Sign in to follow this  
Greg Downs Hairpiece

Tonights match

To be fair I couldn''t give a shit if Vaughan Martin or any ex player scores. Just want updates on our game

14k isn''t bad, but with tickets at a tenner instead of 15, I reckon they could easily have breached 20k

[quote user="Paul"]To be fair I couldn''t give a shit if Vaughan Martin or any ex player scores. Just want updates on our game[/quote]
Alright then, just so long as you don''t want the updates. Let''s not worry about anybody who might. 

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="The New Boy"]Goal for James Vaughan.[/quote]

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.[:|]

[/quote]
Back at ya. 

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Ipswich losing 2-0
[/quote]

Epic!

[/quote]

Yeah but how are Huddersfield getting on against Bradford ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Ipswich losing 2-0[/quote]

Epic!

[/quote]

[/quote]2-0 and you know who scored both

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Ipswich losing 2-0[/quote]

Epic!

[/quote]

[/quote]
Glad that you asked that question Til. It is currently 2-0 and James Vaughan has scored two goals. I should have said. 

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Ipswich losing 2-0
[/quote]

Epic!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Glad that you asked that question Til. It is currently 2-0 and James Vaughan has scored two goals. I should have said. 

[/quote]

Looks like Webbo was right as you clearly wish to deflect from the Scum result.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Ipswich losing 2-0[/quote]

Epic!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Looks like Webbo was right as you clearly wish to deflect from the Scum result.

[/quote]
Oh yeah, obviously. I got a Norwich badge tattooed on my arm for the kicks, I''ve been to over 700 Norwich games for the sake of it, and I''ve stayed up all night three times in the sheer hope that Norwich will lose. 
I''m obviously the best Ipswich troll in the universe. As they say, keep the enemy close. 

[quote user="Evesham Canary"]Did it finish 1-1?

Any reports on how we have played?[/quote]
Bossed them in the first half, they were on top in the second half apparently. 
1-1 a fair result overall. 

Thank you Evesham!

A report rather than a fight please would be appreciated.

Report from Goal.com

The Dutch striker opened the scoring with his first goal in a Canaries shirt as the East Anglian side had to settle for a draw against their Spanish opponents

Ricky Van Wolfswinkel marked his Norwich home debut with a goal as the Canaries drew with Spanish side Real Sociedad in their first pre-season friendly at Carrow Road.

The Dutch striker, a summer signing from Sporting Lisbon, opened the scoring inside ten minutes with his first goal for Chris Hughton’s side, much to the delight of the jubilant home crowd, but could not help feeling sheepish at the manner of the goal.  

However, former Arsenal striker Carlos Vela drew the Spaniards level midway through the second-half, calmly slotting past Mark Bunn after finding space in the penalty area.

Hughton named fellow home debutants Leroy Fer, Nathan Redmond and Martin Olsson in his starting line-up, and it was the former who helped create Van Wolfswinkel’s opener, leaping highest to connect with Robert Snodgrass’s early corner, only to see his header diverted past the hapless Bravo courtesy of the unsuspecting striker’s shin.

It was no more than Norwich deserved, with Redmond in particular proving to be a constant thorn in the Sociedad’s back-line throughout.

Norwich would have to wait until midway through the first half for their next chance of note, as Steven Whittaker fizzed an effort at goal from the edge of the area following a short corner, but was unlucky to see his strike fly narrowly off-target.

Van Wolfswinkel should have doubled his goal tally shortly after the half-hour mark, when pouncing on a defensive mix-up, but the Dutchman was unable to beat Bravo in the Sociedad goal from close range, firing straight at the keeper when one-on-one.

Shortly before the interval Imanol Agirretxe cut in from the right before pulling the trigger, but he was unable to find the target in what was a rare strike at goal for the Spaniards.

Captain Russell Martin came close to doubling his side’s lead with the final kick of the half only to see his glancing header, following another dangerous Snodgrass set-piece, fly just wide of the far post as a scrambling Bravo looked on.

Norwich continued to threaten after the break with Snodgrass stinging Bravo’s gloves from range with moments of the restart, but it was Sociedad who looked the more dangerous as the half wore on, with Vela eventually claiming a deserved equaliser.

Ruben Pardo and Vela both came close to levelling the scores for the Spaniards, only to see desperate last-ditch challenges from Whittaker and Martin deflect their goal-bound efforts just wide of the goal.

However, Vela was not to be denied much longer as the Mexican finally got the better of the Norwich defence, shrugging off numerous challenges in the penalty area before placing the ball beyond Bunn into the bottom left-hand corner.

Sociedad continued to threaten against a tiring Norwich side, with Whittaker this time needing to be alert to block a powerful Agirretxe effort at goal from inside the penalty area.

Hughton introduced another home debutant in the form of Gary Hooper to the action with ten minutes remaining, but as a desperate Norwich defence dropped deeper and deeper, the former Celtic man was rarely given an opportunity to add his name to the scoresheet, with neither side able to claim a late winner.

[quote user="The New Boy"][quote user="urdie_Canary"]This will be a massive test tonight, I see plenty of Spanish football last season, Sociadad were on fire, Greizman is quality as is the lad who real madrid signed the other day from them for 35 million.Technically we''re up against a team who are far far better than us. Two very different styles, should make for a good game[/quote]
They have Carlos Vela too, the player that I dream about playing as our second striker. 
[/quote]
Scored the equaliser. 
Would love this man in yellow. 

A few things to note there.

Firstly, great to see RvW score and great to see him intercept another backpass (did that against Brighton I believe?) - he''s obviously a very alert striker. Only problem is that he missed the one-on-one chance again which is a bit annoying for a ''clinical striker''. Hopefully he''s just getting his misses out of the way early on and getting his sharpness back

Secondly, great to see we''re playing well and looking dangerous - dominating games early on and having a decent 60mins or so. We appear to be tiring after this and getting deeper and more defensive which is a bit worrying, but then we''re still getting our fitness up to scratch and we were playing a top side tonight.

Thirdly, Snoddy doing well with set pieces again and Redmond looking very lively. Also Martin and Whittaker doing quite well in defence. Glad to see Whittaker getting forward with a shot or two as well.

Hopefully more to come from the boys and Hooper gets more game-time. Couple more signings too please. Get that fitness up and get turn these draws into wins - sound like last season?

Last match Hoots experimented with 4-4-2 and failed and it seems he has given up on it.

We held our 4-5-1 all game so it would seem the same tactics will be employed this season but with better players this time round.

RVW''s goal was from a corner promptly headed down by Fer down into RVW''s leg he managed to angle just in time rolling the ball into the empty net. He was unmarked.

Redmond was given plenty of opportunities to run with the ball and provided the most excitement. Be interesting if Hoots starts him but I have a hunch he will come on for the last 30m of every game to start with vs tired legs.

Sociadad were clearly lacking match fitness and the game to me lacked any real competitiveness, less bite than the Betis game.

Overall it fills me with confidence and I feel we will grow as the season passes evolving into a very organised and hard to defeat team.

RVW is looking good but looks like he is slightly starved in our formation only getting 2/3 chances a game. I might want to start with Hooper as he seems like a quick fix whilst RVW settles and learns the league.

Weakest player for me was Whittaker, looks a bit out of sorts for me. Looking forward to Bassong or a new CD so Martin can cement his place on the RB as captain.

Also of note I feel confident of Ollssen as LB over garrido. Seems to be very dependable.

Their goal came from Vela, their only bright spark. Swivelled in the box and Bunn showed him too much of the goal, easy slot for him.

Feel good after watching that! Few real class, esp. In first half when he played behind VW, bit less so when he dropped back a bit in second half. Redmond, fantastic balance and feet, tried to do too much but for me creates a bit of the Hucks buzz when he has the ball, he is no Hucks yet but what a prospect and different to anything else we have. Olsen overshadowed Garrido who replaced him in second half, Russel Martin looks ok at centre half and Howson seems to have carried on from where he left off last season.

Looked really good going forward and my fears about CH will be put to rest if we start like this in the PL, only a friendy I know but very encouraging!

Great game, the opposition was superbly technically advanced. There movement touch, composure is what we will see from the top four in this league. We coped very well, pressed when needed but never lost our structure. Yes we were missing a few players in defence but Olsson and Redmond looked a great partnership down the left.

First five minutes we were bright, then we absorbed some pressure before the corner and fers header to rvw''s shin. A good goal that gave us the emphasis.

Their goal was coming, fantastic movement, ability it was a pleasure to watch fer showed moments on par and certainly you can see the additions raise our level but we need those around them to raise.

The passing from rs was superb crisp and composed at times we fell into last seasons deep defending with no one able to get the ball and be a threat. As we ended the game with a back four and midfield (with the exception of Redmond) from last year, we looked like the team from last year. Hooper came on and did a bit.

All in all a fantastic workout we were strong, resilient, fearless and at times showed good quality. Get in a few more players and we will have that bit more. I certainly feel centre back and that attacking midfield role is key, I also would note I would have no problem for s to look at right back. We must look to improve across the line up and I really feel that fer, rvw, Redmond proved what upgrades hey were on players from last year, if we can bring in a bit more we will be very well equipped for this season.