Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

Shirt numbers?

With many new players joining, and many leaving, have next seasons squad numbers been confirmed yet?

Will Hooper play in his famous ''88'' ?  ( Cant find any pictures of his shirt number in the Braga game)

Who gets the No. 9 shirt ?

RVW was given the number 9 shirt a couple of weeks ago when the away shirt was released but the others haven''t been announced yet

RvW is the only confirmed shirt number, he gets No9. This was announced early as a part for the RvW name & number print deal when the away kit was announced. The rest is yet to be confirmed but I expect it could be this week since the season is getting close.

I have a friend who works at the club.He managed to get some info on this the other day... but you guys have to keep it on the hush.John Ruddy is apparently going to be wearing the number 1 shirt this season

I hope that if Hooper wants 88 he can have it - can''t see why he shouldn''t be able to have it.  Would be a nice change from all the v.Wolfswinkel shirts kicking about since the offer came out.

Re: #28; that''s Bunn isn''t it?For what it''s worth on Wikipedia, he''s #11 with Fer #10 but that doesn''t mean anything at all. Also shirt numbers pre-season don''t really tell us much as I remember Whitaker wearing #6 for all of pre-season last year before being given #3.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Re: #28; that''s Bunn isn''t it?For what it''s worth on Wikipedia, he''s #11 with Fer #10 but that doesn''t mean anything at all. Also shirt numbers pre-season don''t really tell us much as I remember Whitaker wearing #6 for all of pre-season last year before being given #3. [/quote]

Yes it was bunn last season, bunn had 16 on Friday

Hooper will probably end up in 28, been wearing it in training and wearing it in all the pre season games. Bunn in the unlucky 16 striker number.

I think, could be wrong, that Hooper wearing 88 was just something to do with Celtic rather than himself. Was it a historic year? I did used to know exactly why but can''t quite remember.

1888 was the year Celtic was founded but also 1988 was the year he was born, thats why he opted to have 88 and i believe in his interview on joining us he was asked if he was going to keep the 88 number, and he said he would like too but it was up to the club, so more than likely they will give it to him

Euhhm I presume you guys know that 88 is the number of the Neo Nazis as H is the 8th number in the alphabet and it stands for Heil Hitler...

The amount of money to be made on replica gear and merch makes it an obvious decision to make Hooper #88

I didn''t actually no that ROBFLECK, or had at least forgotten it, oh well every day''s a school day! I''ll avoid getting that on my shirt!