Simon charlton

Marc libbra

Alan lee

Pape Diop

Dani Pacheco

Victor segura

Gaetano Giallanza

Phil Mulryne[/quote]
I think all of those are good shouts apart from them the ones in bold. Those four could never be described as ''crap'', they were all excellent players or at least very comfortable at the standard at which we were playing. Especially Keith O''Neill, that man could have gone on to true greatness if it weren''t for his spine problems. 
The rest are a good call. My favourite being Gaetano Giallanza, everybody got excited about that player. As average as you can get.I''d like to add a similarly hyped up player: Ulf Ottosson! 
Giallanza is now trying to make it as a players agent. 

[quote user="refjezdavies"]I will not have a bad word said against mark rivers

My list for what it''s worth:

Kei Kamara

Adrian Forbes

Andy Marshall

Andy Hughes

Cedric Anselin

Gary Doherty (up until his last season)

Keith O''Neill

Adrian Coote

Drewe Broughton

Chris martin

Ian ''poostick'' Henderson

Jason shackell

Leon Mckenzie

Simon charlton

Marc libbra

Alan lee

Pape Diop

Dani Pacheco

Victor segura

Gaetano Giallanza

Phil Mulryne[/quote]   [quote user="refjezdavies"]Ryan Jarvis

Dickson Etuhu

Lee croft[/quote]

Agree with you on Mark Rivers, but that''s quite a list.    .Marc Libra?Simon Charlton?Leon Mckenzie???Mulryne??  Shackell???Chris Martin?Dani Pacheco?   Popular players but not cr*p, imo.   Leon scored some really memorable goals - away at Ipswich and against MU that''s three pretty good ones, to name a few.Mulryne was a pivotal player in our promotion season - the goal at Reading?Shackell I  thought  was terrific for us.Chris Martin helped us out of league 1.

Has to be Hoooze... i think what turned it around for him was going into the crowd and threatening to take someones head off during at the end of one game with a particuarly vicious worthy out atmosphere... after that people seemed to like him... i remember  i was at an open day at the end of 2006 season and was queing for autographs with the kids and on one table was safri, that dutch right back whos name escapes me ,and hooze, hoozy was being totally ignored by everyone and one loudmouth actually said out loud to his son within ear shot that he was forbidden to go anywhere near hooze cos he was crap... i wasn''t his biggest fan but i made a huge point of getting his autograph and we all had our picture with him and he said thankyou very much and that we had made his day...  OTBC

I have to say there are some names I agree with, but there are some that can not be described as crap...especially Malky!

Here''s a new one...

david nielsen

During his loan spell he was great, but once he signed a contract went downhill.  However, he was one to really get the crowd going.  I always remember him going in front of the snakepit and making gestures to encourage the chanting.  I don''t think anyone has interacted with the crowd as much as he did.

I always had a soft spot for Henryk Mortensen back in the late 1980''s/early 1990''s. Had a shocker with injuries so never really made an impact and when he did play, looked really ineffective. Still liked him though.

Also Darren Beckford; used to get slaughtered but I liked him. Was a vast improvement on Dean Coney, anyway. (Who I actually felt quite sorry for).

Later, I agree with an earlier post about Clint Easton. I was quite a fan. I prefer to think of his successful and valuable assists than his inability to make things work 95% of the time. And his hairdo.

Conversely, I never liked Colin Woodthorpe. Or Andy Johnson. I hated Mike Sheron for the pure fact he was meant to replace Sutton. Fotheringham & co, obviously. By association, anyone Roeder signed. Darel Russell mk II - clumsy oaf with no product.

In recent times, I couldn''t fail but have a soft spot for The Doc - so bad upfront we put him at the back (where arguably he did more damage at times), turning circle of a broken A380 aircraft, tackling more akin to amateur rugby, slower than an overloaded milkfloat, but still... couldn''t not like him. Of course, there were times he''d put himself in the way of things that nobody else would, but still...

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Why do people post things like that?

Ways the point posting on a forum at all if you don''t want other people''s opinion? I never said you should agree with me, never said I want you to agree with me. You disagreed with me, so I gave you my reasons. Isn''t that what a message board is for?

I really, really don''t get why people post things like you have New Boy (and also, was going to say before have really enjoyed reading your recent posts, very sensible generally). If you don''t want to know someone''s opinion, don''t reply...[/quote]
It was the quick way of saying that I will never agree instead of writing two hundred words on why I disagree. That was me trying to be civil, the only other option was to tell you precisely why I disagreed, and then I''d have been accused of arguing! So it was lose-lose for me really, weren''t it?
You are welcome to your opinion of Fozzy dude, but I do think you fall within a firm minority. 
[/quote]

I wouldn''t have accused you of arguing, if someone has taken the the time disagree with me, which I expect as I have some odd opinions, like liking Fozzy and loving Johnson before most people were even willing to give him any credit.

Saying why you disagree isn''t arguing, it''s discussing, this is the main discussion forum. Don''t see why so many posters get caught up on this whole arguing track, sure sometimes it breaks more into ''augment'' than ''discussion'' (whatever the difference is). But no reason not to be civil about it. (And yes I''m well aware that I haven''t been in the past. But that past is getting further and further away... I think/hope anyway).

I don''t expect more than about two posters to even slightly agree with me, I did my Fozzy loving arguing way back. Seemed like me against the whole forum at times. I almost certainly know why you don''t like him, unless he did something personal to you. It''s just if you''re going to take the time to reply to me, why not spend another minute or two backing up your view?

You love getting your knickers in a twist don''t you Ginge; chill out for heavens sake.Nelson is a great shout, the Admiral is a legend but lets face it he was pretty crap wasn''t he.

I think what didn''t help Fozzy was the fact that he came with so much promice. If I remember correctly, he came with Simon Lapin as a Peter Grant signing right on the deadline of the only January transfer window Grand presided over at the club. We were all waiting for a huge signing that year, and we ended up with these 2 guys from Scotland, one possessing the ''world famous'' Fozzy flick.The other thing I''ll say about Fozzy (and I''ve made this argument with GP on the same topic before) is that since his time at Norwich, he hasn''t gone on to bigger and better things, has he? In fact, looking at his CV, you could argue playing for Norwich in the Chamionship is almost the pinnacle of his career to date.Anyway. Football always will be a game of opinions.The thing with this thread though is the relativity of the adjective ''crap''. I''d nominate Simon Lapin. I think we all loved him, especially for the way he made his way back into the squad after the ''Roeder incident''. Was he crap? At League 1 level, he was not. He was a decent squad player at Championship level. Premiership? Maybe crap is a little harsh, but I think he certainly looked out of place in our squad towards the end of his time here.But I love him all the same.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Mark Rivers now owns and runs his own chaffeuring business in the North West.

http://www.riverscorporatechauffeur.co.uk/

[/quote]

Has he only got the one car?

Big John for me. It was sad to see him at that time, we now know he was sick, even though he was immobile he still looked class, read the game so well.

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"]Gary Doherty. Utterly woeful player who so many on here adored.

Found his level in league 1 where all of a sudden he became OK alongside Jens Berthel-Askou
[/quote]

Askou! that''s a good call buddy. Doc and Nelson were head and shoulders above him as footballers. Askou was probably one of the worst centre backs I ever saw play for us but was treated as some sort of messiah!! He wins it for me[Y]

Ah, come on Nutty, what about my call of Roger Brown, I think he invented the word stopper! Askou wasn''t  as bad as him surely?

Actually, thinking about it, the clue is there for me, as in ''stopper''!

I reckon it''s close but Askou could hoof it much higher than Brown. In fact he comfortably cleared the Jarrold Stand which is some feat! [:)]

Gary Doherty was well liked by many, despite the fact that he was awful.

Finished in a lower position in the football league each year he was at the club.

As ever the criticism of Gary Doherty is unfair and wide of the mark.

Not saying he was as good as Turner or Bassong or anything like that but he was a decent player.

For most of the time he was here he was generally the better half of whatever centreback partnership we were playing.

[quote user="GJP"]

As ever the criticism of Gary Doherty is unfair and wide of the mark.

Not saying he was as good as Turner or Bassong or anything like that but he was a decent player.

For most of the time he was here he was generally the better half of whatever centreback partnership we were playing.

[/quote]

Debatable, but if true just shows what rubbish we had to watch while he was at the club. Likeable guy but awful at football.

Not as good as Turner or Bassong......damn right he wasn''t. He still has to master running without scraping his boots along the ground

Doc & Hooooozie by far the worst two player who the fans loved! I think this was down to the fact we knew we had a fairly rubbish team at the time and most of the players didn''t appear to care....Carl Robinson, Jarrett and the likes, at least the Doc & Hughes gave it their best even though they were not gifted!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]You love getting your knickers in a twist don''t you Ginge; chill out for heavens sake.Nelson is a great shout, the Admiral is a legend but lets face it he was pretty crap wasn''t he.[/quote]

Exactly what I mean. Lol.

Not getting my knickers in a twist at all. You would have though, since so many of you seem to know me so well, you would actually know something about me... Clearly not.

I have not go my knickers in a twist on this forum for a very long time. If you want to think otherwise, fine. In fact don''t know why I''m boring with this post, I know I''m not, and that''s all that really matters...