Sign in to follow this  
DannyNCFC7

troops ?

Monty, you can only use quotation marks when it''s a direct quote, so grammatically speaking you''re not correct on that one. That''s pretty irrelevant, though.I just want to say, you''re completely entitled to your beliefs on how the world works, as am I. People are beginning to see a clearer picture now as technology develops and I see protests about government policy (home and foreign) gaining more and more momentum over the coming years. There is huge credence to their disquiet and I''m pretty convinced millions of like-minded people aren''t imagining it. Many of the staunchest supporters of a more open dialogue in regards to current policy are highly educated, well respected people who have no reason to put their reputation on the line for the sake of a ''conspiracy''. The facts are there, we''re just ignoring them in favour of an easy life. Not all of them wear tin hats either.I''m leaving it there because this really is no place for a discussion like this and I''m sorry for heating up a debate that should have never existed on the Pinkun. Have a great season all and hopefully we''ll have some news about transfers to debate soon.Apolgies again.OTBC

Unbelievable comments on here.

Without troops there would be no Free Speech

Utter morons some of you and showing your true worth

[quote user="percy varco"]Unbelievable comments on here.

Without troops there would be no Free Speech

Utter morons some of you and showing your true worth[/quote]

And a very merry bore off to you too. A crass and sensationalist generalisation.

[quote user="percy varco"]Unbelievable comments on here.

Without troops there would be no Free Speech [/quote]Oddly quite the opposite is true. We have never enjoyed the right to free speech under any UK Law. The Right to Free Speech was only availed us under a European Law as recently as in 1998.Historically the militia tended to deal quite heavy handedly with those who said things like "Down with the King" not support them.The British military have defended many things but never "Free Speech" since it has never been under threat since it was granted us.(Except from Blair and his Cronies obviously).

I''m delighted that the numbers of our military forces are being cut and would hope that one day what we''re esstentially left with is a "home guard". This is essentially what many other countries operate quite peacefully with, countries that often get accused of not sending troops into illegal wars that have nothing to do with them such as ourselves.

We''d do well to remember that this country hasn''t been succesfully invaded since the Norman conquest 950 years ago and unless there is any direct eveidence that this country is under any threat from another then there is no reason whatsover to engage in any warfare......there is no eveidence to suggest that we were from either Iraq or Afganistan.

attack only when attacked........and I''d literally want to see foreign boats landing on the shores of Dover before I believe that we are.

as for free tickets for troops............put your hand in your own pockets just like anyone else in employment has to.