Sign in to follow this  
Stuart Jarrold

Away Ticketing System

Apologies if this has been mentioned on a previous thread but here goes.

1150 points will guarantee you a ticket for Hull away which im fine with. My question lies in the applications for the lower points Will these be balloted like in the good old days of will someone for arguements sake with 900 points get a ticket before someone with 600.

I wondered the same but I assume it will go to those with more points - surely the fairest way to do it?

I personally think the system has its flaws - I can get a guaranteed ticket for Hull but will probably have to sit on my own!

As I understand it (well for Hull anyway) once the people on 1150 points have had their change the tickets will then go out on open sale.

re the point about not getting tickets with your mates. This has not really changed from last season. We just phoned yesterday and got 4 tickets together. Of course all for had more than 1150 points.

[quote user="Stuart Jarrold"]Apologies if this has been mentioned on a previous thread but here goes.

1150 points will guarantee you a ticket for Hull away which im fine with. My question lies in the applications for the lower points Will these be balloted like in the good old days of will someone for arguements sake with 900 points get a ticket before someone with 600.[/quote]It explains on the site that they will keep going down the list of applications (ordered by points) until they fill the ticket allocation.  So someone with 200 points could get a ticket potentially.  I''d imagine if there is a large group that would take up the remaining allocation + more then they would ballot that group.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Stuart Jarrold"]Apologies if this has been mentioned on a previous thread but here goes. 1150 points will guarantee you a ticket for Hull away which im fine with. My question lies in the applications for the lower points Will these be balloted like in the good old days of will someone for arguements sake with 900 points get a ticket before someone with 600.[/quote]

It explains on the site that they will keep going down the list of applications (ordered by points) until they fill the ticket allocation.  So someone with 200 points could get a ticket potentially.  I''d imagine if there is a large group that would take up the remaining allocation + more then they would ballot that group.
[/quote]

Hadn''t read that bit. I''m now quite optimistic that with 850 points i''ll actually get to go.

I admire your optimism but given that all 22,000 season ticket holders have 1000 points then you are obviously relying on all of the tickets not being wanted by season ticket holders.

Maybe it is optimistic, will find out in a week or so. I was considering that hardly any away games were over-subscribed last season so thought i''d be in with a decent chance.

First away game of the season against newly promoted side and a whole new crop on NCFC players? I think it''ll be a sell out...

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"]Maybe it is optimistic, will find out in a week or so. I was considering that hardly any away games were over-subscribed last season so thought i''d be in with a decent chance.[/quote]

I hope you are right. Sorry did not want to dampen your optimism, I guess the fact that quite a few away games went to general sale last season means that the tickets were not all snapped up by season ticket holders and i''m not sure how many people actually bother to apply for many of these games so hopefully you will be in luck!

I got an email today saying my application for Hull was successful! Turns out 850 points was fine, absolutely buzzing.

GH''s 3 year contract - when I contacted the club about this, they said that they would email me on the 2nd August to let me know - I got the email at 17.15, right at the close of play - perhaps they are sending out some more tomorrow?

[quote user=" Badger"]GH''s 3 year contract - when I contacted the club about this, they said that they would email me on the 2nd August to let me know - I got the email at 17.15, right at the close of play - perhaps they are sending out some more tomorrow?[/quote]Ta.

When I went to the ticket office on Monday the guy told me how suprised they were that they''d hardly sold any.

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"]The email said general sale is Tuesday 6th 9am. I can buy my guaranteed one from 9am tomorrow until Monday.[/quote]As they go on sale tomorrow, do you think I''ll be able to buy the two that I applied for tomorrow?

If you applied for two and were successful (you obviously were with 1000pts) then yeah i''d assume so. Just log in and it should be unlocked for you to buy. I don''t 100% know how it works with two tickets though, could you apply for two under the same customer number and it counted as two applications with 1000 points? Just check in the morning anyway and fingers crossed it''s all opened up for you.

From NCFC facebook post....

TICKETS: All those who pre-applied for Hull away have been successful and can purchase their ticket from 9am tomorrow. 400 tickets will go on general sale from Tuesday, August 6.

Not the sell out people thought it would be.

Bump.Found purchasing Hull tickets really easy this morning. Just logged on and bought them.

Website didnt crash (not the experience I had in previous seasons) and the 50 points were added to my account straight away.

Spurs ticket details will be out soon I''d have thought? Looking forward to that one as well!I''ve just seen that Hull tickets are going  on general sale on Tuesday. Did not expect that! Up to 400 apparently!

As I understand it the old ballot system is gone and the process basically works like this with two or more "buying windows".

So, if you had the number of specified points or more (1150 in the case of Hull) you could buy a ticket immediately during the defined "buying window".

If, however, you had less than the specified points you had to pre-register during the first "buying window" for those with 1150+ points.

What happens thereafter is largely dependant on how many tickets were sold during the first "buying window". In the case of the Hull game, there were sufficent number of unsold tickets for everyone who pre-registered being entitled to get a ticket with 400 left over for General Sale from next Tuesday.

However, it seems that those who pre-registered still have to actually buy their ticket during the second "buying window", they''re not automatically send to you by the Club? No doubt someone will correct me on this if I''m wrong.

Had the number who pre-registered during the first "buying window" (which didn''t happen in this case) exceeded the number of unsold tickets after the first sale period had finished, then the club would have introduced two or more "buying windows" for all those who had pre-registered. So, as a hypothetical example, they may have said those with 1000+ points would have had Friday to buy their tickets, those with say 500+ points from Saturday (today) onwards with any then remaining unsold tickets going on General sale on Tuesday.

After 10+ years of going to at least 10 away games per season, 3 of which I was an away season ticket holder so 20 games, I am on a whopping 950 points. It should be 1000 but I bought one, formerly sold out ticket off here, fair enough. However due to the new policy someone who started going last season via home season ticket will have more priority on away games than me. Seems perfectly fair?!

Ok, I understand that there will away''s be losers on a new system (I''m part of that bunch me thinks) but it does strike me that NCFC didnt really think this through. It''s a crying shame they didnt consult any of the supporters clubs as I''m sure they (especially the non-Norwich based ones) would have seen the flaw.

I used to always slag off the old system, calling it "village" as was so out touch and antiquated. I think it''s fair to say that they new system is "town". Nearly there Norwich, nearly there.

* +4 seasons as a huum season ticket holder too I must add.

It seems to me that the demand for tickets may not be so high this season but also having regard to Spencer''s point above it also seems to me that 500 points for a st would have been fairer this putting an exiled non st holder who went to 10 away games on a par with a st holder and putting a more regular away attendee at an advantage.