Sign in to follow this  
DannyNCFC7

troops ?

I''ve never seen them do it before, and given that we sell out every home game it''s unlikely we will in future, I''d have said.

we get sell out every week? so do man united spurs chelsea aresnal west ham. They all do tickets for troops so i dont see why norwich dont

Not everybody agrees fundamentally with charities for the military, perhaps that''s the stance of the club, or perhaps they just don''t think they can spare the income in the way a Man Utd can.

They should give free tickets to nurses, care workers, teachers, the police as well while we''re there.

...And lollipop ladies.

Why should the armed forces get tickets? They get paid far better than me and in engage in wars not always necessary, causing death. Well done, here have a free ticket to something totally unrelated... total joke.

The armed forces is a tool of the UK Government, last time I checked they don''t engage in any wars without its direction. If you don''t like the way your military is used protest to the Government about it, but they have been, and continue to be, killed and injured serving your country.

Also the vast majority of troops earn under the UK national average wage.

Saying all that, theres no requirement for NCFC to give tickets to troops and I don''t think any less of them for not doing so.

[quote user="nu_matik"]Why should the armed forces get tickets? They get paid far better than me and in engage in wars not always necessary, causing death. Well done, here have a free ticket to something totally unrelated... total joke.[/quote]

To55er

Something was done for Armed forces day and there is also a supporters group, Forces 2 Canaries. Not sure if they get any help but have seen their flag around.

[quote user="nu_matik"]Why should the armed forces get tickets? They get paid far better than me and in engage in wars not always necessary, causing death. Well done, here have a free ticket to something totally unrelated... total joke.[/quote]

Before I comment further can somebody confirm if this is serious or a poor attempt at humour.

[quote user="nu_matik"]Why should the armed forces get tickets? They get paid far better than me and in engage in wars not always necessary, causing death. Well done, here have a free ticket to something totally unrelated... total joke.[/quote]agreed... why should the get free tickets? lets not stop there, free cars, free houses, the list is endless.

It''s clear from this statement that you have very little idea about what our armed forces actually do and how they are run.

I personally don''t think that members of the armed forces should get free tickets but only because I don''t believe you can separate what they do from the police fire and ambulance personnel.

Yeah, sorry but being in the armed forces is a career choice these days, there is no national service or conscription and while it is a tough career for the majority I am sure, I do not agree with handouts any more for them than any other group.The armed forces do something that I would not want to, so do nurses, paramedics, firemen, the police, dustmen, the inland revenue etc etc. It is a choice and it is paid and respected.I totally understand why some, indeed many, feel that the forces are a group to be held above the rest of society but it is not a universally embraced point of view.

It has been a career choice for the last 50 plus years since the end of national service, but the country''s attitude has seen a marked change in that time (thats not my opinion I''ve seen surveys that can be shown to prove it).

Yellow shirt you''ve listed a number of other professions that nowadays also get an unfair amount of negative feeling (ranging from abuse to being taken for granted) from a large proportion of the public.

The difference being I don''t know the last time a dustmen or member of the inland revenue had his limbs blown off in the course of their day to day job. Or was consistently asked to spend the vast majority of each year, year after year, out of the country. Or (barring some recent high profile police killings) has had members of that group repeatedly killed in large numbers year after year for over the last ten years.

You''re right the armed forces is a choice and is paid (whether or not it is paid enough is very much a subject of debate), its certainly not respected (like all those other jobs) by many of the people it is employed to serve.

I also think your sentiment is wrong, I don''t think anyone in the Armed Forces wishes to be held above the rest of society, but when there is no appreciation from some for what they do I imagine many, and the families of those injured and killed, wonder why they bother.

Listen to some of you scum bags on here.

Makes me sick to think you support the club.

If you think its such a well paid job, think again. Wasnt so long ago privates were getting income support if the had a family and lived in the uk.

Some of you need to shut your mouth and show some respect.

[quote user="nu_matik"]Why should the armed forces get tickets? They get paid far better than me and in engage in wars not always necessary, causing death. Well done, here have a free ticket to something totally unrelated... total joke.[/quote]For all you know, it might have cost them an arm and a leg.

"Yeah, sorry but being in the armed forces is a career choice these days, there is no national service or conscription and while it is a tough career for the majority I am sure, I do not agree with handouts any more for them than any other group.

The armed forces do something that I would not want to, so do nurses, paramedics, firemen, the police, dustmen, the inland revenue etc etc. It is a choice and it is paid and respected.

I totally understand why some, indeed many, feel that the forces are a group to be held above the rest of society but it is not a universally embraced point of view."

All valid points, and yes other public servants do jobs that many wouldn''t, but it''s a bit different for the armed forces.

We get posted up and down the length and breadth of the British isles against our will, sent away from home for months on end, often with little or no notice, to some of the most hostile areas of the earth, living in austere conditions. All of this makes it very difficult for some forces families to put down roots, and every plan you EVER make is set in jelly. Holidays cancelled, birthdays and Christmases missed.

If we''re told we have to work weekends unexpectedly, or 18 hour days, weeks on end without a day off, there''s no choice and no overtime (unlike other public servants). We have no right to strike action (unlike other public servants, and not that I''d want to) and no unions.

We''re also being asked to do more and more work in the face of horrific cuts in numbers and budgets. The number of operational squadrons is being reduced heavily, yet deployment commitments remain as high as ever. For the next year I expect to be away more than I''m at home.

I don''t think life in the forces is a bad one. Far from it. Stick with it for a few years and the pay is OK. Not stellar, but with the extra allowances I''m entitled to I earn comfortably more than the national average salary.

I''m not saying this because I believe that we''re entitled to any more than any other key workers. I just think that small tokens of appreciation such as tickets for troops go a long way to making up for some of the cr@p we have to put up with.

I''m not disparaging the work that the police, nurses, firefighters etc do, but it''s definitely different for members of the forces.

[quote user="Monty13"]It has been a career choice for the last 50 plus years since the end of national service, but the country''s attitude has seen a marked change in that time (thats not my opinion I''ve seen surveys that can be shown to prove it).

Yellow shirt you''ve listed a number of other professions that nowadays also get an unfair amount of negative feeling (ranging from abuse to being taken for granted) from a large proportion of the public.

The difference being I don''t know the last time a dustmen or member of the inland revenue had his limbs blown off in the course of their day to day job. Or was consistently asked to spend the vast majority of each year, year after year, out of the country. Or (barring some recent high profile police killings) has had members of that group repeatedly killed in large numbers year after year for over the last ten years.

You''re right the armed forces is a choice and is paid (whether or not it is paid enough is very much a subject of debate), its certainly not respected (like all those other jobs) by many of the people it is employed to serve.

I also think your sentiment is wrong, I don''t think anyone in the Armed Forces wishes to be held above the rest of society, but when there is no appreciation from some for what they do I imagine many, and the families of those injured and killed, wonder why they bother.[/quote]Don''t misunderstand me Monty, I didn''t mean to suggest that the forces themselves felt that they should be held above society- that would seem a very strange feeling for someone who chooses to serve and protect that society.Nor was I comparing the professions in any other way than that I wouldn''t want to do any of them, for different reasons.I do not feel though that the loosing of limbs or life or being asked to live out of the country year after year are particularly fair points to compare as these are the well known risks of the job, it is part of what they are paid for. I wrote a whole load more trying to explain where I personally am coming from on this point but have deleted it as there is no way that this is a conversation that can be had in text form without both sides getting p1ssed off or at least frustrated.What I will say is that I think you are right about the respect thing. I respect what all of the professions I listed do but many do not. Some will no doubt say that I do not respect them enough but that is to misunderstand my angle on the matter.

I want to clarify that I have nothing at all against the armed forces, just certain over-the-top attitudes people have and a propensity for them to twist others'' words to make anyone who disagrees sound like they are not patriotic. And I work for my country, in a slightly different role, so there.

See I don''t get the attitude Alan, I have no idea why people feel the need to be particularly pro or anti the military.

In fact I think it''s only ever really nowadays people being anti-military that brings out any sentiment of being pro it. I have never gone around telling people how amazing the military is but you''re right it annoys me when people are quick to take cheap jibes at those serving for no particular reason I can work out.

If you don''t like what they are doing complain to your MP it''s not the military''s fault, It''s like your neighbour bringing his dog and getting it to sh@t on your front lawn and you directing all your rage at the dog.

QH- Fair argument- and I could debate some of those points all night with someone who is clearly so realistic about things. Playing devils advocate at times I should think too :)Don''t you think that tickets for England/Scotland/Wales matches is more appropriate than club games?

I really respect what the armed forces do in this country. God knows I certainly couldnt do what they do!However just because I respect the armed forces does NOT mean I respect the wars that the British Government enters into.

That''s alright yellow shirt, I have no issue with opposing views on this or any other subject.

I seriously think those who are not in the military misunderstand the role of those in it, I doubt many joined with the understanding they may chance losing life or limb quite as frequently as has occurred in the last 10 years or so. The risks are also extremely skewed depending on your trade and the nature of the conflict.

I also would disagree that the military are paid to risk life and limb on a day to day year by year basis, that is a fundamental misunderstanding of the UK armed forces purpose. People who are expected to potentially risk life and limb on a continuous basis are paid much, much more than the average member of the armed forces deployed on operations.

[quote user="Monty13"]That''s alright yellow shirt, I have no issue with opposing views on this or any other subject.

I seriously think those who are not in the military misunderstand the role of those in it, I doubt many joined with the understanding they may chance losing life or limb quite as frequently as has occurred in the last 10 years or so. The risks are also extremely skewed depending on your trade and the nature of the conflict.

I also would disagree that the military are paid to risk life and limb on a day to day year by year basis, that is a fundamental misunderstanding of the UK armed forces purpose. People who are expected to potentially risk life and limb on a continuous basis are paid much, much more than the average member of the armed forces deployed on operations.[/quote]I''d love to have the conversation properly one day as I have personally only known forces people who accept that the risks are there and constant, I cannot understand how someone could sign up and not feel that they could at any moment be in a very dangerous situation.As I mentioned before this is not a text/forum conversation though- I find it a genuinely fascinating subject and would love to know more about what people do expect when they sign up.

[quote user="the1englishman"]Listen to some of you scum bags on here.

Makes me sick to think you support the club.

If you think its such a well paid job, think again. Wasnt so long ago privates were getting income support if the had a family and lived in the uk.

Some of you need to shut your mouth and show some respect.[/quote]blimeysomone''s woken up Alf Garnett again