Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

He was crap but we loved him anyway

LOL at classic GP

How about, Jamie Cureton?

Poor first time out, terrible second time round, yet always seemed very well liked.

Lee Marhsall was a bit crap yet always seemed to score! i seem to remember a worldy at carrow road, Not sure vs who (Crewe or stockport maybe?)

I always liked Cedric Anselin....   thought he had much more in him than he ever showed...

...and who could overlook Dean Coney (sorry if previously mentioned, haven''t read all posts)... so bad for us he was an absolute legend

[quote user="CDMullins"]LOL at classic GP How about, Jamie Cureton? Poor first time out, terrible second time round, yet always seemed very well liked.[/quote]

Yes. He loved the club apparently but he just didn''t love it enough to break into a sweat on the pitch.

Another vote for Gary Doherty

Only that I didn''t love him and it used to infuriate me that most of our fans did. Average player who was frankly a liability in defence and stifled our progression as a football club. Hey I''m a nice guy, perhaps I could have got a game upfront for Norwich back then?

Thank god times have changed and now we actually have defenders of real quality at the club.

Some players we think are good just because we have a song

for them. Most tunes of which are stolen from other clubs and put to their

names.

david nielsen is a great shout. Would celebrate winning every corner and try and pump up the crowd. It''s almost like we signed a completely different player after his initial loan performances though.

A bit left field but I couldn''t get mad at Trevor Benjamin. He simply wasn''t good enough but he tried to bulldoze his way around the pitch hoping it might do some good.

[quote user="mrdi"]

In recent times, I couldn''t fail but have a soft spot for The Doc - so bad upfront we put him at the back (where arguably he did more damage at times), turning circle of a broken A380 aircraft, tackling more akin to amateur rugby, slower than an overloaded milkfloat, but still... couldn''t not like him. Of course, there were times he''d put himself in the way of things that nobody else would, but still...[/quote]

Though this was 2 or 3 pages ago, this is the funniest thing I''ve read so far this week

Has Chris Llewellyn been mentioned?

I always thought he had great potential. But he looked like a good example of a young player thrown into first team action too early and whose development suffered because of it. Or maybe he simply wasn''t quite good enough. I don''t know.

My two personal candidates for this award are:

Pape Diop: Always looked like to trip over the ball at any moment but won big brownie points for that QPR incident which may have got him deported?!

Brian McGovern: Absolutely terrible but that goal versus Tranmere kept us up, laid the foundations for a cracking day out in Cardiff and Premiership football soon after.

Perennial crybaby Gingerpele in being a perennial crybaby shock horror. It''s only a football forum, jesus, I do worry if online personas are any reflection.

Anyway before I get banned for bullying I''d like to nominate the aforementioned Jon Otsemobor for lighting up our lives with all the blistering pace of a man who has been shot in the @rse and all the defending ability of a man who er......had been shot in the @rse

Haha, how on earth am I being a cry baby?

Lol, quite happily admitted I know most people don''t agree with me on Fozzy... But what ever, if it makes you happy to assume I actually take this forum seriously (especially recently) then go for it, like I said I''m the one who knows me...

Glad you don''t take the forum seriously. Good. It''s a forum. The main problem being is that in my time observing this forum.....well, let''s just say I''ve seen fish that rise to bait less readily.

Yes I do rise to ''bait'' sometimes. But I''m also fairly sure my posting style is often confused/comes across wrong,

Wasn''t trying to make a fuss or anything in this thread, just simply starting my opinion that if someone is going to bother to reply to you, why not give some reasons.

Could have just said that, and not written how ever many paragraphs in however many posts, but where''s the fun in that?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yes I do rise to ''bait'' sometimes. But I''m also fairly sure my posting style is often confused/comes across wrong,

Wasn''t trying to make a fuss or anything in this thread, just simply starting my opinion that if someone is going to bother to reply to you, why not give some reasons.

Could have just said that, and not written how ever many paragraphs in however many posts, but where''s the fun in that?[/quote]

Well as long as you''re not bothered [;)]

Ok controversial call but for 8 out his 10 years at the club Jerry Goss was pretty shite. I used to assess how good our team was by how far away Goss was from the first 11.

But - the hair, the build, the commitment, the overwhelming optimism that he could shoot from anywhere - what was not to love!

[quote user="TheRock"]Two for me, Gary Doherty and Wilbraham. [/quote]

Wouldn''t say Doherty was "crap" throughout the period we had him. He just got too old.. and big. (Sorry Doc I love you)

My wife has said "Jim Brennan" but i think that was more because of his hair cut than his ability (kind of what the thread is about).Pacheco has to be another one for me, I really liked him as I think a lot of fans did, but honestly he was not good enough and did not get enough game time since to become the player many hoped he would.

[quote user="Josh"]Another vote for Gary Doherty

Only that I didn''t love him and it used to infuriate me that most of our fans did. Average player who was frankly a liability in defence and stifled our progression as a football club. Hey I''m a nice guy, perhaps I could have got a game upfront for Norwich back then?

Thank god times have changed and now we actually have defenders of real quality at the club.[/quote] He had a head the shape of a 50p coin, it was so funny watching him wondering where the ball was once he had headed it. Remember Worthingtons last match, that says it all.

[quote user="Rustyboy"]Ian Crook[/quote] Crooky was one of our finest ever players, team of the 80''s was built round him