sheringham may retire. where as preston will
more than likely stay together. but then in the end it
doesn''t matter because if we do our own thing other teams
should be worrying about us and not us them.

[quote]I mean obviously both will be tough, I would just think west ham would be more than likely to split if they don''t go up. etherington would leave, ferdinand may go too. maybe harewood. sheringham may r...[/quote]

Well said Rich!  Let the other teams worry about us!

i take your point, vicar. we may be better off with 2 games against preston rather than west ham. but, what ever happens it''s going to be a tough task for us to win back our premiership place next year. having said that, i shall be bitterly disappointed if we fail to make it into the top six though.

wouldnt mind westham getting it as that would be another team out of our way, but to be honest, i dont really mind