Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Cheikhou Kouyate

What''s the deal with this guy? We have huge threads for every other player that we have been linked with, but this one has hardly been discussed.
We were linked a couple of weeks ago but now Newcastle and Sunderland are being talked about.
But it looks like he is definitely coming to England because the French and Belgian papers are full of articles about him getting his Belgian passport (so that he can move to England) and Anderlecht have some player named Kanu lined up to replace Kouyate when he leaves.
A lot being said about Alderwield, but could this bloke remain an option?

The last we heard was on 24th July when we had apparently "missed a deadline".
But there are articles from 1st August about this Kanu player moving to Anderlecht when Kouyate leaves (I think I even saw a quote from Kanu or his agent, hard to read translated stuff sometimes).
If that is true, and he is still on the way out, then perhaps the deal could still be on?

[quote user="super canary"]im nervous as to where this thread will go, taking certain factors into consideration.[/quote]
Immediately off-topic, clearly.

If nothing is going to happen with Toby which it is looking more likely so then I would like to see us go for this guy. Meant to be a beast and a good prospect. 

A few weeks ago I asked my Brussels based Anderlecht fan for his opinion of the chap. He gave him 7/10 saying that he looks world class in many games however he has the propensity to appear as though he is on ''another world'' at times.

I quite like the sound of him personally especially considering our lineup of defensive experts in the dugout.

Apparently he''s been waiting for his papers for Belgian citizenship. You can get that after 2 years living there. When he has that, (before the end of August) it makes the deal a whole lot easier to do.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Apparently he''s been waiting for his papers for Belgian citizenship. You can get that after 2 years living there. When he has that, (before the end of August) it makes the deal a whole lot easier to do.[/quote]He has it now Jimmy, got it a week or so ago. Read some French/Belgian articles which seem to suggest that he is definitely moving to England and that somebody named Kanu is going to Anderlecht to replace him. 
I wonder whether his move is already sorted but they are waiting for Kanu to sign before letting him move on (not necessarily to us, a few clubs being mentioned - Newcastle and Sunderland two of them).
The French speaking contingent at Newcastle may be a major draw for him though, unless he speaks fluent English.